Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Syntax Online

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaveTheHydraKing
Level 21
DaveTheHydraKing

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Syntax Online Empty
Syntax Online Empty#1PostSubject: Syntax Online   Syntax Online EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 9:48 am

--Entry Log 1--

We've done it! Here at the Immortals base we've done it! We have officially created the Syntax, an invention that will finally help even the playing fields with ground combat. After nearly a year of hard work we've finally been able to assemble our anti-heavy tank/ mech mobile artillery system.

With the Mk1 going into testing now we, me especially, are excited to see how our hard work has turned out. We've gone through months of debate whether the Syntax should be energy based or ballistic, and through those debates we have decided on ballistic missiles.

The Syntax Mk1 is rather clunky and heavy, speed for now is definitely an issue, however with it's huge artillery cannon power definitely isn't an issue, it's long range capability is also something that, I myself am rather proud of. Able to say at the back lines and snipe off enemy tanks and mechs, is just what we need to even the playing fields. All I can hope for now is that the tests bring back decent results.
Back to top Go down
DaveTheHydraKing
Level 21
DaveTheHydraKing

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Syntax Online Empty
Syntax Online Empty#2PostSubject: Re: Syntax Online   Syntax Online EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 11:28 am

--Entry Log 2--

It has been a few weeks since the first few tests, and I have finally been given the results! Sadly however they weren't what I was expecting. The speed of the Syntax is severely lacking and is a huge hassle, and appears that it will continue to be until fixed. Another problem is that the power is unstable and even a bit much. It says here in the results that the Mk1 toppled over after it's first shot, due to unstable footing. 

However I have made a new design for the Mk2, instead of three legs it will have four legs with counter waits spiking off each leg. The addition of the forth leg should help the stability and it's lacking in speed. Another problem I've decided to address was the rather small interior, now with a size increase I've made it so that the Syntax can hold up to five people. Five slots will be for the original crew members while the other five will be for backup troops in case the Syntax is stormed.

I will be sending the Mk2 off to trails soon, and I'll be waiting for results.
Back to top Go down
DaveTheHydraKing
Level 21
DaveTheHydraKing

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Syntax Online Empty
Syntax Online Empty#3PostSubject: Re: Syntax Online   Syntax Online EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 11:53 am

--Entry Log 3--

Damn all the gods! It's been two months now of nothing but failures and minimalistic improvements! Mk2 didn't even fire, while Mk3 blew up on the damn spot! Apparently the explosive ammunition got jammed and another round was fired causing everything to go up in damn flames! Mk4, even with the improvements that got rid of the jamming issue, it's engines failed!

Now I've got word that they are threatening to shut down my whole program! This is terrible! All my hard work could go straight down the drain, for favour of the damn Hammer Heads! Do they not understand that the Syntax is needed for ground battles?

I've made the adjustments and almost reinvented the Syntax for this trail. I can only hope that we don't fail this test and receive good results. For the love of the gods I hope this isn't shutdown. For my sanity and the Immortals safety.

Next log will either tell of my failure or my success. I do hope it's the latter.
Back to top Go down
DaveTheHydraKing
Level 21
DaveTheHydraKing

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Syntax Online Empty
Syntax Online Empty#4PostSubject: Re: Syntax Online   Syntax Online EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 12:01 pm

--Entry Log 4--

Success! We've done it! The Syntax Mk5 has, against all odds, pulled through the trail, with only minimum faults! However this small victory is overshadowed by the over looming fear of them still wanting to shutdown my operation unless they see major improvements.

They want longer range, and two types of ammunition. Ballistic explosives and piercing shots. However they have seemed to settle on the sluggish speed. I've told them that if they want something this powerful and heavily armoured they will need to settle with low speed.

The Mk6 is my last attempt at this. The Mk6 will have my four-legged design, one massive long ranged cannon with both ballistic and piercing shots. It will also be a massive creation, allowing for the cannon and it's inner workings as well as the ten man crew inside.  It's speed may be lacking but it's overall power and resilience should make up for that fault.

The final trail is approaching. I hope to the gods the Syntax Mk6 will pull through.
Back to top Go down
DaveTheHydraKing
Level 21
DaveTheHydraKing

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Syntax Online Empty
Syntax Online Empty#5PostSubject: Re: Syntax Online   Syntax Online EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 12:08 pm

--Entry Log 5--

The Mk6 has done it! With it's power and resilience it was able to pull through the trails. I've been credited with the success of the Syntax and to my delight it will be implemented as soon as possible. The playing fields may be finally equal on the ground. We Immortals may rule the skies, but now, we small rule the grounds!

Through almost two years of painstakingly long work, we've cracked it. The Syntax is a force to recon with and it will be a true threat on the ground. Or at least I hope so.

Thankfully the recourses needed to make such a vehicle isn't much, meaning they can be a common sight on the battle field. I've also requested that the troops who accompany the crew to be highly trained, just in case the Syntax is seiged. Even thought that will be unlikely because they will be at the backlines most of the time.

Thank the gods, and whatever power there is for me working through this.

Another exciting thing is that I've been given permission to create more vehicles! Hopefully the next few inventions won't be a pain like the Syntax.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Syntax Online Empty
Syntax Online Empty#6PostSubject: Re: Syntax Online   Syntax Online Empty

Back to top Go down

Syntax Online

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1