Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

The Last Stand of Scelfor II

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheTimeless
Level 17
TheTimeless

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

The Last Stand of Scelfor II  Empty
The Last Stand of Scelfor II  Empty#1PostSubject: The Last Stand of Scelfor II    The Last Stand of Scelfor II  EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 2:10 pm

The city had fallen. The capital city of Io on Scelfor II had finally fallen.  When the Scelfor I troops had arrived they had landed 35 miles away from Io. They were met with heavy resistance by the remaining troops of Scelfor II. It was a hard fought first landing but the much better trained and better armed Scefor I army quickly overran the defenses that were set up. The artillery was disabled and the soldiers were pushed back into Io. They dug in and held the city because they knew after that it was just clean up work. They were heavily embedded and using the civilians to keep the Scelfor I artillery from firing into the buildings. Along with the 215,000 soldiers that were now embedded, there were lives of 92 million civilians that couldn't evacuate. The Scelfor I troops had help on the inside and slowly but surely they started to destroy the remaining strongholds. The city was fought block by block and door by door until there was only the center of the city left. They had set up a 9 x 5 block wall of cars, sandbags, and walls to protect the last stronghold. There were 12, 198 soldiers and around 2, 019 civilians that were behind the walls and hundreds of thousands of Scelfor I marines waiting to knock them down. In the head of the attack was General Vermont who sat 3 blocks back in a 17 story building heading the entire operation. For the Scelfor II army, the head was Commander Vance Molt. He was the second in command after the General had taken an artillery shell to the head. They were both waiting, the guns silent until the other made a move. Meanwhile, around 60% of the Scelfor I forces were departing the city heading out to take the rest of the planet. The carriers were hovering low over the city and the gunships and dropships leaving with the rest of the army. In charge of the departing force was Command Xin Yuen, they were heading towards the Air Force base of Io which stood around 15 miles away.
Back to top Go down
TheTimeless
Level 17
TheTimeless

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

The Last Stand of Scelfor II  Empty#2PostSubject: Re: The Last Stand of Scelfor II    The Last Stand of Scelfor II  EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 2:34 pm

It was the 4th day of keeping the Second Scelforian Army in the 9 x 5 block radius when they tried their first attempt to leave. It was a head-on attack of two tanks and around 2 thousand men charging out. The two large tanks held more than enough shields and armor to tank numerous hits. We had set up a two-block dead zone so when they first came out they didn't see anything. They charged forward and turned left when they saw us. It was a wall of tanks that fired as they charged forward. The guns sang in unison as the first tank went up in a ball of fire. The second tank hit our line destroying one of our tanks. Our battalions that were hidden in the buildings shot out the windows and began firing on the men below. It was like shooting fish in a barrel as they were dropping like flies. They tried to retreat but our jeeps came out of the buildings garages blocking them in. Our heavy gunners opened fire from the cover quickly ending off any retaliation. They fought tooth and nail and in the end we had to kill them all. 

Log of Thomas Revee ~ Rank: Master Sergeant/ Batallion V ~ 

It was horror. I was apart of the heavy gunners assigned with trapping the troops inside of the kill box. As the jeeps rounded the garage and got in the way of their retreat we saw the fear on the men's faces. As they ran the other way we pulled out guns and opened fire. Everyone in the kill box walked closer and closer to the men as none of the fire stopped. When there were few left and they seemed defeated a Private approached them ready to offer surrender. There last commanding officer gripped onto the Private and pulled the pin on the grenade. By the time he had fallen to the ground the grenade went off and the enemy started firing again. The last man was a heavy soldier. He fired into our ranks which were now rapidly getting closer. He was hit so many times and you could just smell his burning flesh as he kept on going. Finally, we backed away from him as a sniper in a close tower was told to finish the job. He was down to his pistol as he fired randomly. The gunshot was heard seconds after the man crumpled his wild screams silencing almost instantly. All the men stared at his fallen figure before the CO told us all to resume patrols. I've never seen such determination and utter anger.

~End Log~
Back to top Go down
TheTimeless
Level 17
TheTimeless

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

The Last Stand of Scelfor II  Empty#3PostSubject: Re: The Last Stand of Scelfor II    The Last Stand of Scelfor II  EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 1:47 pm

It was the day directly after the first attack out of the breach when a stray bullet seemed to worm its way through the cracks of the walls and the explosion went off. The Scelfor I army all ducked for cover as an enormous fireball went up over the walls the entire right block of it falling apart. The men watched in a mix of awe and confusion as the sounds of fighting were coming from inside. Around 100 men that were on the wall when it exploded charged with their weapons drawn. What they saw was the civilians fighting back against the Scelfor II army. There were only two thousand civilians but they had the last army in a bad position. The civilians all had weapons and were firing from the higher positions in the buildings down onto the army. But this lucky draw wouldn't last for long as around 15 thousand of the enemies army was still functional along with around 22 tanks. The Scelforian I armies ran forward hitting the enemy from the flank as they relentlessly beat into them. At first, there were only a hundred men from Scelfor I but as the battle grew harsher and deeper thousands of more poured in. It was chaos as it was every man on his own, they were fighting like animals each having their own individual battle. The fighting was everywhere and it was nonstop. The final push was near when the tank line burst through the far wall closing in on the Scelfor II army. They were trapped in a 1 block by 1 block area their resources running despairingly thin as they tried their best to hold. We never even bothered to go into the building as gunship after gunship flew by hitting it over and over with hundreds of missiles until the firing from the inside finally stopped. All was quiet in the city before the cheers from the civilians and soldiers alike echoed. The day was won and the city was conquered. But what would happen to the rest of the planet? The Scelfor II army would fight at every single village, river, and house. We need something to turn the tide something to disable their electronics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Last Stand of Scelfor II  Empty#4PostSubject: Re: The Last Stand of Scelfor II    The Last Stand of Scelfor II  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last Stand of Scelfor II

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1