Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

IMPORTANT: Rule Changes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
IMPORTANT: Rule Changes C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End
IMPORTANT: Rule Changes DQtpig0 Archaeologist
IMPORTANT: Rule Changes K2DLTa9 Scholar

IMPORTANT: Rule Changes Empty
Staff#1PostSubject: IMPORTANT: Rule Changes   IMPORTANT: Rule Changes EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 9:37 pm

An issue came up a few days ago questioning whether we should allow the submission of pre-established universes (Star Wars, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Naruto etc.). As is our 'job' the Staff team had multiple discussions, votes, and then further discussions within the senior staff over the course of days until finally a decision could be made.

From now on we will not allow submissions that are blatant copies, reproductions or replicas of items, species, planets, ships, or anything from pre-established universes as defined above. 

This rule already comes into play in our Rule List, stating no plagiarism. It does state though that 'playbys' and 'inspirations' are allowed, and this still stands. Over the next few days (mainly after I come back from holiday) we will be implementing new rules to help this issue. All changes will be clearly labelled in a new announcement.

As a side note to this I'd like to to congratulate our staff team, specifically our senior staff @Aaron-157@KittyYoungblood, and @Elias Bishop on coming to an agreement after extremely difficult discussion.

I'm also using this announcement to make you aware that from the 10th to the 15th I'm on holiday, and will have limited access to the site. Therefore in that period @KittyYoungblood is in charge. Thread grading will probably not happen within these dates, but I will catch up on them as soon as I am back.

I know this was a long announcement, but thanks to everyone who helped settle this issue and thanks to all of you who come and use this site. 5 years ago we'd never imagined we'd be creating a universe for others to write in and we hope you stay with us to continuing building it.

Love you all <3
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t6-dan-almis

IMPORTANT: Rule Changes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1