Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Zaegrim'a Nzani Language and Grammar Lessons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zephyna Aldaris
Level 6
Zephyna Aldaris

Former Staff
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Zaegrim'a Nzani Language and Grammar Lessons Empty
Zaegrim'a Nzani Language and Grammar Lessons Empty#1PostSubject: Zaegrim'a Nzani Language and Grammar Lessons   Zaegrim'a Nzani Language and Grammar Lessons EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 10:25 am

I, the Creator and Developer of the Zaegrim Inquisition Faction, hereby request that this thread remain editable by me that I may add to it upon expanding my creation of the Nzani language, "Zaegrim'a Tson", or "Zaegrim's Tongue".

----------------------------------------

Lesson 1

Vocabulary -

Sla - Kill, or Slay
Nzani - Child. Also the plural "Children".
Kruso - Crusade/In reference to the Demonic Crusade
Hchme - Human/ In reference to the people of the UNSC
Zaegrim - The Nzani deity, Zaegrim. Pronounced different than it looks.
Rzit'ala'ir - Defending Wall. Comprised of Rzit, "Wall", and Ala'ir, "Defense". In reference to the Rzit'ala'ir Deflector Shield.
Oqh - Spirit
Sla'oqh - Killer Spirit. In reference to a bladed weapon unique to the Inquisition.
Sla'krusoa - Crusade Killer. In reference to the Magilance used by Zaegrim's Stalwarts.
M - First Person Possessive Pronoun "My". Sounds like the "mmm" noise one makes if something is tasty.
'A - "Of". generally attached to the end of a noun to state where something is from or belongs.
Fela - Girl. Amongst family, used to express endearment towards one's female child. Otherwise, when referring to a daughter in a conversation with a friend or peer, the word "Chela" is used instead.
Chela - As stated above, this word indicates a female as one's daughter in public.
E' - First person pronoun "I"
Ui - Second Person Pronoun "You"
Oi - Third Person Pronoun "They"
Ha - Third Person Pronoun "He"
Fa - Third Person Pronoun "She"
I' - Third Person Pronoun "It"
Nje' - The universal term for the verb, "to be". "am", "are", and "is"
Njo' -The universal term for the verb, "not to be". "am not", "are not", "is not".
Zyn -  the adverb "very". Pronounced "Zoin" like "Groin".

Grammar -

"UI" is pronounced like "oo" and "ee" are quickly spoken together. "ooee".

The letter "Z" changes from a "zzz" sound to a "tss" sound when in the middle of a word. Example: Purzo is pronounced "Poo-r-tso".

'A is a preposition signifying one's belonging. It is usually attached to a noun to whom the speaker or the noun the speaker is referring to belongs to or from.

" E' nje' Zaegrim'a Nzani" - I am a Child of Zaegrim

" E' njo' Kruso'a Purzo" - I am not a Crusade Pig

Pronounced quick enough, "E' nje'" sounds like one word "E'nje'".

Nje' and Njo' are pronounced with an emphasis on both syllables regardless of who it is referring to. This is signified by the apostrophe attached to the vowels. This apostrophe also changes the pronunciation of the attached vowel. Example: E' goes from "ee" to "eh". O' goes from "oh" to "oo" like in "foot". A' goes from "ah" to "ay". I' goes from "ih" like in "tips" to "ee" like in "feet". U' stays "uu" like in "consume".

Exceptions to this rule include the A' in "Sla'oqh", the E in "Zaegrim", and the I in "Nzani". Despite the appearance or lack thereof of an apostrophe, their sounds stay unchanged.

Attaching an A to the end of a noun indicates that one is referring to that noun for certain actions or adjectives.

Example: Sla'krusoa "Crusade Killer"

Sentences - 

M'a Chela nje' zyn felanye. - My daughter is very girly.

Ui njo' aqhe'nyn. - You are not welcome.

Fa ez qhin? - She said what?

Oi nje' kenzo. - It is tasty.

For Audio Assistance, refer to these soundcloud files. Admittedly they are awkward because I am learning the language along with you. 

Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t288-zephyna-aldanis#1989
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Zaegrim'a Nzani Language and Grammar Lessons Empty
Zaegrim'a Nzani Language and Grammar Lessons Empty#2PostSubject: Re: Zaegrim'a Nzani Language and Grammar Lessons   Zaegrim'a Nzani Language and Grammar Lessons EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 5:07 pm

Archived due to owner leaving.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t227-elias-bishop#1720

Zaegrim'a Nzani Language and Grammar Lessons

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1