Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lucifer
Banned
LuciferBanned

Character
Neutral
Dead

Awards

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty
Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty#1PostSubject: Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.   Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 12:59 am

Galactic Union System - GUS 

This is an idea that isn't focused on combat, it's more based on a concept of having each planet/faction join a Union. 
This does not mean every planet made play a player has to join a Union, it just's means you are able to. 
Unions wont even be able to be seen on the galaxy map. It's a base in the galaxy for the Union itself to reside.
Down below is a format for GUS showing a base template of what a Union is and their terms. 

Galactic Union System Format: 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, the following text is an agreement in which two planets/factions wish to join forces or make an alliance. This system will help that process and make it distinct. We will come together as a Union through peace and justice. Through all of the planets you will be seen as a whole from now on. Below is a set of rules you would need to follow in order to make keep this an alliance. Any of these rules that are to be broken may result in combat or rash disagreements. 

1. Do NOT engage in combat with neither planets in a alliance/truce; no matter the issue.
2. Do NOT disrespect the others who your in a alliance/truce with. 
3. Respect the others factions and planets choices.
4. Do NOT assault or engage in combat with specific planets. (Picked By Choice) 
5. Do NOT do anything that will cause members of the other planet to be upset.
6. Do NOT start a battle between other Unions.
7. Respect all other Unions choices.
8. Do NOT break ANY of these rules at all, otherwise it can result in breaking the truce/alliance. 
9. ???
10. ??? 

There are two numbers, both 9 and 10 that do not have anything written on there, you can just ignore those or you can implement your own two rules on there as well. (Optional)

If you plan on making a Union with another planet, please do know that you can make a base in the galaxy for it. Of course you would have to post lore for the development of it. Explain how it was built and where at. 
It'll take 1 thread and 10 posts. 
It shall be posted in the Open Role play section.

Remember, Unions cannot be broken up at all unless rules were broken.
There are two signatures needed in order to make this Union come to be reality. 
Down below, each planet leader/ruler shall write their first name and last name's initial if they wish to join to become a Union.

One Planet's Signature: ________________________          Second Planet's Signature: ________________________ 

Date: ________________________      Union Name: ________________________   

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Galactic Unions:

1. United Galactic Systems Of Lucian 
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???

There will can be ONLY four Unions. 
(Updates to the list will/can happen) 

You're probably wandering if a Union is the same as a faction, that's incorrect though let me tell you why. 

A Union is an organization based off of trust and agreements, so more then two planets can come together as a Union that are trying to make a peace treaty/truce. The planets coming together will need to met the rules expectations in order to stay as a whole. A Union is more vague, it's more rare to have then a faction because factions don't have firm and bound rules to go by. Up to 20 planets can join a Union. 

A faction is an organization based of a peaceful agreement, more then two planets can come together as a faction that are trying to join forces and combine arms. These planets coming together don't have any specific rules to follow, just simple requests.

Once again, this is not a command or exploiting any systems at all. This is just a suggestion that I currently had for the website. If you still feel the need to say a faction is the same as a Union then read this below.
Unions are like the branches of government. 
There's only three. 
They are more widely based on the whole galaxy which means it can have a lot of planets in a single Union.

Factions are less uncommon. 
There are many of them existing.
They are less widely based on the whole galaxy, only two or three planets come together to make one.

If you disagree with all of this which is surely likely to happen then please post down below your reasoning. 
So far it's like this:

Planet(s) ---> Factions ---> Tiers 

After, it would be like this:

Planets ---> Factions ---> Tiers ---> Unions

Note: You don't have to be in a faction to make a Union or join one at all.
Back to top Go down
Defaox
Banned
DefaoxBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty#2PostSubject: Re: Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.   Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 1:42 am

This ruins lore. it's more or less asking everyone the same. it's over complicating things.
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty#3PostSubject: Re: Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.   Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 3:17 am

An idea that isn't focused on combat? Oh joy!

Nvm it's a pile of trash that only restricts something people are already free to do.

Now that we've got the above out of the way, let's move on to the real stuff. Deconstructing your point and explaining why it isn't as great an idea as you think it is. Stop kissing ass and trying to get your rules implemented. If you spend any time in the discord you'll see they've basically become a joke.

What your system appears to be is nothing more than putting a name and system to creating alliances between factions. I'll admit, this is your most rational idea thus far. But this time it's bad not because it's an just awful idea, but because it's an awful idea for a system that basically already exists. A number of factions have already formed alliances with their own terms and exchanged things fairly depending on their terms. Your 10 (sorry, it's 8. You're trying to give us some semblance of freedom. It's a psychological trick that works well with children) rules limit any kind of freedom for these alliances. Besides, writing up a contract like that is unrealistic. Alliances are meant to be fluid, bendable, and made based upon an agreement of two parties. Alliances can be broken off by mutual agreement if the two parties agree, something your system wouldn't allow. Making and maintaining an alliance is not a hard concept to grasp, implementing a system like that would be akin to treating our members like idiotic children with no concept of how to handle themselves. It's almost as if that's what you think of us...

Besides, signatures would just look tacky.

Now, the system would have sounded fairly reasonable if you stopped at your eighth rule. You decided to take it farther, completely degrading your idea to a stupid mess. The very first thing you propose is a limit on how many unions there can be, effectively limiting the number of people who can have an influence in our galaxy. This in concurrence with your above rule which states that Unions would not be able to attack each other would make you immune to attack from another party like the Nypherians, who would certainly create a union if these rules were implemented (spoiler alert, they wont). The whole system so far is unnatural and restrictive, something I will not advocate before. Now, there are two things that put bolts instead of nails in the metaphorical coffin around your suggestion.

1. You propose the Lucian Kingdom as a leader of an alliance, effectively slingshotting yourself into a position of greater power with minimal effort, just like your exploiting our faction system to get to tier III in less than 48 hours.

2. "You're probably wandering if a Union is the same as a faction, that's incorrect though let me tell you why." Oh, so you DO think of us as idiotic children. Good to know. I'm not even going to bother with grammar and spelling errors from the rest of your posts.

Your unions are nothing more than alliances with more rules, something I want to keep at a minimum on this site.

Unions Alliances are when two factions come together and settle on a list of terms and agreements between each side. Sometimes it's simply a sign of friendship and exchange of technology. Other times it's a mutual defense pact with continuous trade included. Unions would make all alliances look the same and boring.

A faction is a government/guild/mercenary group/etc. that has technology and power to affect the galaxy on a great scale as well as a place for people to work together should they choose to do so. A more powerful faction will be one with more player members and more development/lore. The way factions take territory varies from faction to faction. One might prefer to conquer and subjugate the planet's people while others might wish to integrate a planet's people to the greater system. 

This is an explanation of how alliances (an unwritten system) and Factions (a written system) generally work. IC, the Nypherians set terms for your having to conquer planets peacefully because they decided your faction's conquering of Asgard was violent and sadistic. These are merely guidelines and people are free to use them to their tastes. If anyone feels that rules are being exploited or that they are being abused by a faction's power. It can be brought to the staff's attention and we will deal with it on a case by case basis. This is how our site works and I think it works pretty well as-is. Factions are nothing like your Union idea. Your unions are like alliances. If you need more explanation, read below.

People are free to do what they want, whether it be creating their own faction to have fun in, or create agreements with factions/create alliances with them.
The only structure is to make sure no one gets too powerful without proper development. After that, there is no structure or limit, and that's a good thing.
Anyone who wants to forge an alliance can do so without having to go through a shitty, time consuming process.

I have disagreed and made my argument.

There is no real structure to power in the galaxy.

Note: You don't have to do anything if you don't want to. But you are free to create a faction if you wish and forge alliances whether or not you are in a faction.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t227-elias-bishop#1720
Lucifer
Banned
LuciferBanned

Character
Neutral
Dead

Awards

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty#4PostSubject: Re: Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.   Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 4:30 am

-Does huge facepalm- 
I'm tired of you guys. Honestly. 
Idc if thats OOC or not. Like your crappy staff. Always talking crap about my ideas. 
I dont see everyone else trying to give good ideas.
Smh. 
Im quitting.
Like your horrible. 
Always looking down at me, what a bully I swear.
Making memes about me talking bad about me for days. What a mean thing to do.
I thought staff was supposed to be nice.
Back to top Go down
Defaox
Banned
DefaoxBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty#5PostSubject: Re: Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.   Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:32 am

If you can't handle Critics, that's on you. You fast tracked your faction to become one of the big three, in a few days. after the new faction rules, you stopped developing and making ideas to help yourself get stronger with little work.

That's the issue. A lot of people see through this as a way for you to get more powerful. if you want to form unions, then do so at your own terms. with other factions. you don't need to make constant suggestions that hint or state having you be in charge.

Last edited by Defaox on Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End
Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. DQtpig0 Archaeologist
Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. K2DLTa9 Scholar

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty#6PostSubject: Re: Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.   Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:36 am

Lucifer wrote:
If you disagree with all of this which is surely likely to happen then please post down below your reasoning.

*Elias posts reasoning*

Lucifer wrote:
Idc if thats OOC or not. Like your crappy staff. Always talking crap about my ideas. 

Don't ask for feedback and then complain when you get feedback. Elias constructively criticised each part of your idea. Not only do these rules restrict but they also might confused, since you're calling it a Galactic Union System, yet we already have a faction called the Galactic Systems Union.

Anyhow, if you're not willing to take criticism I suggest you stop posting ideas. This time and effort could be better spent writing threads and taking part in the true purpose of this community; writing.

Also: Moved this to "Bugs & Suggestions" where it belongs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t6-dan-almis
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty#7PostSubject: Re: Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.   Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 2:56 pm

You asked me to post my reasoning if I disagreed with your idea, I delivered. I will admit that parts of my response consisted of an unprofessional emotional reaction. But you kinda brought it upon yourself, dude.

As far as I can tell, everyone has been satisfied with the rules we have. Therefore they have not been changed. The structure of your rules would be perfect for a large combat roleplay site. Unfortunately, this is not the place for the rules you wish to have implemented. We have hardly looked down on you and your ideas. We staff take every suggestion into consideration before deciding whether or not to use it. As for the memes... Well. Your precious Sam created the first one (it's pinned in the discord that you never check) after I responded to you q&a thread, the others were made by members and you made no request for them to stop, nor did you make any attempt to communicate with and befriend anyone else on the site. A problem is never solved by sitting on the sidelines.

We staff like to be nice, but our job is to uphold the rules, act with justice, and make sure everyone has a good time. You have made our job difficult with that last part. The staff will not bend over for everyone's whim just to make them happy. Your repeated conflicts with the rules and general roleplay etiquette greatly concerned both us staff and the community alike, so we stepped off the sidelines and took action by implementing rules and systems.

I am truly sorry that you feel upset and attacked due to our community. I cannot speak on behalf of everyone but I believe we did take things farther than we should have. I will not ask you to stay and nor will my words be able to undo everything that has been said in the past, but I would like to apologize that you can't seem to handle some decent constructive criticism, since all you to care about is yourself.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Banned
LuciferBanned

Character
Neutral
Dead

Awards

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty#8PostSubject: Re: Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.   Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:40 pm

I guess you guys don't want villains in your galaxy that will be a challenge. Then have it your way, take down The Lucian Kingdom. Go ahead. Delete what I've created. Since all of you seem to dislike it anyways. That shouldn't be so hard. 

@Elias Bishop
I read the last sentence of your post and gagged. I was about to take your apology seriously but that ruined it. I care about this community on here but no you guys don't care me, I mean just look at my rep there's the living proof. So I guess Sam will have to make another NPC that are villains because no one else are bad guys besides the darkness which is a very slow progressing faction.
Good luck on that (:

Bye now <3 love you all too.
Back to top Go down
Defaox
Banned
DefaoxBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty#9PostSubject: Re: Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.   Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:53 pm

You are delusional if you think this is about having villains. I can easily turn my faction evil.

Have a nice day
Back to top Go down
Aaron-157
Level 13
Aaron-157

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Dead

Awards

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty#10PostSubject: Re: Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.   Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:52 pm

Your ignorance is astounding as ever. 
Perhaps you should reflect upon yourself as a person in terms of behaviour and social etiquette before you try to join another forum.
Peace.
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty#11PostSubject: Re: Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.   Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 6:58 pm

Our members are currently in the process of creating a player-led antagonist faction. Writing a decent story isn't hard, mate.

Since you have asked for your lore and posts to deleted, we will comply. We will wait 24 hours until your lore will be archived. If you wish for this not to happen, please inform us.
Back to top Go down
AzuraSarah
Newcomer
AzuraSarah

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty#12PostSubject: Re: Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.   Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 8:29 pm

You have shown very little regard, respect and care towards fellow community members. You have only been shown what you have shown others.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End
Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. DQtpig0 Archaeologist

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty#13PostSubject: Re: Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.   Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 9:13 pm

Defaox wrote:
I can easily turn my faction evil.
Pls no.

@Lucifer
Frankly I was looking forward to seeing the Lucian Kingdom affect our future events, it's a shame you feel you have to leave because of your OOC posts.
If you're going to join another site please read their rules before posting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t6-dan-almis
Sponsored content

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty#14PostSubject: Re: Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.   Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea. Empty

Back to top Go down

Galactic Union System Idea.... Yes another idea.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1