Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Rise of the Avatar (Solo)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zephyna Aldaris
Level 6
Zephyna Aldaris

Former Staff
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Rise of the Avatar (Solo) Empty
Private#1PostSubject: Rise of the Avatar (Solo)   Rise of the Avatar (Solo) EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 11:53 am

Chapter One

".... called the Zvagni, have attacked one of the trading posts outside Pride's walls. We are uncertain as to what the extent of the damage is, but we have confirmed reports that Zaegrim's Heart and his daughter, Adwina, were visiting there. May Zaegrim keep them safe from harm..."

Zephyna looked up from her wrist-holo as she ran through the alleys of the small trading post of Zaegrim's Trust - the same trading post in the holo news. The young teenager deemed it important to make use of any information that came forth to safely navigate the Trust without meeting with danger. So far, it had proven effective. That day marked the first attack on Inquisition territory by the feline-esque Zvagni savages. Despite their barbaric nature, the Zvagni had access to stolen Inquisition goods and seemed capable of using them.

All around her during her slow and agonizing advances through the autostalls and portable buildings, Zephyna saw chaos; men ran to protect what they owned while women who had been visiting with their children held onto their headdresses and ushered crying younglings along to safety. For all the civility and magitechnology the Inquisition had, even the basest of survival instincts remained - run around frantically as if that would help anything.

Zephyna couldn't help but smile sadly at the thought.

It was hard to see much around her due to the flame and smoke, but Zephyna managed to catch sight of a raised platform that would allow her access to the roofs for a better view of her surroundings. However, to get there, she would have to manage to get through a large open area, and she could hear the gutteral growling of nearby Zvagni Braves. It was night, so the darkness would be an advantage, but if she wasn't careful, Zephyna's height could be a disadvantage in keeping out of sight at all times. A simple, quick glimpse of her leg, and the Zvagni would pounce. To make matters worse, a plethora of shattered debris and broken goods were strewn about the ground - potential tripping hazards and noisemakers.

She would have to time her advance right. With a bit of luck, she would be able to dash through quickly, risking some noise, and get past the Zvagni while they were chanting and growling loudly. Her heart pounded rapidly in her chest as the suspense and intensity of the situation simultaneously pounded on her mind.

"Three." Zephyna whispered a countdown to herself. Time felt like it slowed to hours per second with every counted number.

"Two." Sweat began to bead about her brow due to the stress and heat from the flames.

"One." The nearby Zvagni grew louder and more frequent in their tribal calls, providing the perfect opportunity to sneak by quickly.

"Now!"

Using her long legs, Zephyna darted out into the open area, haphazardly noting where it was safe to step without making noise or tripping. She caught sight of several Zvagni on either side of her through her peripheral vision as she advanced towards her destination, and she couldn't help but hold her breath - hoping that they would not hear her.

Closer.

Closer.

Closer still.

Just a few steps to go.

Crack!

The loud screech of glass breaking underfoot startled Zephyna, and she stopped for a moment to look around.

She moaned with despair.

Each one of the Zvagni near her had heard the sounds she made, and they turned to her; they brandished their weapons and bared their teeth as they prepared to pounce.

Zephyna turned back towards the platform which was now just a couple steps away, and scrambled to reach it and climb up to relative safety. The Zvagni were quick in their closing and were almost upon her before she managed to brush the edge of the platform with her fingers. Surely this was the end for her.

But then...

Loud bangs erupted, and howls sprouted forth along with them as a contingent of Inquisition Zealots and Adepts spewed into the trading area, falling upon the surprised Zvagni. Zephyna was saved. She hurriedly climbed up onto the platform; her feet slipped along the smooth surface a few times, but she managed to keep hold and pull herself up. Taking a moment to catch her breath after that stressful situation, Zephyna looked on towards the soldiers who had saved her. She felt the need to admire their quick movements and deft dispatching of the Zvagni who had been threatening her life until just a few moments ago. The realization that death was almost upon her caused Zephyna's eyes to well up with tears, but the girl blinked them away quickly, unwilling to lift her mask to use her hand instead.

From the platform, Zephyna quickly managed to hop onto the roof of the nearby building, and she surveyed the nearby areas. Everywhere behind her was chaos. Fighting. Screaming. Terror. It was a horrid sight to behold, indeed. Who could have thought that such creatures were capable of such ferocious destruction?

As she looked around, a crumbled pillar upon the ground caught Zephyna's eye. Or rather, more specifically, it was the figure caught under the rubble that was frantically waving their arms that caught her attention. They were trapped, and would need help.

No one was nearby, or unoccupied enough to help her, and Zephyna felt that she would have to act if she wanted to assist that person. With this new goal in mind, Zephyna quickly jumped down off the roof and sprinted towards the trapped individual. As she closed in, Zephyna was able to determine that the trapped person was a girl - probably around her age - and more than that, she was familiar.

Very familiar.

"Lady Adwina?!" Zephyna could scarcely believe it.

The daughter of the current Heart of Zaegrim was before her, calling to her for help. Looking around quickly, Zephyna couldn't find anything that could give her leverage on the rubble to more easily remove it. She had to act fast, but she wasn't entirely sure what to do.

With no other choice, Zephyna sighed, and bent down over the rubble herself. Using her legs to keep her steady, Zephyna grabbed hold of the large piece of rubble, and attempted to lift it just enough for the Lady Heiress to move free. Much to her surprise, however, the rubble, despite its large size, was much easier to lift than Zephyna had thought.

'Is this really made out of obsidian?' She thought to herself.

Useless thoughts aside, Zephyna shook her head and threw the lifted obsidian to the side, and lifted up a few more smaller pieces until the Lady Heiress managed to pick herself up and lay on her back on the ground.

"Praise be to Zaegrim," she exclaimed with relief. Deep, rapid breaths strained Adwina's chest, but she was relieved and chuckled a bit as she smiled. She sat up, and looked at Zephyna in awe.

"It's you!" she stated excitedly. "It must be you!"

Zepyhna stared at Adwina in confusion as the young Heiress stood up.

"You're the successor!"

"The... successor?" Zephyna repeated. "The successor to what, your ladyship?"

"Why," Adwina beamed. "The successor to Zaegrim's Avatar!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t288-zephyna-aldanis#1989
Zephyna Aldaris
Level 6
Zephyna Aldaris

Former Staff
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#2PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Avatar (Solo)   Rise of the Avatar (Solo) EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 6:23 am

Chapter 2

Six Months Later...

"Greetings:

The purpose of this holo letter is to inform the recipient - Zephyna Aldaris - that they have been accepted into the prestigious Zaegrim's Future Military Academy with the highest recommendation and all tuition and fees paid in full on the honor and generosity of the Lady Adwina Elephis.

Having heard of your valiant effort in saving Lady Adwina, ZFMA was more than eager to accept you into our rolls as soon as possible. The upcoming six years of your life will undoubtedly be difficult, but we at Zaegrim's Future hold the highest hopes, and needless to be said, expectations for you during your time within our halls. If you have questions before or after your arrival at the campus, feel free to use the communicator within your headdress to contact one of the many informational intelligences, or an agent of the academy for a more personal-feeling conversation.

Should you feel inclined, travel to and enter the Academy grounds before the end of the week for an opportunity to discuss potential programs, events, and specializations that the Academy offers with the Head of the Education Council and Lady Adwina, who attends our Diplomats and Tacticians courses.

With the warmest, and most eager, regards,

Head Instructor Mazyrra Balus"

Confused, yet excited at the same time, Zephyna read through the letter she had only just received thrice before its contents truly hit home in her mind. She had heard many great things about Zaegrim's Future Military Academy. Not only did it have the highest graduation rate of all Academies - military or otherwise- but graduation looked good for any future endeavors in the military or general career choices. 
The added benefit that her fees and tuition were paid for by the Heiress Heart made Zephyna feel both honored and relieved. Her time spent singing was enjoyable, but as she was yet to become well-known or remotely ready for paid appearances, money was often short for her and her mother (her father was in the military, but payments from his salary as a soldier were far and few between due to the nature of his work and position).

Looking up from the letter, Zephyna saw her mother, Zyna, busying herself with her latest cleaning project - assisted by several small robotic assistants.

"M-mother..." Zephyna's voice shook with excitement as she called for her mother's attention.

"Yes, my dear?" Zyna replied in her silky smooth tone of voice; she smiled at her young daughter as she spoke - brilliant red eyes aglow.

Zephyna gulped and continued - pointing at the letter. "I-I-I w-was just accepted into Zaegrim's Future Military Academy. I just got the letter out of nowhere today. It says that Lady... that Lady Adwina... made the preparations with the highest recommendation."

Zyna's eyes widened with surprise as she covered her mouth to keep herself from screaming out with joy.

"She did?!" Her prevention method failed as she clapped her hands together and nearly screeched her exclamation. "What about the fees? Surely going to such a place is expensive?!"

Zephyna shook her head. "Says here that the Heiress Heart made arrangements so that I'd have no fees or tuitions to pay. My education is secured in full.... no charge to our family!"

"Zaegrim's Fine Hindquarters!" Zyna placed a hand on the obsidian table nearby to steady herself as she tried to clumsily sit down on a chair - also obsidian. As she did so, she covered her face with a hand as her eyes began to tear up and she fought them back.

Zephyna, not faring much better to contain excitement, approached her mother, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"This is it, mother! My future.... well, it's not singing, but... fighting for the Inquisition can be just as exciting and rewarding, no?"

"Of course, dear. Of course. I'm so pleased, M'a Fela {My Girl}. I know your father will be most proud, as well. I can't wait to tell him." Zyna's light gray cheeks sparkled with moisture as happy tears streamed down her face. Her raven black hair - shared with her daughter - became disheveled with her rapid upper body movements.

Zephyna embraced her mother gently, and kissed her cheeks. "Mother. Calm down. Do not wear yourself so much. This is a happy day, but don't make it sad because you got so excited that you hurt yourself."

"Oh, be quiet. I'm fine, you silly girl. Now..." Zyna looked at her daughter proudly and placed both her hands on Zephyna's shoulders.

"We must prepare you to leave. Clothes to wear in private. Headdress needs polishing. Make sure to clean your mask. Don't want it dirty and potentially falling off during a class or public activity or whatever it is they do over there when they're not having you swing or shoot at things. The necessities..."

"Mother," Zephyna smiled wryly. "I know. I'm sixteen. I'll be fine. I promise. I know it won't be easy, but I have you and father to support me. I know I'll make you proud there."

"Oh, I've no doubt about that. I've not forgotten that Lady Adwina predicted that t'would be you who would become the newest Avatar. Already your father and I are so proud of that fact alone. Surely it explains a lot - your growth spurts, your unusual physical tenacity. Not to mention your stubbornness and short-temper, hmm-hmm."

"Mother!"

Zyna ignored her daughter as she shook her head and returned to her cleaning duties.

"My daughter..... the Avatar!"
Back to top Go down
Zephyna Aldaris
Level 6
Zephyna Aldaris

Former Staff
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#3PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Avatar (Solo)   Rise of the Avatar (Solo) EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 1:28 am

Chapter 3

One year later...

"Impressive.... Very impressive..."

Zephyna looked up from her holo archive when she heard a deep, feminine voice speak to her. The individual speaking to her was none other than the Head Instructor Mazyrra Balus, who had also sent forth the letter of acceptance Zephyna had received the year before. Ever since that day, Zephyna had been a student of the Inquisition's Military and Strategic might (though she also received a general academic education, of course). In the year since she had first stepped upon the Academy grounds, Zephyna had risen up to the top of almost every class she participated in. Most of her classes were military-based, which was a given. She did seem to struggle with the Politics and Diplomacy related subjects. Too impatient and stubborn, she was told - as though that was anything new to her.

"Impressive," Instructor Balus repeated. "Having observed you and your progress over the past year, I am quite confident in my decision to believe the Heiress Heart when she said you would become the next Avatar. Needless to say, I am proud and honored to have you in these halls. However..."

Balus smiled with a raised eyebrow. "It seems we are struggling in most matters political and governmental, are we not?"

Zephyna's cheeks turned a slightly darker blue at those words. This seemed to only amuse Mazyrra further.

"Oh, don't worry, my dear," Mazyrra cooed. "It is understandable. Besides," She leaned in closer to Zephyna, a coy smile on her face.

"You have the arm of our beloved Heiress, don't you?" She stood up straight again with a chuckle.

Zephyna nodded in acknowledgement. "I am humbled by the kindness and attention Lady Adwina has shown me in our time learning together here."

"Oh, don't be so modest." Mazyrra clicked her tongue. "Everyone knows by now that the Heiress Heart absolutely adores you to the ends of the galaxy. She believes in you... and so do I. I believe you two are a great pair, and dare I say, a most amusing couple."

"W-what?" Zephyna's voice sounded slightly shocked as she heard those words. Certainly, she and Adwina had grown quite close over the past year, but she didn't think anyone would have said anything about it, let alone realized it.
"What did I say? Don't be modest." Mazyrra attempted to placate the shocked Zephyna. "I've known for quite some time. I mean, who wouldn't think something like this would happen? After all, you two are going to be married due to tradition, even if you weren't already close. The fact that you ARE close should be seen simply as a happy bonus to this whole matter."

"I suppose so." Zephyna's cheeks were even more blue as she continued to stew over this relationship she had with the Heiress Heart. She had never imagined she'd end up so close with Adwina, let alone in a relationship. Come to think of it, she had never thought she'd feel like she did with Adwina towards another woman. It was surprising, but it was altogether pleasing.

"Lady Instructor," Zephyna inquired.

"Hmm?"

"Are there people who think it is weird for Lady Adwina to care for me so much? On a non-personal level, I mean."

Mazyrra cocked her head slightly as she placed a hand under her chin. She raised her eyebrows contemplatedly as she spoke.

"I suppose there would have to be some. Even with our unity under Zaegrim and our general lack of inner conflict, there are those who are skeptical about many things - your being the Avatar for one..."

"I see.." Zephyna looked a little saddened by that. She wouldn't lie about being someone as important to the Inquisition as Zaegrim's Avatar...

Mazyrra lifted Zephyna's lowered head with a long finger. "Don't be so glum, Love. There will always be naysayers. This is true of any nation or any group of people anywhere in the galaxy, and perhaps beyond. All you have to do is prove them wrong at any turn.... Speaking of which..."

"'Speaking of which'?" Zephyna repeated inquisitively.

"Speaking of which, Mazyrra nodded. "I believe there is someone on the academy grounds who wishes to challenge your claims for being Avatar."

"Really? Who?"

"Oh, just some spoiled noble brat from the capital. It is no big deal, honestly. You'll manage to blow away his suspicions and accusations with very little effort. You see, he'll most likely ask you to do something only the Avatar can do. Seeing as most of us Nzani are rather frail in constitution and strength, breaking  some hard, solid objects without a weapon or Magisuit should do just nicely for proof. I mean, look at you! Look at what you've accomplished!"

Zephyna nodded. She had to agree. No matter who it was, nobody else seemed capable of sustaining as much punishment as she could, nor dish out as much brutal, direct pain as she could. Whenever she sparred with other recruits, Zephyna generally always succeeded whenever direct combat was involved. She wasn't so good against those who preferred fighting at a distance, but that was okay. She knew her speed and strength would serve her well in the future.

"I suppose I could show him a thing or two; blow his mind, and his pride, away." Zephyna smiled.

"That's the spirit, my girl!" Mazyrra clapped her hands together happily. "I've no doubt you'll send him back crying to his entitled daddy. No doubt at all!"

"Right. I can do it."

"Yes, yes! Go kick his mind's ass! Show him that you really are the Avatar!"
Back to top Go down
Zephyna Aldaris
Level 6
Zephyna Aldaris

Former Staff
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#4PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Avatar (Solo)   Rise of the Avatar (Solo) EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 2:23 am

Chapter 4

"So, you showed up after all, then, did you?"

A rather arrogant standing young man spoke to Zephyna once she stepped into the arranged "proving grounds". She couldn't see his face through his mask, but she was certain he was smirking and/or sneering at her through it with his obvious ignorance and arrogance.

"Of course I did. I have nothing to fear from this foolish notion. You shall be humiliated for calling to doubt my integrity."

Zephyna bowed politely to her verbal assailant, but she made sure he knew it was out of mockery, rather than sincere politeness. The intended effect came forth as the young man clinched his fists in anger...

A couple days after her talk with the Head Instructor, Zephyna received an unsigned letter.

"To the so-called Heir of the Avatar. I have no reason to believe or hope that someone as insignificantly brought up as you could possibly be the next Avatar of our people. You know what I think? I think you are a sad individual who fooled those who now believe in you just so you could take advantage of their kindness and generosity for a short time.

You may have them fooled, but I am not a fool. If you really are what you claim to be, then meet me in the center courtyard and show me."

While she knew this challenge would be coming, it still angered her greatly in the way it was worded. This fool had dared to so imply that Lady Adwina, the Heiress Heart, and the Head Instructor of Zaegrim's Future were fools. Not only was this a great insult to those involved, but it was an insult to Zephyna, for she would never do such a foul and blasphemous thing.

"Well, then? The young man changed his stance to a bored lean against the nearby wall. "Show me your amazing Avatar strength already."

Zephyna opened her mouth to reply with a retort of her own when, out of nowhere, a strained, distraught shout came from behind her. She knew that voice...

"Wait! Zephyna!"

Lady Adwina ran up to Zephyna, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. "I only just heard from Instructor Balus. Is this really a challenge of who you are?"

Zephyna nodded strenly. "Yes. He seems to think that you are a gullible fool, Adwina."

"I care not what he thinks. What I care about is how you feel about this."

Zephyna smiled behind her mask as she put a hand on Adwina's cheek, which Adwina warmly accepted with a hand of her own over it.

"Do not worry, my Lady. I shall show him that I am what you say I am, and then shall our integrity and word be known to be converse to his belief."

"But, I still feel responsible. If I hadn't made it public that I felt you were the next Avatar, perhaps no one would have had a cause to doubt you."

"Nonsense." Zephyna shook her head, and looked at the young male Nzani with an annoyed expression. "Even if it had remained quiet, there are fools who seek to advance their own causes regardless."

"I suppose you are right. I am sorry."
"It is okay. Now. Chin up. It wouldn't do for the Heiress Heart to be seen crying in her mask in public."

That made Adwina giggle and back up with a little more confidence.

"Alright. Time to show you up, then..." Zephyna whispered to herself as she removed the large satchel she was carrying on her back. Opening it, she pulled forth several blackstone plates - each several inches thick - and she held them up without strain. In case this weren't enough proof, as blackstone was extremely heavy, Zephyna set each block on top of each other, forming a small tower of stone.

As soon as each stone was straight and smooth in its place, Zephyna positioned herself over them, took a stance, and breathed deeply. With a grunt of exertion, Zephyna powerfully drove her right elbow into the top stone. Lifting her elbow from the stone, she could see that it had made a deep indentation in the stone, which cracked. Nothing else happened.

"Pathetic! I knew it!" The young doubter began exclaiming his victory cries. "You couldn't even break a single stone! What a fool! Now you are exposed for the... the..."

As he spoke, the pillar of blackstones began to rumble and creak, ultimately exploding into tiny pieces that flew every which way.

"A fool am I?" Zephyna asked. "Let me tell you something about blackstone."

The young Avatar elect bent down and picked up a large chunk of the blackstone, and walked towards the doubter.

"Blackstone, as everyone very well knows, is extremely heavy and dense. As a result, it is slow to break down, even when met with direct force. Of course, it depends on the kind of force you use, but I deemed it better to make you feel victorious, just to take that false feeling away."

She placed the chunk of blackstone in the young man's hand, and poked him painfully in the chest. "If that's not proof enough for you, then you are a bigger fool than I thought."

Surprised and defeated, the doubter angrily threw the blackstone chunk out of his hand and stalked off - fists clenching and unclenching as he went.

As Zephyna walked towards Adwina, who was smiling with happy relief, a few other students who had come to watch the demonstration approached her. Of the three that stood in front of her, the middle one bowed deeply.

"Lady Avatar," a somewhat deep, masculine voice spoke. "Forgive us for doubting you. We had been certain that Lady Adwina was correct in her prediction until that fool came forth with his doubts. Certainly, we faltered, and it has shamed us."

Zephyna smiled as she placed a hand on the shoulder of the one who spoke. "Forget about it. What's done is done, and I do not hold a grudge against you for doubting. I am glad that you had the strength to doubt, for doubt can often times prove to be beneficial to yourself and those around you. Look at what we've become. Long ago, our ancestors broke away from the Demonic Crusade because of their doubts, and now we have a nation of our own that we love and take care of."

Zephyna crossed her arm on her chest. "I vow that, once I am officially Avatar, I will do all I can to protect all that we have built for ourselves. You have my word."

"Yes, Lady Avatar. Lady Heiress Heart." The group of three bowed once more to Zephyna, and to Adwina, and departed. Zephyna could hear them speaking excitedly about what they had seen amongst themselves, and she had to smile. As she looked on, Adwina approached her, and gave her a hug from behind.

"Oh? The Heiress Heart is feeling scandalous today, it seems."

"Oh, quiet you. I am simply giving my Avatar a reward for protecting our trust and honesty."

"Well, in that case, please reward me more."

----------------

A couple hours later, Zephyna found herself in  her quarters. It was getting dark, and she was tired after that whole escapade with the doubting man. She was getting ready to spend the night alone with her holos and studies when a knock came at her door.

"Lady Avatar-Elect. A letter for you."

Zephyna approached and opened her bedroom door. A messenger stood before her, his arm outstretched with what was definitely a letter.

"Thank you," she stated as she took the letter, and the messenger bowed his head, leaving.

Closing the bedroom door, Zephyna turned on the device that contained the letter's contents.

She looked for the sender. It turned out to be from the the Council of the Stalwart; her father was a Stalwart. Was there news of his return? Excited, Zephyna began to read the holo-letter, hoping for the chance to embrace her father once more.

"To Avatar-Elect Zephyna Aldaris,

It is with great sorrow and suffering that I, Colonel Arrik Valer of the Stalwart Council, write this letter to inform you that your father, Zephon Aldaris, has been killed in action during an attack on a Crusade Expedition. He fought the Crusade bravely, managing to take down several of their ships before falling to their foul machinations himself. We were unable to retrieve his body at the time, but I am confident that, in the time since  his fall, we have been able to recover it so that we may return it to your home in the capital.

I know that this must be hard for you to read, as much as it is hard for me to write. As you know, your father was a good friend of mine. He was a good soldier, and a good man. Regardless of whether or not we have his body, I will personally see to the preparations for a Memorial in his honor on a day of your choosing. He would not want you to fall into sadness, my Lady, though I know that is an unrealistic request. We all must mourn the loss of one of our own, you and your mother especially.

If you wish, feel free to talk to me concerning this matter, and I will offer what support I can in your grieving. I extend the same offer to your mother, who has also received a letter, and who will undoubtedly need you to be there for her in this sad time.

With all respect for your family, and my deepest condolences,

Colonel Arrik Valer. Council of the Stalwart."

"Dead?" Zephyna repeated the words of the letter in a whisper over and over, unable to register what it said.

"My father is.... dead?"

As it dawned on her, Zephyna's legs buckled under her, and she collapsed onto the ground, the letter loosely gripped in her hand still. As she continued to stare at the written words, tears fell from Zephyna's eyes, and she removed her headdress and mask to wipe them away. Her raven hair spilled around her shoulders when the headdressed was lifted, but she didn't care at the moment.

She was too distraught.

"Father...."

She looked at the letter one more time, at a specific part.

in an attack on a Crusade Expedition.

The Demonic Crusade. Of course it had to be them. It was always the Crusade.

Always. Whenever anyone was killed in the line of duty, it was almost always because of the Crusade. That stain upon the galaxy. Those monsters had no place in this universe. Them, or their ilk.

Crushing the holo-letter in her clenched fist, Zephyna felt a burning anger awaken within her. Now, more than ever before, she knew she wanted to destroy the Demonic Crusade and all that it stood for.

She would personally see to it that the Demons, the Orcs, and anything that called itself part of the Crusade were annihilated until there was nothing left of the Demonic Crusade.

"I'm coming for you, Demons. I will be your greatest nightmare. I will be your destroyer..."

Zephyna slammed a fist into the ground, leaving a dent.

"I.... the Avatar...."
Back to top Go down
Zephyna Aldaris
Level 6
Zephyna Aldaris

Former Staff
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#5PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Avatar (Solo)   Rise of the Avatar (Solo) EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 5:54 am

Chapter 5

Five Years Later...

"And so, as Head Instructor of Zaegrim's Future Military Academy, it is my privilege and most proud honor to be the one to congratulate each and every single one of you for graduating with all the knowledge and skills we have spent the last six years bestowing upon you. You are our future - the future of the Inquisition. Ever shall you walk in the wondrous light that is Zaegrim's love for us all. As our strength in the galaxy grows through our diplomacy and respect for other nations and peoples, so shall we all grow stronger individually and as a people.

Let it never be said that we, the Nzani of the Zaegrim Inquisition, were a weak and unwilling bunch, for through our deeds and our words shall we secure our place as nation worth knowing and understanding. And, above all, shall our might be that which brings ruin to the heathens and the fools of the Crusade, so that our galaxy may know peace once more.

Never again will we suffer the Crusade's selfish, chaotic advances. Never again shall we fall to their cruel and unjust ways. This generation - your generation - will be our salvation, for not only do we have the brightest and most brilliant of you among us, but we have a new Avatar-elect once more!"

The crowd of graduates, instructors, and visitors cheered at Instructor Balus' words, acknowledging Zephyna as the newest Avatar of Zaegrim among them. While she had yet to be officially named Avatar, it was imminent and Zephyna was honored to be the subject of so much adoration. To her, it paled in comparison with the privilege and honor that Adwina would have being named Zaegrim's Heart next week, not to mention their wedding that would happen that same day as the official declaration of their positions, but she was honored all the same.

"In conclusion," Instructor Balus continued. "I wish to wish our Avatar Elect, Zephyna Aldaris, and our Heiress Heart, Adwina Elephis, luck and ever fortune in their positions, and, I might add, their relationship."

Zephyna blushed slightly, and looked at Adwina who, Zephyna was surprised to see, was blushing more deeply than she was. The two smiled at each other, knowing full well what Balus' words meant. Zephyna could scarcely believe still. It was just a week away from the time she would, not only be named Avatar, but be tied to Adwina for life in marriage. She knew it would be tough. The duties of  both of their positions would keep them busy for years to come, but it would be the moments of private togetherness that would make it all worth it in the end.

-----------

Shortly after the graduation ceremony concluded, Zephyna searched for Adwina, who she found speaking with her father, the retiring Heart. Upon approaching, Zephyna bowed to the Lord Heart, who bowed to her more deeply in return.

Zephyna lifted her hands in protest. "I am unworthy for such praise and respect, your Lordship."

"Nonsense, Avatar-elect!" The Lord Heart smiled. "You are to be our next Avatar, not to mention my beloved daughter's rock through all things to come. If you were not worthy for such respect, then none of us our."

He bowed once more.

"May you always be guided by Zaegrim's Light."

With that, the Lord Heart embraced his daughter once more, and left.

Turning to Zephyna, Adwina smiled and grabbed the Avatar-elect's hands in her own.

"I can hardly believe it," she stated. "It's so close now. Just thinking about it sends my heart a-pounding."

Zephyna nodded in agreement. "I must say, I never thought that helping you out of those rocks six years ago would result in something like this..."

"But it has, and I am most pleased. I knew we could do it, Zephy!" Zephyna rolled her eyes at the silly pet name Adwina had given her (Adwina had also insisted in Zephyna calling her "Addy", but Zephyna refused).

"Soon," Adwina started once more. "We shall no longer just be Heiress Heart and Avatar-Elect."

Zephyna nodded.

"We will bound in marriage, and we will be who we were meant to be."

The two women lifted up their masks since nobody was around to look at each other's faces. Zephyna could still feel the same pleasant surprise she felt when she first saw Adwina's face all those years ago. Her brilliant silver eyes shown with a beautiful sparkle that sent Zephyna's heart fluttering like a Xarbird's wings, and her smile was always warming to see.

The two women pulled each other close, and their lips met in a warm kiss as they embraced.

"Zaegrim's Heart, and Zaegrim's Avatar..."
Back to top Go down
Zephyna Aldaris
Level 6
Zephyna Aldaris

Former Staff
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#6PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Avatar (Solo)   Rise of the Avatar (Solo) EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 6:23 am

Final Chapter

One week later...

"And with the blessing of, not only the Heart and her Council, but of the All-Father, himself, you, Zephyna Aldaris, are hereby named the Avatar of Zaegrim."

Upon these words, cheering throughout the Hall of Oaths could be heard from the crowd who attended, and also from without the proximity of the building. Zephyna was now officially the Avatar that would, hopefully, bring continued peace and prosperity to the Inquisition along side Adwina, who had been crowned Heart just before her.

What came next was what Zephyna was most nervous, yet excited about - the wedding.

As was dictated by tradition, Zephyna was not allowed to attend the crowning of the Heart, and would only now be able to see Adwina during the marriage ceremony, so she had no idea what Adwina was doing at this time.

Also, as was dictated by tradition, this marriage ceremony would be, perhaps, the only time Zephyna's and Adwina's faces would be visible to the public, as it was believed that the happiness in their eyes and chests would spread to the people in the days to come.

As the ceremony was prepared, Zephyna removed her headdress and mask in public for the first time. As she did so, she was caught off guard by the "ooohs" and "aaaaahs" that erupted from the crowd. Feeling rather embarrassed, Zephyna blushed and looked down bashfully.

"Awww! The Avatar is so cute!"

A girly voice erupted from the crowd, and was meant with more cheers and praise.

The blushing Zephyna continued to look down; her black hair was braided back and tied with an obsidian diamond. "I'm really not used to this much praise. It feels weird."

The magister presiding over the ceremony chuckled. "Now, now, child," he reassured. "This is your day, and the day of your bride. It is okay to bask in this praise. The people love you. They wish to see you happy and succeed - not only for their sake, but for your sake as well. There is a reason the Avatar and Heart are so loved by the people."

"I understand, but still..." Zephyna had to hold back tears from the bashful joy. "I am nervous beyond all reason."

"Ah. Of course. The Lady Heart will be here any moment, after all."

Zephyna nodded.

"You know," the magister recalled. "My grandfather was the presiding magister of the last double-female wedding of the Heart and Avatar. Certainly, there are many more women in the Inquisition as of late, but, and I do not say this because I am a man, mind you, but I believe that you were chosen because you hold the values and the desires of the people at heart. It matters not the gender of our leaders. What matters is the character, and the determination. Lady Adwina saw within you the potential, and the skills, needed to be Avatar. I believe you were meant for many great things past what you imagined."

Zephyna nodded her thanks, and the magister bowed respectfully, taking his waiting position.

"Behold!" A sudden, loud voice rang throughout the Hall of Oaths.

"Your Lady Heart comes forth to meet her beloved!"

Cheers rang out once again as Adwina walked gracefully into the Hall. Catching sight of her, Zephyna could do naught but hold her breath in amazement.

Draped in a brilliantly deep red dress, Adwina glowed with joy as she stepped across the ceremony platform. The dress was beautiful, and it hugged Adwina's curves beautifully, showing off her light skin in some places, but not too much as to look exotic or revealing. A smile percolated her lips as she looked at Zephyna, who was still standing in awe in her uncomfortable ceremonial uniform.

Zephyna noticed that Adwina's long silver hair was tied up into double loops that fell in tails down her back. It was an amusingly beautiful style choice.

As Adwina reached her betrothed, the two women linked arms, and turned towards the magister, who began speaking.

"Today, on this most joyous day of days, we unite the Inquisition once more, as we unite these women in the Oath of Matrimony. Separate, they are great. Together, they will be grand. As they grow closer together in their bond, so to shall we grow closer as a people.

On one hand, the Avatar of Zaegrim - strong, determined, and unwavering. On the other, the Heart - courteous, diplomatic, and gentle. Two hearts made into one under the blessing and love of the All-Father Zaegrim, who continues to light our hearts with his care and his will."

Turning to Adwina, the magister speaks again.

"Do you, Adwina Elephis - Lady Heart of the Inquisition, swear to uphold your Oath to Zephyna to be her guiding heart, her ever-glowing light, and her closest of allies. Being in love, what you are in spirit?"

Adwina smiled at Zephyna as she spoke. "I do, with the blessing of Zaegrim."

"Do you," the Magister turned to Zephyna, who gulped as she was put on the spot. "Zephyna Aldaris - Zaegrim's Avatar, swear to uphold your Oath to Adwina to be her guiding heart, her ever-glowing light, and her closest of allies. Being in love, what you are in spirit?"

Zephyna nodded, returning Adwina's smile. "I do, with the blessing of Zaegrim."

"Then, with my oath of sealing, and with the continued blessing of Zaegrim, I do so name these two souls Wed and Bound for Time Unbroken!"

Cheers broke out once more as the two newlyweds turned, hand in hand, to face the crowd, and bowed.

Adwina kissed her new wife's cheek.

"Our life together now begins again. We are married."

Zephyna nodded. "I still can not grasp the reality of the situation."

Adwina giggled and hugged the newly named Avatar.

"It will be a grand adventure, don't you think? Together! Heart.... and Avatar!"

End.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
Rise of the Avatar (Solo) C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End
Rise of the Avatar (Solo) DQtpig0 Archaeologist
Rise of the Avatar (Solo) K2DLTa9 Scholar

Private#7PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Avatar (Solo)   Rise of the Avatar (Solo) EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 9:50 am

Thread Complete!
60XP Awarded

@Zephyna Aldaris is now Level 4!
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t6-dan-almis
Sponsored content

Private#8PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Avatar (Solo)   Rise of the Avatar (Solo) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rise of the Avatar (Solo)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1