Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Infested
Banned
InfestedBanned

Grand Inquisitor

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread) Empty
Private#1PostSubject: A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread)   A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread) EmptySun May 14, 2017 11:37 pm

A large ship of the Reich rose over jungles of enemy-infested Thenna, guided by several Frigates. The ship was a modified Vigilance Cruiser, stripped of weapons so that as much storage space could be attained. Inside, both biologists and engineers worked. In this goliath craft, two projects were simultaneously underway, with each being extremely powerful in their own ways. However, both required the approval of both a Grand Inquisitor and the Director of War Sciences, for these would both require hefty resources to come to fruition.

Doctor Taggart Ein stabbed a large syringe into the unconscious Akreozinsian, more commonly known by both colonists and soldiers as a "Phe". It was drugged enough to keep it asleep for hours, but the doctor, clad in a dark coat, signifying his importance to the War Science's Biological Division, did not want to waste any time. The rapid metabolism of this particular strain of Akreozinsian frightened Ein, who believed that the insect could awake at any moment, the sedatives having already somehow circulated as much as they could.

Slowly, Taggart pushed the cart carrying the spider back into the cage, closing the barred door behind him quickly as the spider's legs began to twitch, along with its fangs. The invertebrate soon found its way to its clawed feet, where it began to screech, banging against the bars angrily like a fly hitting a window. Doctor Ein sighed, pushing his cart with a syringe of the arachnid's blood on it away to his examination and experimentation room.
-

Meanwhile, on another section of the cruiser, a former soldier turned engineer, Paul Gar, worked delicately. His project was far more practical, he thought, than Ein's "stupid living bombs". The two always had short-lived arguments about whose project the higher ups would approve of more. Usually, Ein, providing his research and data, won these petty verbal fights, with Gar saying at one point, "Damn the plague doctor.. damn his evidence!"

But today, Paul could not even dare think about their pettiness with one another. He had to focus on the delicacies of placing this weapon together correctly. If he were to be distracted for one moment, he, and a good chunk of the cruiser, would feel the result of his mistake within seconds, destroying both him and everything he had worked for. Slowly, Gar wired in the fusion reactor he had made with his own hands specifically for this project, nervously flinching as a sudden hum of life echoed through the machine, and a red glow came from its interior.

Paul Gar was ecstatic, proclaiming, "Yes! I did it! Take that, Ein! You plague doctor son of a bitch! Technology wins once again!" Before quickly calming down, covering the incomplete bomb with a tan tarp, before moving to the side of the room as he went down to the mess hall to get whatever slop the chefs were serving today.
Back to top Go down
Infested
Banned
InfestedBanned

Grand Inquisitor

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#2PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread)   A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread) EmptyWed May 17, 2017 2:37 am

A day had past, and Taggart had come closer to his goal. A new spider had been caught. It was large, strong, and heavily armored. A "Kax" is what the soldiers called it. Ein called it a prime specimen. Its hard exoskeleton would make Ein feel much more morally calmer when he chopped off a piece of the chitinous armor with a saw while the creature was unconscious. He threw the armor into a bin; he did not need it. What he did need was in the flesh now open in the wound, as he took another syringe and lightly jabbed it into the exposed muscle, extracting a sickly green fluid with darker globules.

The doctor would then place the Kax back in the cage in which it was contained, the Phe going quiet as the monstrous spider was placed in the cell adjacent to it. It would be a few hours before it woke, but Taggart was happy to have the silence for the time being. He turned a light on and examined some primitive viral strains he had formed over the past few days. Ein took the syringe and dropped a few splotches of the green blood into the dish. He watched as the viruses worked and manipulated themselves into the blood cells, eventually with one out working the others, and becoming the only viral strain on the dish. Taggart smiled; he had done it. The virus had finally adapted to the planet.

The doctor grabbed several other petri dishes, all with viral strain mixes like how they were before the blood addon, placing them into a large freezer, filled with vials filled with a variety of liquids. Taggart hen thought about something as he placed the affected viral dish into the freezer. Paul Gar had not been seen working on his project since yesterday. He was far more social than he was before, even going to the ship's bar more than once that day. Doctor Ein made the connections that Paul had completed his bomb. This made the doctor nervous; if such a device could be completed so quickly, why would a slow biological weapon be needed? Taggart realized what he had to do to keep his pace with Paul, grabbing a wrench and heading towards Gar's quarters.
Back to top Go down
Infested
Banned
InfestedBanned

Grand Inquisitor

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#3PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread)   A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread) EmptySat May 20, 2017 7:50 pm

Paul Gar returned back to his quarters to a shocking statement. His shelves and desk were wrecked, with tools thrown everywhere. He was shocked at the destruction, before flipping the tarp off his weapon prototype, only to find it broken as well, a wrench wedged into its frame after it had been used to smack it to the point of uselessness. Paul took a deep breath. All his work for weeks, an entire month of reclusiveness.. for nothing to show but a broken mess of parts.

Paul Gar began to scrap what he could of the bomb. Luckily, the bomb's fusion battery he had carefully placed inside it the day after was not damaged, packed deep into the prototype's frame. He carefully unwired it, placing it on a table which he began to clear off. All these tasks were extremely hard, as Paul tried to keep from letting rage control him. "The damn doctor did this..." he growled, slamming the scrapped bomb into an airlock next to his room, before watching it float into space, a worthless pile of metal. The soldier swore under his breath, "Ein.. you will pay for this..."
Back to top Go down
Infested
Banned
InfestedBanned

Grand Inquisitor

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#4PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread)   A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread) EmptyWed May 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Ein sat comfortably in his quarters, admiring a petri dish filled with his concoction in the bright lights of the Ship. His work was done for the day, but he did not think so. He had received word that an odd specimen from the space surrounding TK-47 had been captured and was being sent to their research ship. Obviously, they also demanded of Taggart to make a viral strain for this world. It made the man wonder. Is there something on that planet they want dead? Are they invading the planet with extreme force? These questions perforated the doctor's mind, until a soldier burst into the room.

"Doctor Ein," he stated, "Paul Gar would like to speak with you on the observation deck. Immediately, he said." Taggart sighed, rising from his seat and turning to the trooper in a slow fashion. "Tell that oaf I'll be on my way," the Doctor stated, moving to his freezer-room, "I must attend to my projects first. Tell him to expect me within the hour." The soldier nodded, before stepping out of Ein's quarters. Taggart sighed, "These soldiers... too loud. A simple virus is much quieter."
Back to top Go down
Infested
Banned
InfestedBanned

Grand Inquisitor

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Private#5PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread)   A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread) EmptyWed May 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Gar stood, looking out at the planet, as Taggart Ein stepped into the observation deck. They were the only two on the deck, it seemed. "I know it was you," Paul grumbled loudly, "You sick son of a bitch. I get you're scared of my better project, but really?" He turned to Ein with a serious look on his face, "That thing took me a whole damn month to build and you go and wreck it. If the Grand Inquisitors were here now, I'd have already gone down to them and had you executed. But I won't. My father always said that you had to be the better man or you wouldn't get anywhere in life." He held out a hand, "I say we calls it quits, this rivalry. We make amends, stop trying to sabotage one another. How's it sound, Doctor? Are you willing to make a change in the Reich?"

Taggart looked down at Gar's hand for a moment, before back at the man's face. "Alright. Let it be known that today, Doctor Taggart Ein and Engineer Paul Gar vow never to sabotage one another's projects ever again. If done, the entirety of our agreement is nullified." He shook Paul's hand, "I am happy to finally make such an agreement." He said. However, both knew that the other would quickly lose interest in such an agreement. Their project had to be the first done, and they would make sure of it. Both men then walked out of the deck, going in separate directions. They had to get to work...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Private#6PostSubject: Re: A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread)   A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Tale of Two Bombs (dev thread)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1