Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

A Familiar Face

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Armageddon
Level 2
Armageddon

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#1PostSubject: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 8:42 pm

(Set a few days after the Battle of Haven)

Armageddon was still. Not a single part of his body moved and his eyes were closed as he was deep in thought. He was inside a massive circular chamber, the walls of which were made of rock stretching far upwards until they ended. There was no ceiling, but a circular opening at the top which let in whatever weather and dim light offered by Oblivion's sky.

Armageddon himself was as he had been when he first arrived in Oblivion, on his knees and both of his arms bound by thick chains that dug into his flesh and latched to the bones. The other end of both chains stretched outwards from each side of his body and were attached to the far walls of the chamber, embedded deep in the thick rocky walls. A large round metallic plate rested on his back, stuck there by spikes that pierced his body and came out from his front. The tips of these spikes were also attached to smaller chains that were embedded into the ground directly underneath him, causing him to be hunched over slightly. These metals were enchanted with thousands of spells, restricting all and any powers he once had to be used.

All in all, he was immobile, and in constant pain. The only mobility he was allowed was to be able to look up and around, but this only caused him more suffering. Thus, he chose to remain quiet and in constant state of meditation, frozen like a statue.
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
A Familiar Face C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End
A Familiar Face DQtpig0 Archaeologist

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#2PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 8:54 pm

Kitty looked like a wayward corpse as she wandered around the barren land of Oblivion, her normally bright blue eyes looking almost grey. Her shirt was partially ripped from where she had plunged the Arclight Blade into her chest to kill Heather, dried blood staining around it. Although she was no longer in danger from the effects of Freelancer's machine, she still did not look healthy. 

She was silent as she wandered, her eyes slowly moving to the circular chamber. Despite her shattered emotional state, she still felt vaguely curious as to what was inside the foreboding chamber. Kitty slowly stalked over to the entrance, her eyes slowly scanning the room. Her dead eyes stopped on Armageddon, taking a step forward into the chamber.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t8-kitty-youngblood
Armageddon
Level 2
Armageddon

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#3PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 8:59 pm

Without looking up, he felt her presence immediately and recognised her essence.
"So you join us at last in this eternal prison, killer of mine." His deep, demonic voice seemed to vibrate the chamber's floor and walls.
A pause.
"A wound to the chest. Ironic," he said still without looking up.
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#4PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 9:04 pm

"Self inflicted." There was no emotion in her voice, no anger or malice, not even sarcasm. Her face was just as dead, and if anything she looked older. 

She walked further into the room, sitting down a few feet in front of the Daemon. Her eyes roamed over the chains, stopping on the spikes for a moment. 

"Does it hurt?"
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Level 2
Armageddon

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#5PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 9:09 pm

"Indeed. Constantly. Though nothing like what I felt at the time of my death."
And there was another pause.
"I sense that grief has overtaken you. Why did you kill yourself?"
His head was still lowered and his eyes still shut.
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#6PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 9:15 pm

"I could say that I had no other choice. But there is no need for lies anymore." She was quieter this time, looking up at the hole in the ceiling. She toyed with the ends of her long red hair, twisting and pulling at the strands. 

"I was being held at knife point, she was behind me. I had a chance and I took it. Although if my emotional state hadn't been compromised I suppose there would have been other ways." She spoke like a robot, the tip of her finger holding a flame like a candle. That fingertip turned white and she let the flame die out.
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Level 2
Armageddon

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#7PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 9:24 pm

"You paraded my heart like a trophy. I felt it from here, from the void within my chest."
The gaping wound in his chest was prevalent, his ruptured rib-cage visible. From within this wound, his heart was indeed missing as it had been for almost six years.
"Even now I feel the pain as the insects experiment on it, trying to educate themselves on our anatomy. Human kind... such a young species and much to learn. Not unlike those from whom you came."

With this, Armageddon raised his head and opened his eyes. A light was emitted onto her face as they glowed a fiery yellow, looking directly at her.
"But you are different, aren't you? From both species but you refuse to associate with either. And you wouldn't hesitate to betray either of your kind. Truly you are unique."
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#8PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 9:35 pm

"I refuse to associate with one or the other because of their behavior." She looked back into his eyes, barely a shadow of the woman he fought years ago. That woman was more degraded than she had been back at that fight. 

"For centuries I watched humans slaughter each other. They try to justify themselves by blaming religion, love, hatred, revenge, greed, anger. It's become apparent to me that they can't nor will they ever change. They will always blindly slaughter each other, the only difference is that the way they do it will evolve." Her tone was colder this time, the only thing hinting at any form of emotion from the walking corpse of a woman. 

"Vampires are no different. We are parasites, a sickness that afflicts our species and others. The only way we survive is if we kill others. In a way that makes us worse than humans, because we have a reason. A selfish bloody reason. Most can stand the idea of murdering people, but those with hearts deteriorate. Like I did. Like I have." She looked down at her hands.

She could still feel centuries of blood staining her tanned palms, whether it was the blood of her first kill or of her last. Screams still echoed in her ears and mind, the coppery scent of blood still burning her nose. Her eyes were still burdened with the vision of burning villages and cities, burdened with burning victims.
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Level 2
Armageddon

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#9PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 9:46 pm

"And yet you still sided against me... at a time when I had planned to restore order. Remove the false prerogative of freedom from the Universe in exchange for a uniform peace under my rule. Tell me, what harm could this have inflicted upon anyone? Only those who'd have opposed this new Universal order would have perished while everyone and everything else would live and prosper freely."

His head lowered slightly.
"Clearly you were mislead by those whom you considered your friends. Had you sided with me, you would certainly have seen the benefits. And you wouldn't be here, rotting in this prison-dimension like I have for the past five years."
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#10PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 9:56 pm

"You sound just as deluded as them. Monarchies do not sit well with humans, they do not particularly sit well with me either." She tilted her head, watching Armageddon. "Freedom is not a false prerogative, the idea of there being uniform peace under a singular rule is." 

She formed her scarred palms into fists, a flicker of emotion in her eyes. Although it quickly died out as fast as it had appeared, starved by the emotional indifference in her soul. "You did not plan to restore order, you planned to raze the Earth and start over." 

She unclenched her fists, drawing shapes in the red dirt ground of Oblivion. "I am not rotting here because of who's side I was or was not on Armageddon, of that I can assure you. I am here by my own sins. Unfortunately I am no different from either of my species, if anything I am worse. I have beaten, murdered, and burned for centuries. My ledger is nothing but red, and I am incapable of wiping it out."
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Level 2
Armageddon

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#11PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 10:10 pm

"Humanity... stands as one of the greatest threats in the galaxy. If not THE greatest threat in the galaxy. If not THE greatest threat in the Universe."

He raised his head again.

"Refusing to eradicate them is a fool's thought. My version of peace is absolute and just. Anything that would have stood in my way would be destroyed quickly. Those who would subject to my rule; no harm would have came to them. You sided with the animals, the parasites, the deluded. And thus you allowed your soul to be tainted."

He then shifted his body, straining against the chains and spikes until he was kneeling almost upright. Blood poured forth from his arms and chest, spilling under him and forming a dark-blue pool underneath him slowly.

"You admit you were in error. You admit you were wrong. But now it is too late for either of us. There are at least two great powers that will soon arrive. And then nothing will be able to stop them. Of this your friends have no knowledge. And it is their ignorance that will destroy them."

The blood continued to poor as a larger amount of it gushed forth like a fountain the wound in his chest, adding more to the pool. Armageddon however, seemed unphased.

"I was merely the beginning of something far bigger. And it is either of these forces that shall induce the imperial peace that I had failed.
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#12PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 10:21 pm

"Legion is still locked away." She almost wanted to smile, she always got a certain satisfaction when she was one step ahead, but the urge quickly faded from her. "Regardless, my soul was already deeply tainted by the time you rose...and fell." 

"I will be honest with you, I highly doubt they will be destroyed." She looked at the blood, dipping a finger in it. She then lit that finger tip on fire, ignoring how her finger slowly started to turn white. The smell of the burning blood wasn't strong but it was disgusting. 

"There is always someone with knowledge, and always someone to step up and fight." She looked over her shoulder, her eyes seemingly searching the barren rock formations of Oblivion that she could see from the doorway. A deep longing ached within her but she swiftly suppressed it, she didn't know if she could handle feeling anything right now. 

"There is also people who refused to be put down," Her lips twitched upwards for a fraction of a moment, as if she knew something he didn't. "Along with that there are times when the death of another gives people motivation to fight."
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Level 2
Armageddon

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#13PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 10:33 pm

"Nothing but feeble talk of hope and false comfort. The Universe is not bound by the laws of morality. It cares not what you think nor what you know. The humans are just one of billions and billions of species that inhabit it. Many came before them and were driven to extinction, the humans are no different. A species that will likely die in it's youth."

He looked up at the ceiling. The upper part of the disc on his back dug into the back of his neck and a small amount of blood began to pour down from either side of it, adding more to the pool.

"Resistance is futile. I will let you take consolation in the falsehood that Legion is forever locked away, but that does not change the truth. True peace will overtake the Universe by might. And no amount of fighting, strength or defiance from any of its species will prevent the happening."

He looked back down at her.

"You of all people, a person who has had a millennium's worth of life, should know that no amount of resistance can prevent the inevitable outcome that is death. For you have seen death on the faces of your friends, family and finally.. here you are."
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#14PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 10:45 pm

"It's true that humanity will most likely die out soon. There was once a time that I feared that I would be the one to watch it all die, to watch everything turn to dust." She picked up some of the red dirt, holding it up and letting it slip through her fingers. 

"I agree that he will not be locked away together, but I disagree that he will not be stopped." A thin smile spread across her face, although it held no emotion. 

She looked straight at Armageddon, the slightest flicker of rage burning in her eyes at the mention of her family. But the flame blew out like a candle. 

"The Universe may not be bound by the laws of morality but it does have laws." Her tone began to harden, her fists slowly forming fists again. "There were always be someone bigger than Legion, badder than Legion. The law of the Universe is that no one is absolute. The law is that a being will always have a weakness, no matter how minuscule. You had one."
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Level 2
Armageddon

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#15PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 10:55 pm

Armageddon's calm expression remained unchanged since the start of the conversation, as did his tone of voice.

"You know nothing of Legion. For even the Celestials struggled against him."

He looked over her shoulder at the entrance through which she came, and then back down at her.

"You are here for eternity. So what do you plan? There are only so many things you can entertain your mind with until it succumbs to insanity. Unless you choose to stay here and meditate like I am. The design of this chamber is well suited for it. For now we are all equal in one thing, which is death. And we are prisoners."
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#16PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 11:03 pm

"There are other things to entertain my mind here, believe it or not I have a friend down here." Her lips twitched again, running a hand through her messy red hair. "My plan is to stay here, with him. With my friend. I am tired of the world above, it has brought me nothing but misery and pain." 

She brought her hand up in front of Armageddon, her entire hand engulfing in flames for a moment before they disappeared in the blink of an eye. Portions of her hand turned white as the fire started, slowly turning tan again as it died out. 

"Although I can not be truly free here as I had hoped," She brought a hand to her forehead, trying to ignore the voice tormenting her mind. "She is louder here, the negative energies here give her more strength than I had anticipated."
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Level 2
Armageddon

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#17PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 11:13 pm

"Corsetta. Indeed, I worked with your counterpart for a time. I plotted to destroy her once my plans saw fruition. And yet she outlived me. Such irony.
There is yet another person here in this dimension who awaits you. Maybe with luck he will find you. Be on the lookout for an old adversary, as I will not name him."

He began to hunch over again.
"Perhaps we shall speak again within days, months, years, centuries or millennia. Or perhaps we will not ever again. Regardless... may luck be with you henceforth. For we are all of us, in eternal seclusion."
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#18PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 11:20 pm

"If you mean my uncle, then I must again disappoint you. My uncle is of no threat to me down here." She then tilted her head again, putting her hands behind her so she could lean back on them. 

"Tell me, what are you? And what exactly is Legion?"
Back to top Go down
Armageddon
Level 2
Armageddon

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#19PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 11:42 pm

"The distance between each galaxy differs from each individual one, however each distance is nonetheless, vast. One galaxy may be further away from another, some may be together in clusters, others may collide to form new galaxies while others are much further away from the rest."

Armageddon was fully hunched over again, he had his head lowered.

"There was once a galaxy that was much more isolated and much more distanced from the other galaxies than any of the others. At the very edge of the Universe bordering between the fabric of reality itself and utter nothingness.

Every galaxy has a certain order to it. From nebulae form stars. Some of these stars attract planets and asteroids. These stars eventually die and form nebulae again and the planets are either dispersed or destroyed. Everything is from dust and to dust in that sense. A harmonious order by which the entire Universe operates."

There was no order in this lone galaxy. There was no concept of harmony. The very laws of the Universe were violated in every way possible. The space-time continuum was being stretched and bent and even snapped in some cases, stars detonated prematurely and numerous black holes fought each other in violent and immense feeding frenzies. Creation popped into and out of existence. Pure chaos. Utter nonsense. Within this immense galaxy, only one planet ever managed to produce life. A form of life that would not have been possible under the same conditions if ever replicated on any other planet in any other part of the Universe. But this was on the very rim, and anything was possible. From this planet, a dominant species emerged. The Daemons, as we came to be known as.
Beings from chaos. And that is precisely what Legion is. Pure and utter chaos. We are chaos incarnate, and he is the living embodiment of it.

A Celestial in his own right, but in violation of everything: Order, Creation, Destruction and Time.
And it is beautiful."
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#20PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 11:58 pm

Kitty fell silent as she processed this information in her brain, Corsetta even quieting for once to stew the Daemon's words over. Then slowly she stood, moving over to one of the chains latched to Armageddon's arms. She stood in the middle of the chain, running a finger on the metal. 

She glanced at Armageddon, hunched over in a pool of his own dark blood. Then she wrapped her hand around the one chain, flames starting to erupt from it. She held her hand there until the metal began to soften, then she yanked it and broke the chain apart. 

"Maybe we will speak again." She give him another thin emotionless smile, walking over to the doorway. 

"See you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Familiar Face Empty
A Familiar Face Empty#21PostSubject: Re: A Familiar Face   A Familiar Face Empty

Back to top Go down

A Familiar Face

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Convergence RP Archive :: Roleplay Archives :: Roleplay Archives-