Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Unpleasantries

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Silas Manfretti
Level 8
Silas Manfretti

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#1PostSubject: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 8:58 pm

Unpleasantries 77017719

Silas stood in the main room of his mansion, Diana and Gavin having just arrived a minute ago. He was staring up at a large painting that was hung up on the wall directly in front of him, with his back toward the two.
"How many times.. how many times have I told you.." He started. "How many times did I ask, that you at least speak to me, before you leave the property!" He exclaimed in anger, turning around to face the two at the same time.
This hadn't been the first time she had snuck off like this, and his patience was wearing thin. He did not have to attract any attention to his settlement, and Diana's constant rebellion against his rules increased his worry more and more.
"Do you even know what would happen if they found out who you are? If they found out what you look like?" He asked her, maintaining his glare.
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#2PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 9:11 pm

Diana got off the couch, her face twitching slightly. There was a slight creaking noise resounding throughout the room, as if the plumbing running through the walls was quietly groaning. Diana's hands were clenched at her side, the only other sign of her anger besides the groaning pipes. Diana was the sibling that knew how to control her anger better than her sister, but only through facial expressions. When Diana was upset her powers tended to have a bit of a mind of their own. 

Diana stomped over to Silas, getting up in his face, the deathly calm mask still settled on her own face.   "And how many times have I told you not to treat me like a child?" The temperature in the room dipped slightly. Diana absolutely despised being treated like a child, Kitty treated her like one constantly. 

"I came here seeking asylum from a friend." Her face twitched again and the groaning grew louder. "Not from a scolding father." 

Diana backed away from Silas, her hands on her hips. "What does it matter if they found out who I looked like? They would probably just assume I am my sister!"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
Unpleasantries C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#3PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 9:12 pm

Gavin looked on, not saying a word.
Back to top Go down
Silas Manfretti
Level 8
Silas Manfretti

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#4PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 9:17 pm

Silas continued to glare at her. Looking to Gavin, and then back.
"Unbelievable.. unbelievable!" He said out loud. "It's not about babysitting you Diana, it's for your own personal safety. You have NO idea what ONI are capable of. And putting your sister in danger isn't much of a justification for you going out. And you actually JOINED the UNSC on their expedition?"

He wore an expression of disbelief as he looked to Gavin.
"And you let this happen? What, after tracking her down and dumping her here for her own safety, you actually TOOK her with you? Man wha-..." He laughed at his perceived ridiculousness of the situation. "What planet am I living on right now?" He said, continuing to laugh softly.
He turned away from the two, walking over to a table on which there were two bottles of wine and two glasses. He picked up the bottle and began to unscrew the cork.
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#5PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 9:27 pm

"My sister is always in danger, it's basically her fetish." Diana spat, folding her arms across her chest. "Don't blame Gavin, I would have come whether he decided he had the power to make me stay or not."  The pipes stopped groaning as Diana began to calm down, her hands no longer clenched into fists. 

"You aren't the most entertaining house mate either Silas. I was bored! Come on we used to have so much fun in the 20's! Now all you do is brood around in that basement like you're Batman."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#6PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 9:29 pm

Gavin finally spoke up.
"I gotta say though Silas, she's kind of right. I mean, she was free to go and do whatever she wanted back in her old house and you don't even let her step out of the mansion without asking her a dozen questions? That's kinda harsh mate."
Back to top Go down
Silas Manfretti
Level 8
Silas Manfretti

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#7PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 9:33 pm

Silas finished pouring himself a glass and took a sip, turning back to the two.
"Gavin, you know as well as I do that those bastards have their eyes on everything! Every single CCTV camera is under their control. And no doubt, the fact that both of you took part on this mission after so many years, did not go unnoticed." He took another sip.

"If they managed to track the two of you back here, it puts all three of us in danger." His head turned to look directly at Diana. "And then you can say goodbye the refuge that I've been giving you, because I'd be just as screwed as you." He took another sip.
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#8PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 9:42 pm

Diana sighed, running a hand through her red hair with exasperation. "You know I wouldn't purposefully set out to get you in trouble Silas." She ran a hand down her face, turning away from Silas. "I just wanted to talk to her."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#9PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 9:44 pm

"And besides," Gavin began to add, slouching on another sofa. "You used to work for the UNSC Army. Didn't you become a Colonel or something? Like... why would they suspect you of all people? I think they'd be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt even if they did have a reason to get suspicious, don'cha think?"
Back to top Go down
Silas Manfretti
Level 8
Silas Manfretti

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#10PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 9:46 pm

Silas paused, and then sighed while shaking his head, breathing out through his nostrils as he swallowed a sip of the wine. He set the glass down on the table.
"You two have been off the grid for a bit. And to be fair, I haven't shared enough with either of you. Especially Diana." He looked at her as he said this.
"But I guess there's no use hiding things now. Not with things getting this bad in the recent weeks.."

He paused again, before walking towards another room.
"Follow me."
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#11PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 9:53 pm

"Oh dear god, don't tell me you actually have been playing Batman." Diana followed after Silas, snagging the bottle of wine on the way. She took a swig, offering it over to Gavin.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#12PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Gavin took the bottle from her hand and took a sip. Satisfied, he decided to take the bottle with him as they both followed Silas.
Back to top Go down
Silas Manfretti
Level 8
Silas Manfretti

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#13PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 10:10 pm

Silas lead them both to another, smaller living room nearer to the back of the house. Not much was visible through the windows here, except the massive hill behind the house that reach upwards. The hill was covered in an abundance of greenery and coupled with the warm sunny weather, the entire scene looked lush and beautiful.

Silas took a right towards the fireplace situated at one end of the small living room. Over the top of it was a shelf, on which there were numerous photos and pictures. Another painting decorated the wall above it. Silas reached to the side of the protruding part of the wall and pressed inwards. A brick shifted and the fireplace itself began to move. The protruding piece of the wall came came out further and slid to the side, revealing a mini elevator. As they all climbed in, the wall resumed its position, covering them up and the elevator began to descend. After just over half a minute, the elevator stopped and opened.

A short dimly-lit hallway extended out in front of them, and Silas walked through it at a quickened pace, not looking back to see if they were following. At the end of the hallway, there was a right turn and another hallway, twice as long stretched forth. By the time they reached the end of it, there was only a large double-blast door in front of them with a control panel situated towards the right of it, embedded in the wall. Silas walked up to it and typed a numerical password. The panel slid inward and was replaced by a blue pad covered in a yellow grid pattern. Silas placed his hand on it, and after a few seconds of scanning, the pad flashed green.
"Access Granted. Welcome, Silas." A robotic voice said, originating from the panel. It slid to the side into the wall and the original control panel slid back into place. The two blast doors slid open and they he walked in with the other two. 

The area was dark, but soon the lights came on, and they were standing atop a small metal platform. On either side was a steep drop to a dark abyss below, however straight ahead was a metal staircase that lead down onto a larger metal platform. Both platforms were lined with white neon lights which lit up the room. The walls and the ceiling of the underground bunker were also metallic in appearance and lined with the same lights. The larger platform featured a circular protrusion which was also made of metal. From either side of the larger platform, there were staircases leading up to two other platforms. 

The one on the right was long and featured a large computer screen, a bunch of desks accompanied by other smaller computer screens and a few chairs. The one on the left was slightly smaller and seemingly devoid of anything on it. Finally, the front of the larger platform seemed to be connected to a bridge that extended outwards into a dark tunnel.

Silas climbed the stairs on the right onto the long platform with computer screens.
"You two coming?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#14PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 10:36 pm

"Holy shit, he is Batman." Diana looked around in slight awe, quietly following after Silas. So this is where he had been disappearing to.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#15PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 11:51 pm

Gavin followed Silas up the steps.
"So... you wanted to show off your batcave or...?"
Back to top Go down
Silas Manfretti
Level 8
Silas Manfretti

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#16PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 11:56 pm

Silas seated himself on a chair that was facing the largest screen that was attached to the wall. He started to tap into sleek keyboard, and the screen turned on to reveal a diagram of a certain type of suit, along with equipment and weapons. He used the cursor to exit these windows and went onto a certain icon on his desktop, double clicking on it and then typing in some commands really fast.

Soon, a database showed up. The top left showed ONI's logo, and the page below it displayed a black background with a slideshow.
"Being a Colonel and in the navy for many years comes with its benefits. No doubt, my network privileges to sensitive material were revoked after I retired, but let's just say I learnt my way around the system. May have taken a few things here and there without asking as well. Can't say it's the most efficient way of accessing a restricted database but.. it'll do for now at least."
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#17PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Diana walked over to Silas, standing beside his chair. Her eyes roamed the screen for a moment, narrowing slightly when she saw the logo of ONI. "But why bother having all this stuff? What is it for?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#18PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Gavin looked at the screen.
"I've seen this before. Me and Kitty accessed this page a while back when we were on the Destiny's Harbinger. It's a list.."
Back to top Go down
Silas Manfretti
Level 8
Silas Manfretti

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#19PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 2:55 pm

"Let's just say I've developed a new hobby." Silas replied to Diana.
He began to type access codes into a large text box overlapping the slideshow.
"And you're right, it is a list. And your accessing it five years ago did not go unnoticed. I'd say you'd rank in their Top 15 at least." Silas said to Gavin as he hit enter and the slideshow started.

Numerous pictures of different supernaturals were shown varying in quality and angle. Some mugshots, others taken from a far distance seeming to have being done so through a scope. Vampires, Werewolves, Demons, Elves, Dwarves, Hybrids... and the list went on. Next to each picture was a small box in which was written the word "Status", underneath which was either "Terminated" or "Roaming" or "Captured". The pictures that were mugshots were typically either "Terminated" or "Captured" and showed signs of injury, while the less clear pictures taken from afar or in the middle of action were "Roaming". 

The majority of these images showed supernaturals that were Terminated.
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#20PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 3:36 pm

"Wait stop." Diana pointed to a girl with seemingly white blonde hair and electric blue eyes. It looked like video from a store surveillance camera. There wasn't a name listed for the girl, but Diana knew who she was. "I know her." Underneath the picture was the status 'Roaming'.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#21PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 8:32 pm

"Looks like your friend's still large." Gavin commented.
"But still a target..." He continued. "I don't see what's so new about this. The only thing that's different is that their list looks like it's gone bigger. Don't see anything new here." He said to Silas.
Back to top Go down
Silas Manfretti
Level 8
Silas Manfretti

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#22PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 8:51 pm

"Were there videos when you last broke into this place?" Silas asked him. As he did so, he typed in some other commands and the window changed. A different slideshow popped up with smaller windows. Each with a "Play" button. The heading of the page was "Confirmed Terminations - Evidence."
Each video had a different name, starting with "001" and so on. Silas clicked on the first video.

The feed showed the perspective of an ODST trooper, who was crouched down in a bush.
"Motion tracker confirms two heat sigs'" whispered another ODST who was crouched with him.
"Must be them" a voice, that of the ODST who was recording with his helmet, replied. "Trackers, what have we got?" He went on.
A voice came in through the radio. "Just as the briefing informed us, two mutts. One's an adult while the other's much smaller. I'm thinking a mother and her child."
"Understood. Immobilise the mother." The first ODST said. Two silenced shots went off, and the howl of a Werewolf.
"Move in! Contain!" The first ODST shouted through the radio. The two ODST's bursted through the bushes into a grassy clearing that was surrounded by a thicket of trees. In the middle of the clearing, a Werewolf was kneeling down on one knee, with its cub at it's side. Other ODSTs bursted through bushes around the Werewolf. Her knee was shattered and she was barely able to support her own weight on the other leg. The cub was on the floor, leading the first ODST, who seemed to be the squad leader, to deduce that the mother had been carrying the child but had dropped him when she was shot.
The wolf snarled at them as they surrounded her, aiming their silenced SMG's at her.
"Nailed the bitch good," an ODST said, emerging from the thicket. He was carrying a silenced Designated Marksman Rifle.
The leader then established contact with the HQ; "Black One to Black Actual. We've secured the targets. One female Werewolf with a child. Should we bring them in?"
The voice on the other end replied: "Negative Black One, command's changed their mind. Get rid of them."
"Understood" the ODST known as Black One replied. He looked back at the female Werewolf, who now held her cub close now. He then looked over to his ODSTs and nodded. They raised their weapons and opened fire. The mother tried her best to shield her child, covering him with her whole body as the bullets pelted and penetrated her thick hide. The continuous barrage of fire caused the werewolf to scream and howl in pain, however the ODSTs did not stop until the howling stopped.
"Alright, the bitch is down" the 'Tracker' ODST that had shot her first, said. "However..."
He walked over and kicked the Werewolf's corpse over. The child was still alive, but shaking - clearly frightened. The ODST aimed his DMR down at the child and shot it straight through the skull. He then walked off.
"Drop an splinter grenade, and get moving." The ODST leader said. One of the ODSTs threw a glowing red and orange object that trailed red energy at the two corpses. The grenade landed on the mother and exploded into orbs of light that floated around the two corpses in a 3D-hexagon formation. Each orb then subsequently exploded and the two corpses disintegrated into ashes.
Back to top Go down
DianaYoungblood
Level 17
DianaYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Character
Galactic Systems Union
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#23PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 9:00 pm

Diana had her hand over her mouth, having gone sheet white. There was horror in her wide blue eyes, affixed to the screen. "Oh my god."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Reeve
Level 21
Gavin Reeve

Character
Neutral
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#24PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 9:17 pm

Gavin's sight was fixated on the screen. He had a look of anger on his face.
"Those bastards... how could they?!" He looked at Silas. "We need to warn them, save them.. anything!"
Back to top Go down
Silas Manfretti
Level 8
Silas Manfretti

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#25PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 9:25 pm

"We both know that's easier said than done, Gavin." Silas replied.
Other videos showed a man with pyrokinesis shooting fireballs at his attackers as he attempted to run away. ODSTs gave pursuit until one of them managed to land a grenade on the man's back. The grenade exploded into a cloud of blue and white, and when it all cleared, the man was frozen in place, covered in ice. The ODSTs finished him off by literally shooting him to pieces.

A girl was cryokinesis was similarly overwhelmed by and torched to death by three ODST flamethrower troops.
"It's not easy when they have so many ways to kill us, so many troops... and control over global surveillance. Not just this planet, but almost every other human colony." He sighed as he removed his hands from the keyboard. He stood up and walked past them, grabbing the bottle from Gavin's hand and opening it while walking down the steps to the large platform.
"Everyday they develop new weapons and tactics, new ways to attack us. New ways to kill us. Along with some sort of.. special weapon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unpleasantries Empty
Unpleasantries Empty#26PostSubject: Re: Unpleasantries   Unpleasantries Empty

Back to top Go down

Unpleasantries

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Convergence RP Archive :: Roleplay Archives :: Roleplay Archives-