Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

work makes freedom (AU private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RescueRanger
Level 40
RescueRanger

The pirate queen

Former Moderator
The Imperium
Pirate
Alive

Awards
work makes freedom (AU private) LiSt9Q4 Member of the Month
work makes freedom (AU private) TJPZQB0 Donator

work makes freedom (AU private) Empty
Private#1PostSubject: work makes freedom (AU private)   work makes freedom (AU private) EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 3:04 pm

(this is an alternate universe thread. It's based off an idea me and @Davethehydraking had for an in game roleplay in neverwinter that we ended up not doing because of some assinine in game rule. So here in text is the next best thing, it will have no impact on the rest of the universe or lore)

Stripped from the throne and put in chains, there can be no bigger shift in one's life but yet it has happened to Sylvia Roothearth, heir to the throne of the sun elves now had nothing besides an owner who abused her. Her species, the sun elves was now little more than a slave species after they have so heartlessly been torn out of their home because their agelessnes was viewed as a blight by the opressive human empire and thus their peacefull kingdom was abolished and their species was now treated like cattle. Their public executions were a very common thing on the streets of the otherwise beautifull city of prime. Sylvia herself though wasnt sold off like her kin because of her background. She was viewed as a threat and she could cause the slaves to rebel against their masters so she was kept by a torturer for the first 15 years to be broken. After that the king gifted her to a well performing general who had no interest in keeping a slave and had his brother sell her off on the market.

After being bought and sold for several more years she found herself waking up earlier than usual. She marked every day in captivity and soon found out that she was a slave for 20 years today. It saddened her as she missed her home, the wanderer she fell in love with those many years ago. Would they still be looking for her? What has become of her castle guards, were they still alive. She pondered over these things for a while until her master threw a stone her way. She hasnt been able to sleep well ever since being captured but she got up as fast as her broken body allowed and stood up to face him. "I've good news for you, slave... I've arranged some chores for you outside of this house. The king has asked for disposable troops to clear their wine cellar from undead creatures and since you showed affinity with archery when we attacked i assumed you would be up for a change from personally serving me and being tormented in here." She quietly nodded and was dragged out of the basement and given a second hand low quality ranger outfit in addition to the chains she was not allowed to remove and a shortbow with arrows. "Dont fail me though, or im never letting you out of that basement again. And if you try to run, you'll be sorry for it when i catch you again. The guards know so dont try and guilt trip your way out of here. I expect you back before dark, now go."

She quickly made her way out and took a deep breath. It was not an ugly city, and despite the jeering she heard from some humans she just couldnt understand how people here could be so cruel to a species that caused them no harm.
Back to top Go down
DaveTheHydraKing
Level 21
DaveTheHydraKing

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Private#2PostSubject: Re: work makes freedom (AU private)   work makes freedom (AU private) EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 4:26 pm

She was no saint by any means, many would prefer to call her a spawn of hell, a crook, a murderer. All of which held some truth in them. However, Jessie was not an evil woman. Jessie Red never killed without reason, she never stole for petty needs, she never raised her blade in spite. She knew she deserved punishment, she knew something would eventually catch her, and she told herself that she'd take it with grace. Yet the punishment she got was anything alright. For life to be such a cruel entity to give her the taste of love, only to rip it from her heart with the cruel evil of the devil himself. It broke her, it tore her barriers down, like the great walls of Prime when they fell. It tainted her outlook on the humans, like the poisoned waters of the great city.  It caused her to hide her humanity and compassion like the elven mother's hiding their innocent children.

Yet it did something else, it sparked something inside of her. A sense of revenge, a sense of lust to find her lost love, a blood hungry sense to slaughter her captors, and a sense to rebuild the once great kingdom that fell, oh so many years ago.

--0--

Smoke filled her nostrils, while the sky's grew dark as the sun began to set. Screams of the elven innocents came from all around as the great walls crumbled under the might of the humans. In the midst of it all stood Jessie Red. A pistol resting on her hip, her shoulder cap flapping in the wind weakly, while her mask and hood concealed her face, only allowing her fiery red eyes stare down anyone that opposed her. Her knife cut through anyone as if only air stood in her way. Humans charged her with all their might only to be cut down instantly. Then in the distance, beyond all the fire and chaos, Jessie saw her. The woman she had searched for so long. She saw her begin dragged off, struggling as a rope was placed around her neck. Pulling her off like a wild hound.

She ran like the air, cutting down anyone who dared face her in her rage. However, no hard she tried, her love always seemed too far away, just within arms reach, but never near her. Her feet suddenly became grounded, as if the air suddenly became as hard as steel. No being able to move, a figure spawned in front of her, as her lost love was taken away. The figure moved like fire, and hit like earth, knocking her to the ground. Falling into an endless abyss, the figure and images of her lost love surrounded her. Tainting her. Then as she approached the ground, her eyes widened as she waited for that terrifying...

--0--

Jessie's eyes suddenly shot open, as she fell out of her own bed. With a thud, she found herself tangled in blankets, lying on the ground. With a gruff sigh she pushed herself up. With a groan she stumbled up to her clothing and gadgets. Over the past twenty years she began tinkering. Finding new weapons to use, and new ways to use them. Ever since the attack on Prime, she had abandoned her Scythes, in place for a short sword and knife, and after loosing her revolver in a nasty showdown at a bar, she opted for something a bit more modern. After a few moments of suiting up, she walked over to the desk of the silent house hold and picked up a mask. It was a simple black, wooden mask with two holes for her eyes. Taking it, she packaged it in her bag, only to finally leave her house.

Coming out onto the street she breathed in the musky smell of the air, and exhaled in a puff of annoyance, as a man shoved past her in a hurry. Glarring at the man, she turned around, telling herself not to bother with it. Turning on her heel she flipped up her hood only to march onwards. In all honestly, she had no idea why she was even in this city, or where she was even going for that matter. Perhaps it was just because of her iron will to find her lost love, something that still hadn't been broken, even after all of these years. Marching down the street, she kept her head low, slipping into dark areas where ever she could, just in an attempt to get out of the crowds.

After an hour of just pointlessly wandering around, she soon came onto a peculiar sight. It was a woman, blonde hair, slightly shorter than her dressed in a poorly kept ranger outfit. Jessie would of brushed this off as nothing interesting, if it wasn't for one thing. The girl's ears. The where pointy, a trait elves had, yet it was ludicrous to think an elf was out free, after all they where all enslaved. Jessie was just intrigued, and wanted to know more. Maybe if this elf was free, maybe other's where as well. Perhaps this elf knew where her love was, or maybe, just maybe it was her love. It was a tiny chance, she knew it, but she couldn't just leave it. She needed to know more.

Slipping into the darkness once more, Jessie followed the elf silently, watching over her, just encase something was to happen. Jessie needed to follow the woman until she was away from the humans, that way she could ask questions without herself being taken or looked at suspiciously. 
Back to top Go down
RescueRanger
Level 40
RescueRanger

The pirate queen

Former Moderator
The Imperium
Pirate
Alive

Awards

Private#3PostSubject: Re: work makes freedom (AU private)   work makes freedom (AU private) EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 6:32 pm

Just like other elves that were even allowed outside Sylvia was mocked and shunned, it was difficult to survive in a world where er species was conquered and hated by their owners. Humans threw rocks and yelled insults at her, when she finally reached a more quiet back ally Jessie could hear her sobbing, this was only for a minute as she had to go to the royal castle, on the street though she got another stone flung at her and her hood was knocked off, unmistakably revealing Sylvia's face, with some wounds on her head along with a scar on her cheek. But before Jessie could reach her she she headed inside the castle to do her chore while Jessie was kept outside, until she vowed to help protect the human crown and not return from the cellar until the zombies were cleared out...

By the time Jessie got into the cellar Sylvia was alot deeper already, though she was close to seeing her love again. Sylvia herself was oblivious of Jessie's presence. There were a few punctured bodies laying around in the cellar already belonging to zombies. She was deeper in with her hood off. She clumsily held her bow as the years of abuse have taken their toll on her...
Back to top Go down
DaveTheHydraKing
Level 21
DaveTheHydraKing

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Private#4PostSubject: Re: work makes freedom (AU private)   work makes freedom (AU private) EmptySat Sep 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Jessie kept herself to the shadows as she followed the elf. Her hand twitched for her sword every time she saw a man or woman throw a rock at her. She could of chopped them all down right there and then. Yet she couldn't risk herself getting caught and having knights or guards charge after her. Jessie was quick and deadly, but going up against several knights wouldn't of ended well. When she saw the girl hide in the alley, quietly sobbing to herself, all Jessie wanted to do was jump down and hug her. Sylvia or not, she hated seeing anyone being treated like that. Before she could even run up to the girl, she ran. Sticking to the alley, the elf hid in, she kept to the dark, just watching this elf run out.

Then all her questions were answered. A rock flew through the air, knocking off her hood. It was undoubtable Sylvia. Her eyes quickly scanned for the person who threw that rock. She spotted him, and anger suddenly flared up in her eyes. She waited until Sylvia had gone, and the crowd began to disperse. Climbing on top of a building, she kept her eyes locked on the man. She waited until he passed by an alley way, only to jump down from her perch, landing on his back and dragging him into the darkness. From inside the alleyway, all that was heard was muffled struggling, and the scrapping of metal on stone, followed up by a flash of light. When Jessie left the alleyway, her hood was up, and she was sheathing her blade.

Her next stop was the castle, they didn't dare let her in without a pledge to the king. With a heavy sigh, she followed through, head on heart and all. It was a good thing Jessie didn't keep many promises. Heading into the cellar, she clicked her fingers, summoning a flame. Bringing it down to the palm of her hand, she let it grow, until the fire man the shadows dance. With each step forward, she discovered the bodies of the dead, riddled with bullets. Sylvia's handy work of course.

After a few minuets of travelling deeper and deeper into the cellar, she soon came across her lost love. She seemed so ill and weak. Frail and about to snap. The sight filled her with anger and sadness. Just the way she stood, shaking, and her bow trembling in her hands. It made her mouth go dry, and the fire in her eyes burn with anger. 

Sylvia probably didn't even notice her, taking a step forward, she opened her mouth to say something, but she was cut off by a horrific screech of the undead. With three zombies appearing out of the darkness. One charging at Sylvia and the other two crawling on the ground. With her animal instincts kicking in, Jessie threw the ball of fire she held in her hand directly at running creature. With the undead corpse bursting into flames, Jessie jumped in, swinging her blade straight for the neck of the screaming corpse, and in one swift move, the body fell to the ground headless. Jessie's hood was still up, so her appearance only became known when she sheathed her blade and looked up at Sylvia in complete silence.
Back to top Go down
RescueRanger
Level 40
RescueRanger

The pirate queen

Former Moderator
The Imperium
Pirate
Alive

Awards

Private#5PostSubject: Re: work makes freedom (AU private)   work makes freedom (AU private) EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 2:04 pm

In just 10 minutes of a walk Sylvia has been humiliated and harassed by the humans that took over the city. Elves, not only her but all of them tried to survive in a world that resented them, they had no hope as the humans were too numerous and strong and there was no light or respite in their lives anymore. It was displayed well in the looks on their faces. When Jessie jumped down to kill the man that threw a rock he tried to scream for help, but like their prisoners no one came to help him. He was unarmored and killed rather easily. 

The dungeon was an entiely different atmosphere than the city that was tainted with cruelty, it was quiet and by the looks of it the first time Sylvia was left alone. Her stance was different than years ago when Jessie taught her what she knew about archery. Now she was about to collapse under her own weight, her hands were shaking and one could tell be the shifts in her breathing she was cold. When the zombie charged at her she didnt fight back, she was waiting for it to kill her. It was her only way out of this mess and she let out an annoyed sigh when she saw the zombies drop to her feet, not expecting any further kindness from the newcomer she simply walked deeper into the cellar.

"I would thank you for saving my life... But i no longer value it. You have my thanks but i would be even more gratefull if you could end it quickly. I dont want to go home back to my owner, i cant escape and if i stay here too long my fate will be even more ill than it already is." She said coldly, not even looking at the stranger. It was obvious she didnt recognize who it was and she had lost all hope years ago.
Back to top Go down
DaveTheHydraKing
Level 21
DaveTheHydraKing

Character
The Imperium
Rogue
Alive

Awards

Private#6PostSubject: Re: work makes freedom (AU private)   work makes freedom (AU private) EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 9:36 am

Jessie stood there in complete disbelief, her heart was crushed under the weight of all her worst nightmares. Had Sylvia really forgotten her or had she just given up? Her words chilled her too the bone and Sylvia just asked for death. "Sylvia..." Jessie whispered, her voice already shaking as she realised her worst nightmare. Her lover wanted to die. The amount of misery she had to endure to bring her to this state must of horrific.

"What did they do to you..." Jessie asked, anger and sadness swirling around in the pit of her stomach like a wild storm. Jessie gritted her teeth, trying not to shout out in anger, alerting more unholy creatures was the last thing they needed. They already had enough demons to deal with.

Unable to accept what had became of her lover, Jessie removed her hood and ran up to Sylvia. Her hand latched onto her shoulder and spun her around so Sylvia could face her. For a moment Jessie just looked cold, her face filled with that awful combination of sadness and anger. Yet not even a second later, her face softened up, giving that sad smile. Suddenly, she pressed her lips up against her lover's, holding her their tightly just for a long moment. Her arms cradled her lover, protectively, not wanting any more harm to come to her.

Half an hour had passed, Jessie had stopped kissing her somewhere within that time, she didn't really care when, and for the rest of the time she just held Sylvia, telling her how she was sorry, how she wished she could of been there for her. Only then did she let go of Sylvia.

She wanted to savour the moment, but the dead never waited for the lovers. Looking behind her, Jessie say the two undead from before crawling their way up by the scraping of their nails and the skin of their teeth. Giving an annoyed sigh, Jessie just unsheathed her sword. Walking up to the undead, she threw a kick into it's head, only to cut through the binding it called a neck. The other undead was easy enough as well, as Jessie just repeatedly stomped on it's head, until it was nothing but mush. Only then did she turn back to Sylvia, with tired eyes.
Back to top Go down
RescueRanger
Level 40
RescueRanger

The pirate queen

Former Moderator
The Imperium
Pirate
Alive

Awards

Private#7PostSubject: Re: work makes freedom (AU private)   work makes freedom (AU private) EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 6:15 pm

She kept walking, hoping a shot would ring out or a blade would pierce her hearth soon, instead she heard a voice she didnt think she would hear ever again. She slowly turned around to be met by Jessie suddenly holding her. Soon enough tears were streaming down her face, she was crying loud right next to Jessie's ear. Sylvia years ago was already a pretty light girl, but now she was almost skin and bones. She had barely any muscles left, her arms felt like weak tree branches that were about to snap.

"Y-you dont want to know what they did to me... I was... My- My owner only kept me alive because he wanted me to please and serve him. I dont want to go back but you cant save me.If you care about me, kill me as fast as possible."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Private#8PostSubject: Re: work makes freedom (AU private)   work makes freedom (AU private) Empty

Back to top Go down

work makes freedom (AU private)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1