Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Singularity Collapse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards
Singularity Collapse LiSt9Q4 Member of the Month

Singularity Collapse Empty
Campaign#1PostSubject: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Singularity Collapse C4fcc010

“All war is Deception”-Shu Tzu

19 November 2568.

They come to undo me……”

Energy crackled throughout the snow of the ringed world Helix claimed as it’s core,the system itself was empty besides for the massive snow world and it’s equally snowy moon,it used to be a place lost to mappers throughout the galaxy,it is here Helix hides,it is here where it made it’s stronghold.Using technologies far advanced from anything the galaxy has seen since the Forerunners it was able to hide the system from all scanners,able to hide the sight of the star itself,rendering the entire system undetectable.

But this illusion was undone by the hands of a few petty organics,a team who breached the primary production complex and was able to extract the location of the server hub before Helix could purge the data.

They come…..”

As Helix repeats the words in almost alien binary,the machine superai having advanced far beyond it’s original capacity,it consumed so many and knew the deepest secrets of the galaxy.It hasn’t harvested enough to achieve its final plan….It had to achieve it’s goal.

Helix Central was a fortress contained deep in the snowy plains of the ringed planet,it extended deeper below the earth and contained enough defenses to repel a invasion….But it’s wrong to underestimate organics…..They did after all breach Complex Mito.

They

Machines would activate within the deep underground foundries,using the molten core of the planet Helix made powerful metals to fuel the millions of drones that made up it’s personal guard.12 Million stood ready in silence awaiting the command order from the network.More machines would be made and more would be ready,the billions of corpses Helix collected will serve it’s army,they will be remade…..They will be BETTER.

The superai stirred as new data was relayed to it’s core.

They……….Are Here.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A massive fleet exited hyperspace a few light years away from the snowy planet.

One thousand ships flew in tight formation,led by a coalition of Union and Imperial Admirals who were led by Grand Admiral Kar’Shen,they continued their undaunting drift towards the snowy planet.Inside the war vessels the legions of soldiers were briefed thoroughly by their respective commanders time and time again.Several battleships were repurposed to carry a superweapon the Imperium would deploy to lead the ground assault at the command of the Grand Imperator with the infantry deployments being co-led by Imperators Kresk and Lafeer for the Imperial forces and General Dumont for the Union forces.

The ground assault would consist of around 5 Million boots on the ground with armour support alongside the one thousand ships as air support.

Upon arrival the Grand Admiral was uneasy,it knew that the data the Bane Battalion brought was not unnoticed,Helix knew they would jump to attack...It had pushed its forces to overstretch the allied attack across numerous systems,if the invasion failed the allied forces will not recover and the war will be lost.Yet there was no Helix defensive fleet.

Major power signatures flared across the command bridge,there was no doubt about it that Helix was there…..And it contained power beyond anything the Allied force could comprehend.

“Lord Admiral…..” One of the many green suited ensigns would say tapping on the holo-screen of his panel.

“Approach to planetary orbit estimated in thirty minutes...twelve seconds.”

With a soft voice the Grand Admiral replied. “Good start the countdown.”

All allied channels received the message relayed from the INS Sagess

THIRTY MINUTES UNTIL PLANETFALL….THIRTY MINUTES UNTIL PLANETFALL

For a brief moment there would be a eery peace...One beset by thoughts of the coming events,thoughts of home,family,passion,glory and the fear of death.

It was in this brief moment that the Viscount who against the advisory of the Court attended the invasion,taking up the one responsibility unexpected of him to carry out.”Throughout Varanidae history stories were told of their great warrior kings and queens who clashed sword and claw against their brothers time and time again,when they reached their space age and these traditions became forgotten under the thumb of technology,bureaucrats became the new kings hiding behind meetings,worshiping money and populism instead of honor and glory.These proved the downfall of the old confederacy and the rise of the old Imperium under a warrior king made Emperor.Will history remember Raxus Imar as a bureaucrat or a warrior?”

His servants began to clasp the power armour unto the aged winged lizard.

“Conflict is a double sided blade that cuts deep into everyone involved.The blood soaks into the ground staining the dirt and sands into a crimson that never washes away.The eternal struggle….One for control…..One for understanding...I’ve seen war many times as it came to my homeworld...Burning my settlement and slaughtering my mother and brother….Calling my father to service only to have him perish fighting for a mine….I grew into a galaxy at war…..I still remember the first time I killed a living being…..I was called to service...Conscripted like all the other hatchlings upon the age of 10...Given a weapon and sent to the front….The Confederacy forgot how to wage war,it could not comprehend the deaths caused by their mistakes.I remember that lush field turned to ash,the blood and green oils of the Confederate Conscriptory and the Solsastian War Droids littered the battlefield alongside the sources of the stains.I remember walking through with my plasma rifle,shooting straggling droids trying to flee but as I reached a ditch I found something else.A Solsastian engineer bleeding and pleading as it saw the Varanus hatchling with its stubby horns and misadjusted uniform.I remember her pleading crying that blue liquid from its eye sockets,I wanted to help her….I had a medical kit hanging from my belt,the same kit she pleaded for….She cried out for the pain her leg impaled upon a rod from the shrapnel of our artillery barrage during the opening of the skirmish.I remember the look of the Front-Captain as he walked towards me ordering me to end her life.

Soldiers carry out their orders……

That moment showed me what war was…...I promised myself I would rise to power and never allow this to happen again.As I reached adulthood the Sigma Wars ended and I was given the position of Senator Constable and tasked with managing both the economy of the post war Confederacy and to curb the endless refugees coming to our borders.It was during a rally I met the youngling that would later be crowned Emperor….I became friend to Sagess who dreamed as I did on ending war and suffering...To build utopia...The vision that became the founding ideal of our rebel movement….That movement became the Imperium.

Then we had to flee and our arrival in the milky way was marked.”

The servants clasp the chestplate firm and adjust the looser parts of the armour,wrapping the battle cloth over the wings to give it increased protection.

“History repeated itself as we found ourselves once again faced with the machine….Refugees flooded our border and terror became the waking dream of all of us….Except this time we do not stand alone.”

The servants place the helm upon the viscount’s horned head and it’ clasps into the armour with a hiss of air.

“Today I stand not as Viscount….Today I stand not as Emperor….Today I am one of many soldiers…..Warriors….Citizens….Lives.”

The Viscount took his plasma sword and the war-banner of the Imperium and nodded to his servants in silent understanding gratitude for their service.

He walked to the docking bay where one of the many armies where being briefed.It was here he stood and gave a speech he hoped would rally the hopes of the men and woman involved in the assault.

Several data spheres hovered around the armoured Viscount and broadcasted images across the screens of the fleets.The Viscount was silent and hissed as he breathed a weary sigh.

--------------------------

“My…Friends....Today is the dawn of our greatest battle with the Helix machine….I want you all to forget the coming battle and look around you….Look to your brother and sisters in arms in silence and then think of home…..Think of where you will be after all this,think of your family….Hatchlings exploring the streets of quiet neighborhoods….We are all living breathing beings,some of us more akin to machine or the dead and some from realms far and wide across the s-stars…..Some of you lost loved ones and homes in this conflict….Some of you are here for glory or riches…...Some of you are drafted while others volunteers….The backgrounds….The race…..The class…..All of these trivial concepts of social order….These barriers between each other….All these wither in the face of battle….We all bleed the same…..We all die the same…..It’s what makes us different from them…..We who know loss and weather it day after day…….We who stand up to injustices and strive towards the betterment of ourselves and our kin……..It’s our fruitless searches for the meaning of life and our discovery of new experiences that sets us apart from the machine.We are all different but as one we can reshape the very pillars of this galaxy.I call upon you…..Imperial….Union…..Man….Elf…..Varanus….Dwarf….And countless more….If our races die let the ruins of our civilizations stand as a testament to our resolve….Let our actions this day echo in eternity…..Let us make sure that Helix remembers us all not as a mere bug in it’s path of destruction but as worthy foes who defied it’s warpath!

AND IF WE WIN LET US CARVE THAT MEMORY FOR ALL TO ASPIRE!

------------------------

Cries screamed out across the fleet,this speech it seemed lifted the morale of the troops who now seemed eager to throw themselves to the enemy.

The words rang true…...If they win it will be a testament to all people involved….And if they lost...Helix would not easily forget…..The Viscount hoped as his own taste of battle had grown sour.

---------------------{OOC Message}

{To all who wish to join.-Post once explaining what you have to offer and the post will continue with the stategy for the battle as well as first contact.}

Note that posts are timed for 72 hours and if you do not reply by then the thread continues without you. {You may post again next round}

Plz do not deviate from the post order.
Back to top Go down
Thorn in your side
Level 13
Thorn in your side

Thorn Ironhart

Neutral
Mercenary
Alive

Awards

Campaign#2PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 8:25 pm

"Eye Two squadron lead, Thorn Ironhart reporting.  Six units taking up geosync positions and cloaking with secondary scanning and comm pods going into polar orbits.  Leverian Legion is jumping in on the other side of the system to divert the Helix fleet in five mikes."  Thorn reached up and touched the inside glass of her canopy as she and five others simply disappeared from sensors, the trails of hot plasma marking their positions cutting out as they maneuvered into position.

When all six found themselves in place, the cargo pods jettisoned simultaneously, burning into tight polar orbits with high apoapses, bringing the pods within five hundred meters of their mother ships each 120 minute pass, though a pod was over either pole every twenty minutes.  All of the relevant data was sent towards the Varanus in a laser communications and psionic beam comm, readable by any ship with fey crystal communications and delivering a high resolution global view of what would soon be the battlefield.

"Eye Two Squadron, all ships in position.  GSU warship with Crompton AI on board, remember me?  Try not to make it personal, just a little love for ya.  Though if you want to kill me later, just keep me alive long enough for you to get the chance."
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t2152-thorn-ironhart
General Dumont
Level 10
General Dumont

First Generation Omega Legionnaire

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Soldier
Alive

Awards

Campaign#3PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 10:22 pm

"Status report." Dumont spoke bluntly to the Lieutenant following his side down the ship corridor. He towered over the man by several feet, but they were used to it by now.
"3 million troops at the ready, three assault fleets and two support." The smaller man read from a datapad, ensuring he maintained a straight composure whilst navigating towards the bridge. "The Imperium are leading and in position."
"Understood," Dumont replied, giving a firm nod. "Thank you." He added, not forgetting to show some gratitude. Despite the dire situation the whole galaxy was now in, he felt it was important now more than ever to remind each other of humanity. After all, they were about to go to war with beings that were their polar opposites.

Yet created by one of us. William seemed lost in thought, his mind drifting to wonder where Dan was now. That stopped however as a voice called out.
"General on bridge."
"At ease." Dumont called back, assuming a position in the direct center of the command area. "Announce to our allies that we are ready, inform the Queen Diana too."

It was time to end Helix.
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t2132-general-dumont
Aaron Almis
Level 8
Aaron Almis

The Descendant

Character
Valor Santori
Arcanist
Beta-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
Singularity Collapse DQtpig0 Archaeologist

Campaign#4PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 10:43 pm

"We've come a long way," Aaron started, standing upon the solid circle of rock with a dozen of his fellow Protectors. Among them was Aurora, who he gave a quick glance to before continuing. "Our role as Guardians finally comes to fruition. The Governments of the galaxy moved on Helix, and we must stand beside them and defeat this evil." He stopped, casting his gaze down to Mjolnir in his hand. "Assume positions." The final order, to which the rest of the Protectors would assemble around him, ready for teleportation.

Aaron brought out a small communicator, linked into the main network on Santori so it could broadcast towards the attacking fleet.
"This is Aaron Almis of the Valor Santori High Council. Our Protectors are ready to portal on-world when your forces breach the atmosphere." His hand then lowered, awaiting that reply that would signal their teleportation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t1719-aaron-almis
debrisVirtuoso
Level 5
debrisVirtuoso

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards
Singularity Collapse K2DLTa9 Scholar

Campaign#5PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Rokumi paces back and forth restlessly as she thinks about what sorts of dangers she'd have to face on the new world. It was sort of mind-boggling how all of this works. The other tanuki on their one ship seem to be just as tense as she was. Suddenly being thrusted into a whole new universe where everything they know was stressful on top of them. However, Rokumi faced her squadron and pounded her fist against the standard power armor she was lent. Most of them are equipped with E.I.C rifles and plasma gladii. Rokumi herself, leading the group, was outfitted more generously with Vermass'k power armor, an M'tar-4, and her same old wood-cutting axe, sharpened for the best cutting potential.

"Attention!" Rokumi salutes her squad. "This is our big chance, fellow vivimancers. We are no longer a solidarity kingdom but a planet. I have no idea what threat awaits us, but the Imperium tells us they threaten us all. And we will treat any threat to Kan'in with swift justice!"

The sohei headed over to the communication, trying to send all sorts of signals from her repurposed Imperium ship, branded with Rokumi's name in Kan'in's native language. "This is Rokumi of the tanuki who live on the hermit planet of Kan'in. This small faction of chi-benders extend the offer of our help, no matter how small. We await our command."
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Level 2
Mikhail

Elizabeth Penree

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Soldier
Alive

Awards

Campaign#6PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Elizabeth exited warp space, they limping corpse of a ship that she piloted falling apart. It had been a while since she had been separated from Dumont and the GSU. Wincing a little bit, Elizabeth's hand fell to her side. Several long, jagged scars ran around her torso, underneath her armor. That wasn't the only change though. What had once been her arm, of flesh and blood, was now a metal appendage. Exactly alike in all ways except strength and looks. Flexing the metallic hand, Elizabeth could hear as the tiny motors within whirred about. Damnit... She had made it only a few days ago. It had once been the corpses of several Helix Soldiers, but now it was her arm.

Seeing the Helix home world from her cockpit, Elizabeth's ire began to rise. She had been part of the front lines, but after the 'incident' she had gotten trapped. Well, fighting off an entire planet of Helix soldiers and somehow surviving could technically be called fighting on the front lines. However, none of that mattered now. All she wanted to do was kill the bastards that took her arm.

Switching on the comms, her voice went through to the Serpentum. "Hey Viscount, Sorry about that whole disappearing act. My ship broke down and Helix bastards are probably the least gratious hosts ever. Anyways, I'm here, and you already know what I can do." Rubbing the back of her neck, Elizabeth switched the comms over to Dumont. While never having been on the receiving end of Dumont's ire, Elizabeth would rather it didn't come to that.

"Hey Dumont," Coughing, she immediately fixed herself, "General Dumont, Sir, This is Knight Elizabeth Penree. Reporting in from MIA. Requesting to participate in the upcoming battle." Elizabeth hated having to kiss up to her superiors. Though, the perks far outweighed the negatives in her position. Smiling to herself, despite her frustration, Elizabeth reflected, for a moment, on why she became a Knight in the first place. Sighing, the girl unbuckled herself from her seat. Letting her ragged coat slide off her arms, she walked into the cargo bay of her tiny shuttle. On a stand to the side stood her Knight's armor. 

It looked, for the most part, the same. However, there were some differences. Certain places looked like they had been ripped apart and then pieced back together. The helmet was completely different though. The front of it was completely flat, no features at all. Adorning herself in the well-used armor, Elizabeth sought out her blade. It, too, was chipped in places, no doubt from the bodies of Helix Soldiers. Grimacing again, Elizabeth adjusted the waist of her armor. The injury shouldn't be enough to get her kicked from the battle, and Dumont didn't know about it anyways. 

Attaching her blade to the belt around her waist, Elizabeth ran her hands along the body of her most trusted form of transportation. Damn, that thing was the only reason she was still alive. Taking it off the wall, Elizabeth made sure it was prepped and ready to go. She did, after all, need to be ready to fall on Helix. Finally pulling the blank helmet down over her head, the long locks of Elizabeth's vibrant red hair tumbled out from beneath it. The visor on the inside came to life. Blue lights raced across the screen. Immediately, a HUD opened up. Elizabeth could see everything around her and the helmet had UV and Infrared capabilities.

Returning to the shuttle's cockpit, Elizabeth slumped down in the copilot's seat. Sighing to herself, the woman waited for orders from both the Viscount and Dumont.
Back to top Go down
Nobody
Level 8
Nobody

Commander of The Imperial Scarab Marines

Character
The Imperium
Mercenary
Alive

Awards

Campaign#7PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 4:48 pm

The legion of saluting soldiers, an ocean of highly trained mercenaries and soldier, stood at attention as Altus approached. It was time to ready up and every man here knew it. "At ease Scarabs." The salutes stopped as the Scarab Marines, known as the Blackguard Coalition before they joined the Empire, settled into a casual stance.

Battle plans flickered onto individual monitors and systems across the huge hanger bay and amongst other systems on other ships holding even further troops. " This is Altus Reine, your acting commander of the Imperial Scarab Marines. Today we will being a orbit to ground assault through the use of Crusher Mechsuits. Our ships will attack anti air placements from orbit and assist in our decent. We will be assaulting the heaviest areas with our suits and then moving in on foot as needed. I will personally lead this assault as Scarab Prime. All 4 Scarab Legion Leaders will report directly to tactical. I will be with the 1st Legion assaulting with Scarab Gold Leader and Gold squadron. Remember, this is for all the chips, the whole jackpot, the biscuits and gravy! We do not have the option of failure. The only option we have is to kill anything and everything until we fucking win!!!"

Shouts and cheers rang through the hanger as the Scarab soldiers cheered those commander on. " All you mother fuckers load up and get your asses ready. I want that planet dead. RIGHT THE FUCK NOW. Double time move move move." He said this as he himself made his way to his own personal Crusher. With shouts and yelling in his background, he sent a single message to the other commander. "Scarab Marines are a go. Give the order Viscount and we'll tear this planet a new one."
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t527-altus-reine
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Campaign#8PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyFri Nov 24, 2017 8:11 pm

Allies from across the stars answered the call.

The Allied force was formidable and forged in friendship against a mutual threat.Helix was set upon consuming the galaxy for some strange distorted objective.Some of the elder Varanian commanders compared this war with the Sigma Wars of their past and the similarities in threat and effect.

-----------------

The commanders of the allied forces relayed to the Flagship of the fleet,most of these commanders stood as holograms among the grand admiral who peered alongside his first officer to the large circular holomap in front of him.Forward observation drones where sent and using the data provided by the Eye Two Squadron these drones entered the orbit of the battlefield and began to scour the field….Without warning these drones lost connection to the fleet as they were shot down by Helix Fighter patrols.Helix knew of their arrival yet they lacked a defensive fleet or orbital cannons….It was unprepared.

The strategy was simple…..The Grand Imperator relayed the ground operation his hologram pointing to the fields creating visual representations of the allied forces like some sort of hologame.The 3rd Legion led by Imperator Kresk would deploy as a vanguard to secure a beachfront for our dropships,there are several valleys in the snowy wastes flat enough to provide as temporary landing zones.The rest of the field was a mess of hills and ice all coated in thick snow,there was a constant energy signature from the planet which means that Helix probably constructed most of its facilities underground.This confirms the purpose of several fortified gates at the base of mountains surrounding the valley,they were entrances to this underground complex.

The allied forces would land in the centre of the valley surrounded by these entrances,without a beachhead they would easily be overwhelmed but controlling the centre of the valley allows them to strike in any direction and fall back to reinforce failing assaults.We need to stretch Helix like it does to us,limiting its movement.The Grand Imperator continued explaining.

“Once we have established this beachhead we will deploy the bulk of our forces,among them would be the 1st Legion which I will command through our Imperos Siege Walker.” He swiped over the map revealing a large walker hologram. “The Siege walker will act as our hammer to push towards the Helix Command Centre located here.” He points to the lone tower built into a hill to the North-east of the Valley,the attack will begin following a orbital bombardment of the fleet,this bombardment will be aimed at destroying some of the Helix outposts in the valley as well as to create craters that will be cover for our infantry.The 2nd Legion led by Imperator Lafeer will cover the 1st Legion flank.The GSU will reinforce the push while their stronger Omega Legionaries will move to rapidly attack objectives that would hinder our advance as well as carry out objectives of their own.”

“If we breach this central tower we can crush Helix,the tower itself is heavily shielded with some sort of bubble shield around a radius of 20 kilometers,we need to enter the bubble before we can begin to lay siege on the tower.We do not know how many Helix forces are involved…...The Bane Battalion will infiltrate the enemy lines with their ship one hour after our attack begins.

Silent nods and the briefing was concluded.The Admiral began to give the order for the Imperial battleships to enter broadside formation.

Meanwhile on the retrofitted battleship converted into a carrier vessel for the Imperos the Imperial forces began to ready the walker for deployment,the 100 meter walker was retracted in a position that allowed it to rest in the large hangar,a symbol of Varanus engineering,Imperial innovation and the Legion’s firepower as the walker carried two Higra railguns the very same weapons used by the Imperium’s battleships,two arc cannons that fired lighting blasts that would disrupt the formations of Helix machines,two multi purpose rocket launchers with varied warheads,most on this unit where high explosive shells and rockets that would be used to pierce the Helix base.Six D’onn mortars lined the head of the walker,these would constantly rain down mortar shells as the allies advanced and finally a experimental tectonic laser that on paper was supposed to cut through all but the most armoured and shielded ships.This laser will be kept in reserve as it drained far too much of the walker’s energy supply.The massive walker contained a command centre where the Grand Imperator would direct the assault,the clinic aboard the walker would also act as a temporary field hospital to keep the army mobile without sacrificing wounded.The high Ion impact shields would absorb the fire given by the heaviest Helix machines,that was the purpose of this bombastic assault…..This was to appear desperate while the Bane Battalion infiltrated Helix Central,if they failed then the Grand Imperator truly hoped the assault reaches the Central command centre for them to unleash the walker’s weaponry.

The Imperial engineer team working on the walker saluted upon the sight of the Grand Imperator and his aide,they entered the walker loving through its narrow corridors towards the command deck.Here they began to run diagnostics awaiting the start of the ground assault.

---------------------------------

After twenty minutes the ships where lined in a broadside formation above the white orb,the Grand Admiral gave the order and the ships aligned simultaneously 45 degrees to the side allowing the fixed guns and the main rotating cannons to aim upon the valley.For a few seconds there was a strained silence...Then the roar began. “FIRE…KORKATAR!” the Grand Admiral hissed and for the next 3 minutes every ship that had weapons capable of bombardment shook,unleashing a rain of shells that speeded towards the planet,every few seconds flashes of flame would dance across the part of the planet the fleet faced.The sound of the guns echoed across the firing ships,a sound silent in space and to those who watched in the transports at the almost rhythmic fire of the bombardment.

After the three minutes the Grand Admiral roared the order to mobilize,several frigates broke off from the formation flying towards the planet followed by the first wave of transports containing the Third Legion…

For the next few minutes radio silence from the third legion as it disappeared into the planet’s atmosphere flying towards the dim orange light among the otherwise clear white of the planet’s snow.

--------------------------------

The landing was rough,the frigates engaged with Helix Aerospace patrols almost as soon as they entered the thermosphere,some bit at the transports taking one or two down in hit and run attacks but it did little to stop the landing.Upon landing the dropship doors opened for the Varanian Legionairres clad in their shielded power armour began taking cover and formations using their railguns and kinetic weaponry to engage the small pockets of Helix infantry and light walker mechs that fired explosive machine gun rounds.Despite the third legion losing ⅓ of its force in the first 14 minutes they secured the central dropzone and Imperator Kresk battered and bleeding activated the beacon and turned back to hold the line.

The Ground assault begins.

-------------------------------

Helix reacted quickly….These pesky organics and their allies making a mess of it’s backyard….Helix fancied this isolated world….It loved the cold valley of snow...So barren and lifeless….These organics……..

Helix unaware of the allies actual plan deployed its forces to engage the troops landing in the centre of the valley.Helix found their desperate assault amusing and relished the results it calculated……

This assault will be over by dawn…..

Meanwhile the Helix infantry,thin drones given humanoid form and weaponry modeled after the GSU and their explosive rounds fired upon the allied forces,even while the main force landed it seemed the attacks from these drones would never stop as they appeared out from the misty smoke in waves upon waves.

-----------------------------------------

{To all participants}

The thread is broken into three sections and later might break up into four as new objectives are provided.

A special section will be proved to the Anti Helix team guys but only after the Imperos has landed.

Current combat sections and objectives

{Valley dropsite}-Fight in the bloodied snows alongside the ground assault and defend the dropsite until the Imperos Siege walker is deployed for the advance to begin.

{Valley skies}-Helix fighters maintain air superiority,aid allied fighters to secure the skies while keeping the vultures away from the undefended transports.

{Valley server hubs}-Several server hubs are scattered across the valley,raider teams need to destroy these to disrupt the Helix counter-attack,move fast and strike before Helix troops can react.Fall back to aid the dropsite defenders upon completion of this task.

State where you will provide aid. {More freedom in how to engage will be provided as the advance begins}

Plz respect the post order.

Unless otherwise stated expect a new reply every 72 hours regardless if you posted or not. {Some exceptions can be made}
Back to top Go down
Thorn in your side
Level 13
Thorn in your side

Thorn Ironhart

Neutral
Mercenary
Alive

Awards

Campaign#9PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 6:59 am

"Stealthed fighter sign detected.  All scanning ships, switch to electron motion mapping, Tag anything that doesn't have a known friendly IFF as hostile."  Jonas spoke up from within Melanie's cockpit, all six of the ships restabilizing their orbits to meet near the area of operation.  It would take mere instants for the scan detail to become precise enough to detect the electricity of a human brain at this orbit.

"Also continue with radar and laser mapping.  I don't want a fly sneezing down there without the allied ships knowing about it,"  Thorn replied, touching the screen gently to switch over her scanning mode.  "And I don't want someone lighting a cigarette with magic.  Not without us seeing it.  Marking targets, now."

The skies above the valley would be mapped and marked in vivid detail, seeing the battlefield in detail too precise for any one ship to take all of the information, so it was routed in layers, each team getting the data they needed and filtering out anything that wasn't needed for that portion.
Back to top Go down
General Dumont
Level 10
General Dumont

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Soldier
Alive

Awards

Campaign#10PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 2:32 pm

"Battle plans received General," The Lieutenant called across the bridge. "Orders?"
"Commence atmospheric entry, align so that we break the clouds at the same time in order to spread their fire." Dumont decided within seconds, commanding the crew before turning to leave the bridge. "As usual I will be joining the ground team. Lieutenant take command."
"Yes sir." He replied, stepping up to the command area as the heavy footsteps faded away down the corridors.

By the time William reached the hangars, the GSU ships were approaching the atmosphere. Their equally-aligned fleet, came in further to the left than their allies, shields and weapons primed for the hazardous entry ahead. Already the millions of infantry were readying their dropships, with hangar doors beginning to open in preparation. 

"Legionnaires ready sir." One of the Omega soldiers performed a tight salute upon seeing Dumont enter, the rest of their multiple squads spread across the special-forces hangar; interestingly without any dropships. "Prepare for hard insertion. My squad will land on the ridges of the valley and strike HELIX from within, whilst the rest bolster the landing forces within the valley itself."

There was no time wasted in following orders. By now the ships had breached the clouds and begun to receive fire from ground defenses and aerial combatants. The first deployments from the GSU were their own fighters, bombers and several corvettes to provide support. These flew out wide and sparsely to cover the skies, the smaller crafts partnering up to perform pincer movements on enemy fighters. This fast assault allowed the dropships to come next, hundreds of them swarming out like bees from a nest. They took quick, low turns to skim the surface; avoiding anti-air supports that were designed to aim straight up.

Within minutes the allied dropsite was now bolstered by several million GSU infantry troops, swiftly arranging themselves into their regiments and specialties. The majority were Elite Commandos boasting the latest standard infantry armour and weapons, with only a small minority being lesser-equipped troopers who acted as Engineers or Ammo-Bearers. One of the support cruisers made its way steadily over the valley aswell, providing extra logistics and atmospheric support where needed to keep bombers off the ground.

Dumont and his squad stood ready by the edge of the open hangar doors, fully suited and geared for their insertion. They looked down, examining the sky and surface both filled with gunfire and explosions. The fighting had already begun thick and fast; there was no time to wait around. On his signal Dumont stepped off the edge, followed within a second by his comrades. They accelerated down towards the surface, their suit shields maximising to guard them from the heated entry. In the sky they looked like meteors gathering up energy to slam down into the ground, if not for their thrusters that kicked in right before landing.

Their decent slowed just enough for their survival, yet their entry was not unannounced. Large thuds shook the ground, whilst the Legionnaire's boots crushed the HELIX soldiers beneath them. They now stood at the peak of the valley, amidst countless lines of robotic riflemen and marksmen. A few seconds passed while the whole squad landed in a crouch, slowly standing to observe their surroundings. The expressionless machines stared back, their processors calculating the best course of action against this unexpected appearance.

Then all hell broke loose.
Back to top Go down
Aaron Almis
Level 8
Aaron Almis

The Descendant

Character
Valor Santori
Arcanist
Beta-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Campaign#11PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 2:41 pm

Aaron listened intently to the orders coming through, before relaying the important parts for them to his associates. 
"Okay, we're going to be hitting server locations around the planet. Perfect for our fast moving abilities." He nodded, now even more confident they were capable of pulling their weight in this battle. "Follow my energy, we're going to drop behind their lines to the first facility." His hand raised, on it bore a ring with the infinity symbol etched on. Placed over it was his other hand, channeling the magic within to focus on where he wanted to go. Soon enough the Santori temple disappeared, replaced by a vortex only for a few seconds. 

The other side became clear within seconds. Snow-touched outcrops of rock, overlooking a tight cluster of metal structures and buildings. Spires and towers rose from within the compound, each adorned with satellites and beacons of atleast some importance.
"Here we are," He gestured over the edge of the rock once the others arrived behind him. "Let's do this quick. Spread out to avoid explosives, remember to use your shields. Come on." Aaron scanned the group, before moving over the rock and, half-crouched, began moving to the edge of the facility. 

The group remained undetected the very outer wall, where Aaron raised a hand to stop about 10 meters out. With Mjolnir in his hand he examined the metal plating between them and the inside, deciding to turn to Aurora.
"Aurora, make us an entrance please." He nodded, unsure whether she had done something like this before, but sure she could do it. Her bow was powerful, and she had trained hard with both magic and marksmanship. A combination of the two with enough energy could blow them a big enough hole for entering the compound.

"Once she fires, we charge." Aaron gestured with his weapon hand for everyone to fan out and prepare to enter.
Back to top Go down
debrisVirtuoso
Level 5
debrisVirtuoso

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Campaign#12PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 2:43 pm

Although the tiny star ship of Kan'in were mostly ignored due to its insignificant appearance, it was still damaged hard from what little damage it sustained. The tanuki was scared straight due to the the introduction of explosive rounds to warfare. Guns alone were a big leap in technology for them but now miniature bombs that can be shot of guns? That was something to be scared. The fire vivimancers tried to use their control over fire to clear a path but it's too weak.

That did not stop Rokumi, who used the window to fake an invasion. Using built up solar chi from sunbathing on the trip to Helix, she lets lose what seems to be a swarm of butterflies, scattering about to the wind and headed towards the defending forces. Their shape would warp and twist around the projectiles, as if dodging with supernatural reflexes. 

In the split second, the long-range tanuki fired bullets upon bullets on the unsuspecting robots. The vivimancers of water and earth used the ice and ground around them to construct a large barrier out of the terrain as cover from the oncoming forces. Rokumi started discussing possible tactics they could use to their advantage against their alien-like enemies, with Rokumi being the only one whose ever been on the receiving end of bullets before. Making it back home victorious had slim chances of coming true.

Last edited by debrisVirtuoso on Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I accidentally the grammar)
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Level 2
Mikhail

Elizabeth Penree

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Soldier
Alive

Awards

Campaign#13PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Elizabeth sighed after receiving the orders from the Viscount. As she had gotten no reply from Dumont, Elizabeth guessed that it wouldn't hurt to join the fray. Setting her ship's comm code to her helmet, Elizabeth ripped out the wires that powered everything but the ship's core, reactors, and navigation systems. Her hands moving like the lightning in her blood, Elizabeth punched in the coordinates for the southernmost Server. "Here goes nothing..." She mumbled under her breath. Gritting her teeth, Elizabeth kicked the ship into action. Slowly at first, but quickly building speed as the planet's own gravity tugged at it, Elizabeth's ship began to descend.

Moving to the back, Elizabeth set her board up nicely at the back of the ship. Its sail open and it engines revved, the board was locked onto the floor of the ship's cargo bay. Turning around, the Half-dragon's wings were spread out. She had done this only one other time, albeit she hadn't been doing it while plummeting down to a planet...

Lightning began to crackle from her fingertips, along her wings, and down her tail. Her 'sight' grew, encompassing the entire vehicle. She could feel every single part of its mass. All the moving engines, the latent wires, all of it. Perfect, a smirk grew on Elizabeth's face. The ship was only about halfway through the atmosphere at this point, far past all the other descending ships. Well, that is what happens when you intend to crash into the planet. "Alright...never thought I'd be crashing on purpose, but hey, first time for everything." Elizabeth was starting to get a bit nervous as the ship continued to pick up speed. Then, letting it all out, Elizabeth's lightning struck the insides of the ships and held. Continuously, over and over, Elizabeth began to supercharge the metal in the ship with electrons. Her breathing becoming a little heavier, like that of someone jogging, Elizabeth looked out the cockpit's window. She was merely 600 feet above the Server now. Taking a deep breath, Elizabeth ripped her lightning around, and set the ships's core to go nuclear. Only seconds now, Elizabeth forced open the ship's cargo door, board in hand, and jumped. Her hair streamed behind her as she fell. Her wings and tail in line with her form. 

Then, curling up in a ball, Elizabeth brought the board underneath her feet. Planting them firmly, the woman made the board grasp her feet. Pulling herself up into a standing position, the board's sail unfurled, Elizabeth set the engines to full speed. Pulling herself out of her rapid descent, the woman booked it as far away from the server as she could. Thankfully, just as the ship hit the server, she had gotten out of the blast radius. The giant EMP grenade of a ship exploded, destroying the server with which it cam into contact. Almost immediately, the electromagnetic pulse of the dying ship put a stop to the Helix soldiers in a mile wide radius. 

Soaring far above the valley, Elizabeth whistled, that was one way to make an entrance. Looking towards the center of the valley, the redheaded woman tugged her board towards it. Setting the engines to 75% she quickly made her way to the intended group site. Now it was time to get some actual orders.
Back to top Go down
Nobody
Level 8
Nobody

Character
The Imperium
Mercenary
Alive

Awards

Campaign#14PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyMon Nov 27, 2017 11:03 pm

" -Checking in!" Altus's comms roared with overlapping check ins and pre-flight chatter. He focused on switching channels, the standalone AI in his cockpit acting on nervous system/brain wave response, and it happened almost instantaneously. His Crusher mech looked just the same as the rest of the Scarab Crushers, a tactic long employed by soldiers to hide the higher ranks among their numbers,  which let him feel more at ease. He always was a little nervous before a big battle but, it was more of a energetic nervousness rather than a scared nervousness. He could feel the shift as the hanger bay doors opened and the auto-takeoff system took off and guided each Crusher out into space where in just a moment gravity would take over and they would enter the planet's atmosphere. 

It was a beautiful sight, the brief moment before the almost unending Legions of Scarab soldiers began their assault, but, it was quickly broken as the planets pull forced the soldiers decent upon the enemy. "All thrusters on, control your fall. I want weapons ready until my mark." Altus commanded as the Scarabs began their decent. Anyone watching from the ground wouldn't be far off if they compared the sight of the mechs entering the atmosphere to shooting stars as it started but, it quickly change to looking as if an entire section of the sky was on fire with the burning friction of mechs penetrating the layers of the sky. 

"Weapons Free! Remember, We need to clear the sky of hostiles and gain air superiority so that the ground teams can kick ass as well. We've got tactical thanks to Eye Two, make good use of it." The sound of the Scarabs weapons began to resound as the assault began. Altus activated his weapons system and began aiming at Helix ships attempting to get to friendly dropships. The familiar boom of his HAMR cannons made him smile as the shots ripped through the enemy ships. " Alright! Lets kick them out of our fucking skies! WE OWN THIS PLACE NOW! TAKE WHATS YOURS! SCARRRAAABBBBSSS WHOOWAH!" His comm exploded with cries of Scarab and Whoowah rang through. He switch his com to semi private, setting it to ground troop frequency. "This is Commander Reine, Callsign- Nobody, If you need your airforces to strike a certain area send a quick beacon of frequency November Four. We will assist as available and more once airspace is clear of assholes. Over." He switched back to resume comms with his squad as the Scarabs fought against the aerial Helix units.
Back to top Go down
Aurora Crow
Level 9
Aurora Crow

The Chosen of Amanir

Developer
Valor Santori
Ranger
Beta-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Campaign#15PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyTue Nov 28, 2017 9:06 pm

The metal of the wall before them stood with imposing strength, protecting the contents of the facility. This was the epicentre of the helix virus that had plagued the universe for months, years even. Aurora turned to Aaron, 
"No problem, I can get this wall down. Everyone needs to step back." With that the group stepped back cautiously, all watching with anticipation as to whether Aurora could fulfil her task. She reached for Amanir from her back and drew an arrow, closing her eyes in order to summon the energy required to blast into such a fortress. Her arms began to glow with the white light of Fey magic, her hands were steady as she made her aim. The blast had to be concentrated in one place or it would never be able to break through the wall. With one energy fused shot her arrow pierced the wall causing it to shudder and crack, the energy pulsing through it like lightning. It was not, however, enough to grant them entrance. She drew another arrow and shot, this time whispering a Fey charm as she did so, the arrow struck almost exactly where her previous arrow had landed causing the metal to burst open like a pipe. 

"That should be enough to get us in. Second try is better than nothing." She rolled her eyes as she looked at Aaron. "Let's go."

She beckoned for the other members of the Santori to advance, as they moved forwards she called, 
"Be on your guards, I will be covering you but these robots are programmed to kill." She remembered for a second her first battle against the drones of the helix virus on Lux Donum, it seemed like so long ago now. 

They moved towards the first building, the crunch of snow underfoot as Aurora scoured the perimeter for enemies. It wasn't long before hostile shots erupted and several of the robots appeared manning the rooftop of the building directly ahead of them. Aurora raised her hands, a barrier forming around the recruits that reverberated several of the blasts. 
"Go for the door!" She shouted to avoid the group becoming disoriented, as they fired magic shots at the robots several fell into the snow and shattered with  the impact. As they reached the door one of the group prised the the lock with his telekinetic powers, a recruit that Aurora had been meaning to learn more about, Kael. Kael threw the lock to the ground and the group advanced, Aurora kept her shield raised high as they entered the darkened depths of the building.

Last edited by Aurora Crow on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t1723-aurora-davenport#10410
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Campaign#16PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyTue Nov 28, 2017 9:39 pm

The vampires stood in groups on many drop ships, checking over their weapons and some toying with their new stealth suits. They had been a gift from the GSU, they were rather tricked out. The stealth suits were a sleek design, a majority of the suit was black although it had different lines running through portions of it that lit up with a blue color. The fabric was lightweight and breathable but tough, good for fighting and could take a punch. Diana flicked her wrist and a small hologram was projected from her wrist, a menu of sorts. There were four different options before her, and she clicked the first. 

She was brought to a screen that had her name at the top, below it was a heart rate monitor and her other current vitals. Flicking her wrist again she was brought back to the menu and clicked the second option, and she frowned just a little at what appeared on the screen. It was her current location, the suit had a tracker in it. That bothered her a little but she supposed it could be reasonable if a solider were injured but they couldn't find where the solider was. 

Diana flicked her wrist once more, and raised a brow as her body promptly disappeared. It had a camouflage feature, a tricked out stealth suit indeed. Another flick of her wrist and she was brought back to the menu screen, Diana clicked on the last option and frowned yet again, this was a data file on her. There were a fair amount of holes in it, probably because she hadn't been as impactful on history as her sister, but there was still a fair amount of information. Diana flicked her wrist once more and shut the projection off, standing up and picking up her staff, twisting the pieces until it disconnected into her twin swords again. 

Diana brought her wrist to her neck, and suddenly the fabric of the suit crawled up the rest of her neck and went over her hair and face. The fabric was still lightweight and breathable, but the only other feature on the outside of the supposed helmet was the eye portion. Once it secured itself on Diana's head tactical data, comms, and other helpful tools became accessible to Diana. The vampires noticed this and hurriedly stopped fiddling with their suits and copied what Diana had done, gathering their weapons and standing behind her. 

A few minutes later they were on the ground and charging into hell.
Back to top Go down
Danihg Zuhn Bagoon
Level 14
Danihg Zuhn Bagoon

The Ordriey Prince

Character
Neutral
Fighter
Alive

Awards

Campaign#17PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 11:21 am

The ordriey bounded through the snowy tundra and swung the blade of his sword wildly screaming, "OH FUCK ya up to high hell! Send you to the realm of Shrakinia to be tortured for eternity myself! I call upon the gods Terrasque! Terrasque! Terrasque! Terrasque shall send the fallen enemy to abyss of Shadows! There shall where Father Duarthi will devour and make certain of their existence is vanquished! Oh brother of Terrasque shall I too call upon Terraneandos to send all hell loose upon the Helix! Goddess Mogahnia shall be satisfied! Quenched thirst of blood and battle and once more the birth of the new shall rise in place of fallen great ones! AND THOSE WHO RISE! SHALL BE THE NEXT GREAT ONES!" Danihg roared and took care to psychotically tear apart a helix soldier and threw one to ground with all his strength his own body could manage in this form. He rammed into another one bruising and cutting himself more. He was alright slightly injured from crashing a stolen starship he so called it as to Borrowing it for something. He threw himself to the ground once blood was spattered upon the whites of this land.

Another person ran up to Danihg's side panting, "My Prince you must get up now! NOW!" It was a humordriey that looked so much like a human elf that it would have been easily excused as such. The only thing that made it possible to him being part odriey was what looked like dark eye circles that pointed sharply down the nose bridge very similarly to that of a cheetah's eye marks. When Danihg didn't get up Kent immediately grabbed and dragged him towards the ship crash. The humordriey grabbed one of Danihg's fusion pistols and shot at a few more of the enemy, "God damnit why the hell would you crash the ship?! We're likely going to get ourselves killed now because of some STUPID CRAZY NITWIT ORDRIEY PRINCE! YOU!"
Back to top Go down
Tsukam'akai
Level 11
Tsukam'akai

Character
Neutral
Alpha-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Campaign#18PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 11:56 pm

The Tsukam'akai arrived to the battle with no great fanfare and without joining in any of the communications systems that the other races had set up. Instead they simply warped in, their fleet lacking any major flagships or great destroyers that the other species seemed to have. Kelleron assessed the tactical map along with Skelk and the other clan leaders from the safety of Tsuka, noting the colossal military might that all of the combined lesser species had brought together to fight against the Helix virus. It was noted by all that they lacked the imposing large ships that others had, and so immediately notes were made for future developments. For now however they had what was required for a series of lightning strikes, their own ships being quite small and nimble instead.

Of the fleet, all that would be visible immediately were the V1 Long-Range Carriers, each packed to the brim with fighters and scouts, they had no escort as no ships were available and had been sent with orders to recover what material they could during the fighting for further processing and research at a later date. At the press of a button from within Malloc'amon the carriers proceeded to a high altitude orbit of the planet, outside of the range of the fighter craft and ground forces the Helix forces were using to defend, each fighter opened wide it's bay doors and released hundreds of small capsules out that would rain down upon the planet. To most it would simply seem the doors had been opened and nothing else, each capsule having been fitted with the Tsukam'akai stealthing systems.

Once the capsules entered the atmosphere of the planet and the war fully they would decompress into stealthed V1 Hunter-Killer Fighters, speeding through the skies on silent wings, the only noise that heralded their arrival being the great whoosh as air-air rocket pods chewed relentlessly into the Helix air forces seeking to gain aerial superiority over the battle. Unending clangs of metal would announce the existance of the rapidly spinning chainguns, swivelling across the craft to deflect as many threats as was possible while providing another for any hostile craft that got too close, and to finish it all off the solitary ground focussed armament would fire the occasional missile downwards into clumps of Helix forces. The main focus of all the fighters was to fight back the helix air forces and that was where all of their armaments were focussed, the stealthing technology making it just that much difficult for the hostiles to fight back as they'd have to find the Tsukam ships first.

Throughout it all no contact would be made with the lesser species, it was assumed that they wouldn't be so stupid as to attack a fleet that was quite clearly helping them, and the Tsukam didn't wish to dirty themselves by collaborating with those so far beneath them. Of all those present only those who had initiated the combat seemed even close to worthy of acknowledgement, the Imperium having impressed Skelk with their military and Kelleron with their large highly developed ships. For both it was a look at the future that they hoped to achieve once they had time to develop further, for now however the helix was their main enemy.
Back to top Go down
X-Calibur
Level 39
X-Calibur

The Exiled Gurand

The Imperium
Officer
Alive

Awards

Campaign#19PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 1:50 pm

Using the data provided by the Eye the allied forces were able to maintain a solid defense against Helix’s relentless assault.

Troops were sent to bolster every front Helix sought to breach,the eye’s data was far better than the limited data provided during the briefing,alongside the limited but effective air support provided by the Imperial Scarabs,a new elite force commanded by Commander Reine,the mercenary captain who quickly became a vital part of the Imperial offensive.

Unidentified ships also entered the battle as some form of fighters engaged Helix alongside the Scarabs and Allied aerospace fighters,allied commanders would not question the allegiance of these ships and their origin for it seemed they came to the aid of the aerospace force.

--}Landing Zone

The landing zone became a maelstrom of bullets,blood and screams.

The craters created by the orbital bombardment was the only cover between the open snow and the few outcroppings of rock scattered between it all.

Despite millions of allied troops both Union and Imperial stretched across that 300 Km crater that acted as the dropzone it was still a hard battle to hold the line.Helix constantly scoured for weak links in the defense and no side of the defense line would find rest in the unending attacks of the armoured androids. Dropships would land filled with troops fresh and willing to battle and leave with the wounded and dying clawing for life and comfort. The Varanus Legionnaires would stand in the face of enemy fire,using the bubble-like impact shielding of their power armour to take hits meant for the unarmoured conscripts of the Imperium.Troops that draw men and woman,man and beast from the ranks of the many refugees affected by Helix,they lacked the equipment or training of the Legion or even the Expeditionary Marine Corps acting solely on the hope of victory and promise of citizenship in the Empire rather than dreams of glory or discipline,no dreams of a restored Imperium.

Luckily the Union did not suffer such loss and their fresh armies provided the manpower needed to hold the line.They provided a support cruiser that immediately took fire from the outer facility cannons that guarded the Helix Tower from direct assault.The blasts of thick energy tore through the shielded hull of the support cruiser causing a rain of debris to litter the ground forces,some got cuts while others were impaled from falling metal.One of the Imperial legates urged the ship to disperse but it was too late as another blast tore the ship in half causing it to crash creating a cloud of ash and snow.Some troops were crushed under the weight of this massive vessel while others scrambled to aid survivors.

Omega Legionnaires had entered the battlefield taking the fight towards Helix at the peak of the valley where Helix lined rows of snipers to pick off medics and officers,as soon as the Union special forces landed a brief silence reached both sides of the peak and then the machines processed their command.They fired….

The landing force had many among their ranks not from the allied military force.From hapless civilians,hardened mercs to religious militant orders,Humans,Elves,Orcs,Angels,Demons,Seraphim,Tanuki,Ordriey and even the undead.All sentient races who were willing to spill blood for their future.

Shadows lingered in the skies as the ashes slowly turned the white skies into grey,soon enough vampires appeared led by Diana Youngblood and they led a deadly assault that broke the Helix advance into a weak point of the crater.Whilst Immortal-made Light shields ensured that the line was held.

Helix’s attacks lost momentum after they lost one of their server hubs,their connection to the main AI weakened and delayed.

With each and every blow Helix was pushed away from the crater,and as the Valor infiltrated the outer facility they forced Helix to divert and divide it’s attention.So many to engage allowed the Imperium to align the INS Kurr’Tor to release its cargo,a massive hunk of metal the size of one of the cruisers fell towards the centre of the crater.

--}The Landing

Fire…….

Fire consumed the hulk of metal as it entered the atmosphere.

Fire expelled from the hulk as it fired thrusters to slow its fall.

All troops were pulled from the centre and told to maintain a 20 km distance from the central radius.The hulk crashed sending dust,sand and snow much like the crashed Union cruiser did.The hulk was red with heat and melted the snow that touched it’s hull,it towered over the soldiers and was even visible from Helix Central that was 45 kilometers away.

The hulk remained lifeless and still with only the dim hum of energy for a few minutes…...And then that hum became thunder.The red metal cooled and stirred as plates moved across it’s frame forming a thick hide on the outstretched limbs of the hulk.The face of the hulk activated to a series of sensor lights that made it appear like a spider.With a hum that echoed across the battlefield the Imperos Siege Walker called the horns of attack.

The massive walker stretched it’s crablike appendages,all four hissed with the sound of hydraulics as it lifted the centre 400 meters into the air.The Walker hissed a mechanical echo as it scanned the battlefield relaying information to the command bridge where the Grand Imperator stood.In a room that resembled that from the battleship’s war room,a team of fifty or so crewmen tapped and oversaw and controlled the Walker on consoles and holograms.The room itself was dimmed red from the light of the walker’s holomap centred in the middle of the room.It showed the valley and many white dots of the allies and even more orange dots of the enemy.

Imperos Walker:

“All systems go ‘Imtera’” Cried one of the ensigns

“Walker weapon systems activated my lord”

“Good,what is the status of the ground force.”

“Holding but battered lord Imperator…”

“Sound the drums of Helix’s demise.”

“Yes lord.”

The Walker hissed once more as it’s weapons systems charged.

“Target all Helix forces within a 20 KM radius,use the Eye’s data and await my command.”

Clicks vibrated across the walker……And fire roared as the turrets heated.

“FIRE”

For a brief moment nothing could be heard as the Walker’s weapon systems drowned out all sound,it echoed through the bones of the ground forces and shook the ground shaking loose snow and causing bullet cases long abandoned to bounce with every salvo.The walker rotated its central structure counterclockwise as it fired volley after volley in a slow but devastating pace.

“KROOOO” “KROOOOO” The cannons would screech with each shot.

The fire of the cannons lighted the the skies that were darkened with ash and smoke causing the walker to appear as a massive being delivering divine punishment through storms unbearable.It’s rail cannons tore the earth,it’s mortars rained steel,it’s arc cannon shot lighting that bounced across the loose formations of Helix androids.It would continue to do so time and time again until the central structure completed a full rotation turning it’s view back towards the Helix Facility,the tower that stood so alone in the barren hills defying the Grand Imperator and the allied army.The walker began it’s slow movement forward.It demanded the death of Helix…..It craved it.

All officers ordered the defense to reform into a offensive and so began a slow advance into the open fields,the infantry and light vehicles tasked with holding off the Helix androids and tanks while the walker curbstomped Helix bunkers and defense turrets.It weathered hits from the Helix base turrets but with every blast,one of the six external energy cells overheated sending a blazing inferno to encompass the battery.If all six batteries were lost the Walker would be forced to lower its shields and expose the command centre to fire.If it falls the invasion is botched….At least that is what Helix thought.

The Imperos Siege Walker was too large to ignore,it drew all attention to the advance of the allied forces and appeared to be a last desperate charge,a gamble to save their petty futures.Helix had not noticed the stealth ship sneaking past the defensive line,landing in an open courtyard that doubled as a sort of loading dock.

--}Anti Helix team

The Bane Battalion was in….And they would deliver the key to what the Viscount and his generals would hope not only end the Helix War but to prevent such catastrophe from ever happening again….The fragment of a much older mind…A gift from the forerunners..None were prepared for what they would encounter inside.They would take this floating orb to the central cortex….That was the order given by the Viscount.

Ahead from their landing point was a set of doors,unguarded and open.

--}Valor

Just a mere 12 kilometers south east on the hillside,the Valor Santori had their forces scour the a facility and what they would find would cause many to question the purpose of Helix.

As Aurora and Kael entered the dark room alongside Aaron and the few Valor recruits the door suddenly closed and a secondary door materialized locking the first in place.A mechanized voice would emotionally say “Breach secured”

The room they were in was nothing more than a steel box with a hallway leading deeper into the depths of the planet.

There were echoing screams coming from the hallway and as the group would traverse to it’s end what they would find is something that would shock lesser men.

Rows as far as the eye can see of boxed pit like prisons filled with civilians,a massive underground facility guarded by Helix androids and converted Flickr who dragged civilians away from their families,leading them to a structure in the centre of the facility.Here is where the the zombie-like ‘Perdita’ would be forged,Helix would convert this organism turning it into a horrific aberration of its logic of life,the civilians would walk out naked,their sexual organs covered by mechanical plates and their chests exposed with cables and coils lighted by a strange sickly green energy.They resembled nothing of the races they once represented.The allies encountered them once and Aurora fought a prototype version on Lux Donum.They seemed different,they were faster and more durable but also more feral and brutish despite being controlled by a AI.

Conversion Process:

This is where Helix pumped it’s troops….It’s converted troops and it was here hundreds of Perditas would line up and begin slow marches through hallways across the facility that led back to the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
General Dumont
Level 10
General Dumont

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Soldier
Alive

Awards

Campaign#20PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 3:32 pm

"Cruiser down! Cruiser down!"
"Reinforce the south perimeter!" 
"Get more clerics down here, now!"
Numerous voices and commands called out through the comms, filling Dumont's right ear as an update to the battle. Even though from up the valley he could see the battlefield and the skies, he had little time to analyse them fully. His team had managed to take most of the HELIX snipers by surprise, but reinforcements were beginning to drop to try and re-secure the valley's edge. The General called out directions where they were filling in the most, with his Legionnaires quickly quelling the groups of metallic soldiers before they could become too overwhelming.

"Cover me!" He called out suddenly, turning his aim away towards the middle of the valley. From where he stood he surveyed the battlefield below, bringing up a holopad on his gauntlet to relay visual orders to the Colonels on the field. 
"Sir, watch out!" One of his team shouted, a second too late.

Dumont turned just at the moment he was caught by a large metal creation, lunging for him and taking a tight grip on his armour. The robot itself wouldn't have enough weight to move the Legionnaire, but the combined factors of momentum and surprise meant Dumont did tip over the edge; sending both General and Robot hurtling down to the bottom of the valley...
Back to top Go down
Aaron Almis
Level 8
Aaron Almis

The Descendant

Character
Valor Santori
Arcanist
Beta-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Campaign#21PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptySat Dec 02, 2017 3:43 pm

"Not exactly what I had in mind." Aaron frowned, inspecting the door that had closed behind them. His attention quickly came to the new door though, leading the others to enter it and cautiously continue down the tunnel. There was no preparing him for the sight they found at the end; the rows of innocent people caged up in preparation for their demise. It sickened him to the core. Swiftly he found cover near the entrance, gesturing for the others to stay low.

"We need to shut this thing down now," He spoke quietly yet urgently. "Prioritise rescuing everyone we can; and destroy that." His main hand outstretched to point at the machine that seemed to transform people. "There's no time to lose." Almost immediately Aaron shot out from cover, launching himself forward to a cluster of Helix guards. Mjolnir swung with great precision, crushing the circuits of each android to dispatch them within seconds. 

His next move was towards the first cage, using his hammer to shatter the lock and his other hand to guide the civilians out.
"Get to the entrance, we have people there waiting for you." He followed their trail back to the entrance, checking on Aurora and the others for a second. His eyes then met two other Santori members. "Prepare a teleportation spell at the entrance, get everyone out we can." They nodded without question and took off to do their duty.

Aaron continued to press on through the facility, freeing civilians as he made his way towards the main machine...
Back to top Go down
debrisVirtuoso
Level 5
debrisVirtuoso

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Campaign#22PostSubject: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptySun Dec 03, 2017 2:52 pm

Rokumi took the time while the other tanuki discussed to catch her breath. They seemed like they had no idea what to do without Rokumi's guidance, more reflecting on their enemy than anything. The clap of her hands woke the waking dreamers up, and everyone snapped to their leader's attention. It was clear that their inspiration for the war lacked motivation, which the tanuki woman was quick to remind them was not just for Kan'in's sake but the entire galaxy. Galaxy was a word new to the Kan'in dictionary. The thought of multiple worlds filling an expanse void was something new to their society, but somehow these few were able to bend to it or at least ignore the consequences of such for now. They were more focused on the enemy at hand.

The sound of ships landing filled their hearts once more with an undying courage and they steadfast held the line against the approaching Helix forces. Although their tech was simplified and power limited to reduce recoil, they were able to hold their own against a new threat for some time. However, something soon changed in their enemies. With the server severed, their actions seemed more sluggish and predictable. Water tanuki were able to turn the ice barriers into a cascade of freezing mist which masked the tanuki's approach. Taking advantage of the delay, the squad learned flaws in both their enemy and the battlefield. It will be useful later, however, as the sounds of machinery landing took all of them by surprise. While the tanuki immediately pointed their boomsticks of safety at the walker, their leader gave them the order to redirect their fire on the walker's real target, the Helix. They joined up with the advancing Imperium troops, which included some more tanuki in their ranks. 

The tanuki were battered but still okay. Their relatively unknown magic and defensive behavior got them this far. However, they couldn't help but look back at the casualties. It was small, but their group was small as well, so it still hurt them in the long run along with demoralizing their troops compared to their more hardened brethren.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail
Level 2
Mikhail

Elizabeth Penree

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Soldier
Alive

Awards

Campaign#23PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 12:55 pm

Elizabeth flew in on the maelstrom before her. Shit! The battle had already started. Alighting behind friendly lines she quickly took course. Connected with GSU comms, Elizabeth pulled up a map of the entire battlefield. Good, there was another Server, to the southeast. Not too terribly far away. Looking up, Elizabeth watched as Dumont went over, some hulking machine clawing at him. Jumping on her board she flew past the surrounding soldiers. The wind whipped at her hair as she flew, following the map provided by the Eye, Elizabeth made her way to the southeast Server. It rose up through the snow like a great silver monolith.

Below her, Helix soldiers moved towards the center of the valley, towards the Serpentum and GSU. For any normal soldier, Elizabeth's actions would be suicide, but she was a Knight. Not to mention, she knew what the hell she was doing. Taking a breath, Elizabeth willed up the lightning in her blood. It came forth, bidden and powerful, coursing down her scales. Forming into shapes, great snakes came into being. Flying around her, they dived. Falling through the metallic bodies of Helix, they fed. 

Coming close to the Server, Elizabeth lighted down upon the snowy ground. Soldiers surrounded her, but they fell, their circuits fried by the snakes. The silver monolith towered above her, its snow capped peak rising high above her. Her lightning began to rumble against the ground, snow evaporating as she went. Running up along the walls of the Server, metal panels began to open up, arcs of blue electricity keeping them in contact. A door formed in the smooth side of the building. A floor stretched out in front of her, lightning jumping from her legs to the ground. Consoles and wires came to life as she entered the building. 

First step: Cut off the Helix Soldiers. Lightning ran up the spine of the Server, ripping it apart, but keeping it together. The building, once clear to the Eye, became an anomaly. It's form obscured from up high, it was its own electrical storm. Electromagnetic waves radiated from its tower, incapacitating the Helix that surrounded it.

Second Step: Say Hi. Cracking her knuckles, Elizabeth stood in the center of the tower. Lightning arced from her body to the surrounding consoles. It coursed through Helix's circuitry, finding its way down to Helix itself. Her mind, her mental awareness melted away as she dove into the circuitry itself. Information, data, 1's and 0's flew past her, travelling to the separate servers. Elizabeth, reaching out, redirected a few. The assaults should lessen now, giving the forces time to recuperate. Instead, she redirected them, sent them behind Helix's door. Both her and Helix would need all the time they could get. Eventually, she alighted upon Helix itself, the mass of consciousness both multiple and singular engulfed her surroundings. Smiling at the ingenuity of it all she made her presence known. Signals flew from her own consciousness, intercepted the AI's. 

"Well, Helix, Want to play?"
Back to top Go down
Thorn in your side
Level 13
Thorn in your side

Thorn Ironhart

Neutral
Mercenary
Alive

Awards

Campaign#24PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 5:33 pm

"Ma'am, I've got a major electrical anomaly--"

"I see it.  Redirect forces to defend that server cluster.  There's a Knight in there playing merry Hell, and I know who it is."  Thorn smiled, glad that Elizabeth was still alive.

"Roger that.  Rerouting recommended attack paths and continuing scans.  Careful, we're cloaked, but there's a chance Helix could still detect us."
Back to top Go down
Nobody
Level 8
Nobody

Character
The Imperium
Mercenary
Alive

Awards

Campaign#25PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 1:34 am

With a resounding boom, another helix mech exploded from being hit with HAMR weaponry. Things were going well with a large majority of drop ships reaching the surface safely. "Push for air superiority gentlemen. We have allied forces in the air as well so male sure to double check transponders and tag. I do not want friendly fire." Altus smiled as his mech grabbed another mech by the head and ripped it off before firing a HAMR round into its chest. The huge imperial walker fell from the sky like a glorious victory bringing asteroid. " Alright, let's get in positions! We've gotta protect the walker. I want any bomber or heavy weapon units put as highest priority for engagement." Altus flew his mech into the airspace above the walker, setting up a defensive perimeter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Campaign#26PostSubject: Re: Singularity Collapse   Singularity Collapse Empty

Back to top Go down

Singularity Collapse

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next