Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crow
Newcomer
Crow

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions. Empty
Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions. Empty#1PostSubject: Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions.   Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions. EmptyThu Sep 14, 2017 11:17 pm

Yo

New here and just wanted to find out a couple things in order to get myself situated. 

First, I was just wondering how old the site itself is. It seems like this is a site made recently, but still has a history to it. I like a lot of the features; mainly the organization of the lore and the IC processes. The combo of supernatural/light fantasy mixed with sci-fi is what I'm all about. 

Second, I wanted to know the best way to join plots and how free-flow/restricted the process is for starting new plots. 

Third question concerns character submissions and the technicalities involving all that stuff. In my case I have a character with a lot of IC history built up. He accumulated features and "upgrades" along the way, so I was curious as to if he can be submitted even with all the power he's gained, or if its a case of seeing how powerful he is and playing it by ear. If it's recommended I submit him and wait for approval, then I can do that. Just wanted to find right track.

Other than all that I'm glad to be here. I've been looking for a site with characteristics such as this one. It's great to see a community like this exists.

Thanks, 

Crow
Back to top Go down
RescueRanger
Level 40
RescueRanger

The pirate queen

Former Moderator
The Imperium
Pirate
Alive

Awards
Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions. LiSt9Q4 Member of the Month
Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions. TJPZQB0 Donator

Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions. Empty#2PostSubject: Re: Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions.   Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions. EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi. So im not sure how old the site is. I joined like a year ago but it seems that this community is older than the site. Im sure @Daniel Almis can help you with the age of the site.

You can join any thread that's marked as open and there's a small widget on the site that says 'featured public events' that are threads that you can join at any time.

Third, i do the grading around here with the other staff (check staff list and ranks to see who else) and you can have a character be powerfull and use development threads (a mechanic we use that is comparable to our OOC currency. A dev thread, depending on the length earns you leniency to create more powerfull things. But it still needs to be balanced) Though characters are typically not graded, we may put it under review and ask for a dev thread if one of their abilities is too powerfull. Regardless, you make submissions and the staff grades it, you can typically use other submitted items but you need to ask the creator or you can use generic already existing weaponry (though i believe nukes are restricted)
Back to top Go down
TheTimeless
Level 17
TheTimeless

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions. Empty#3PostSubject: Re: Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions.   Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions. EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Welcome and hopefully Rescue answered all your questions but welcome to the site and we can't wait to see what you bring to the table! Also, I would recommend starting him off 'weak' or un-upgraded and then follow your story and upgrade him.
Back to top Go down
Crow
Newcomer
Crow

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions. Empty#4PostSubject: Re: Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions.   Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions. EmptyFri Sep 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Hey, thanks for the info guys! I barraged Aaron-157 with these and more questions last night, and he gave me the rundown on it all. He looked over my character profile and such. I'll be making a few adjustments to the character's background lore, but everything else was peachy it seemed.

I didn't know about OOC currency, though! That's pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions. Empty#5PostSubject: Re: Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions.   Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey, what's up guys! Just a few questions.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1