Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Korrin Nightvale
Level 6
Korrin Nightvale

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions Empty
The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions Empty#1PostSubject: The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions   The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:43 am

As many people who have been on the site for a while will know, the inclusion of fandoms and previously established franchises has been removed from our universe. As a general rule, I have no problem with this as I'd hate to see our plots shift to rely on specific plots and stories that aren't original and exclusive to our site. However, I feel as though there should be a limited reintroduction of SOME things from previously established franchises.
What I mean by this is editing the rules related to franchises and fandoms to allow our users to use much smaller scale things and edited versions of things from franchises. To give an example, weapon and ship designs from franchises like Mass Effect and Star Wars would allow less experienced roleplayers to submit many things just as good as some of the original creations that those of us who've been roleplaying longer can just create off the top of our heads. I feel this is a good idea as things like this, such as some previously submitted planets and weapon designs have no impact or effect on our original lore and storylines and reintroducing these smaller things close the very obvious skill gap found between the more experienced users of the site and those who might be completely new to roleplaying.
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions Empty#2PostSubject: Re: The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions   The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Personally, I am against doing this for a few major reasons which I'll list below.

1. As far as I can tell, implementing fandoms and such in the past has pretty much entirely consisted of adding ship and weapon designs, which would essentially be revoking rule 4

2. Pictures, music, and inspiration are allowed when creating original content and are excellent resources for inspiration. Not to mention, I can't think of a single "experienced" RPer here who wouldn't be willing to help others come up with ideas and such. All you have to do is ask.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t227-elias-bishop#1720
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End
The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions DQtpig0 Archaeologist
The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions K2DLTa9 Scholar

The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions Empty#3PostSubject: Re: The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions   The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 4:04 pm

Adding a Mass Effect assault rifle is cool if you don't call it a Mass Effect assault rifle.
Just changes names for low-level stuff and you don't infringe rule 4.
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t6-dan-almis
Defaox
Banned
DefaoxBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions Empty#4PostSubject: Re: The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions   The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 3:10 am

I am honestly failing to see why it's so hard for someone to come up with their own name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions Empty#5PostSubject: Re: The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions   The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions Empty

Back to top Go down

The Inclusion of Limited Fandom Submissions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1