Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lucifer
Banned
LuciferBanned

Character
Neutral
Dead

Awards

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty
Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty#1PostSubject: Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas   Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 6:42 am

For this whole time, Convergence RP has not had Faction Based Quests/Events and that concerns me. Reason why is because this website has a lot of opportunities to advance itself and evolve into bigger and greater things but chooses not to. A staff member would have to then implement the ranking system down below for it to key in with Faction Arena. These two ideas go back and forth with each other. Having these in affect would surely increase faction activity and make factions more interesting and unique. I would personally set up the Faction Arena and its rank system but others probably wouldn't trust me with staff powers. Not trying to be OOC but that seems harsh and judgmental because I own a website of my own which prospers under my control that you do not know of. This is not bragging either or coming off as rude, just wanted to show you I know how to work admin controls. 

Link for website: http://trevagamez.wixsite.com/modelingtee

Faction Arena: 

The idea is to go PVP in role playing with other faction members involving just your own to other factions as well, it varies.
Having this set up will no doubt want to make role players/characters on here want to be more involved in factions.
Each Faction Arena can have it's own custom ranks or the one that's below. 
'Faction Arena' would take place inside of your Faction Area.

Faction Arena Ranking System: 

Note: Each rank can go against another, so a Grand Master can match up with a Diamond. It varies. Depending on the win/lost ratio.

Grand Master = 6.00 Win To Lose Ratio
Master = 5.00 Win To Lose Ratio
Diamond = 4.00 Win to Lose Ratio
Platinum = 3.00 Win To Lose Ratio 
Gold = 2.00 Win To Lose Ratio
Silver = 1.00 Win To Lose Ratio
Bronze = 0.00 Win To Lose Ratio

Anything below 0.00 is not rank-able at the moment. 
(Faction Arena Ranking will/can be updated)

Faction Arena Win To Lose Ratio: 

Stats from the Faction Arena would be a thread/topic where you can keep on track how many
loses and how many wins you currently have. You would have to post and edit your W/L ratio each time you enter.
Your Win To Lose ratio in this arena WILL count against you. 
This is just for doing something and being involved with your faction.

All Faction Arena Ratios: Highest To Lowest

6.00 = 0 Losses, 6 Wins
5.00 = 0 Losses, 5 Wins
4.00 = 0 Losses, 4 Wins
3.00 = 0 Losses, 3 Wins
2.00 = 0 Losses, 2 Wins                   
1.00 = 0 Losses, 1 Wins
0.00 = 0 Losses, 0 Wins                       (Arena W/L ratio will vary so if you have 5 Wins, 1 Lose it'll be 4.00)
-1.00 = 1 Losses, 0 Wins                    (You just have to subtract 1.00 every lost, cant go past 6.00 and -6.00) 
-2.00 = 2 Losses, 0 Wins                        (You have to stay at 6.00 if never lost, same way for never won) 
-3.00 = 3 Losses, 0 Wins
-4.00 = 4 Losses, 0 Wins
-5.00 = 5 Losses, 0 Wins
-6.00 = 6 Losses, 0 Wins

Faction Arena is a unique and new type of way for RP'ers on here to battle face to face to increase
their Faction Arena Rank. This can be something all faction members look forward to doing. 
This ranking system is based off of Over Watch, the game. 
Reason why is because it's simple but yet clear and functional.
This can potentially lead to other advances in factions.

Note: If you archive this or deny this, I will probably just try again but with a different idea concerning factions.
No, this is not exploiting the faction system nor did my other idea. 
These are suggestions and ideas, not commands to make these into reality. 
If you really have no one to make all of this and take care of it/control it I can do so. 
Just make me staff and I'll show you what I can do for factions. 
Possibilities are endless.

Explaining Faction Arena: 

Faction's have been around for quite some while now they are important and are key components to the galaxy map. It wouldn't make any sense to have Factions without some kind of ranking system for that. The arena idea is to expand the options you have concerning factions. You are very limited to doing things even when you are in a faction. You can either do three things, RP about and with your faction, do quests with your faction and discuss within your faction. The list of things to do is not very long. The Faction Arena and Rank System for it would surely entertain you more, because then you'll be a low rank at the start and want to higher yourself. You'll want to become a better rank and have a overall better W/L ratio ending up in challenging your skills and character. 

These factions alone aren't enough to satisfy the faction members I assume. Putting these ideas into reality would make factions much more interesting and boom with activity. We could have a sub topic/thread to post and update the top ranking RP'ers within the factions showing stats of yours from W/L ratios to Arena Ranks. 
Back to top Go down
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End
Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas DQtpig0 Archaeologist
Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas K2DLTa9 Scholar

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty#2PostSubject: Re: Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas   Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 7:25 am

Please do not continue asking to be made staff and complaining that you might not be. Owning a wix site with some pictures on does not qualify anyone for forum moderation. 

I'll leave the topic open for member discussion. Remember to take fair criticism.
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t6-dan-almis
Lucifer
Banned
LuciferBanned

Character
Neutral
Dead

Awards

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty#3PostSubject: Re: Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas   Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 8:09 am

Why doesn't it qualify for forum moderation? I've actually been an admin for a forum just recently before I came to Convergence RP. It's the same thing, just creating thread's and headers with descriptions and images. It's not all that complicated in reality, unless your using HTML CCS codes which can probably be used only by you through admin panel. They're also used for other things such as document structures.
Back to top Go down
Defaox
Banned
DefaoxBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty#4PostSubject: Re: Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas   Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 9:21 am

I'm not for this at all. We have many factions / non tier factions. If people don't want to join others, they just make their own. idk, how a "ranking" system is going to change but make it more complicated
Back to top Go down
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty#5PostSubject: Re: Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas   Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 12:19 pm

If all you think we do is create threads and put pretty images in you seriously underappreciate the people who run this site and any other RP site.
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty#6PostSubject: Re: Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas   Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 12:37 pm

"Not trying to be OOC but that seems harsh and judgmental because I own a website of my own which prospers under my control that you do not know of. This is not bragging either or coming off as rude, just wanted to show you I know how to work admin controls."

Actually, saying something like that is exactly like bragging. Your statement of it being not bragging only makes it sound even more like bragging. Also, I clicked on the link to your website. It looks like you made it yesterday, added a .gif background, inserted a bunch of shitty 3D models you probably ripped from somewhere, and contains names of a bunch of seasons and chapters that don't even exist. Please, you're not making a case for yourself here.

As for the faction area. I will say this to everyone who tries to implement numbers and a stupid 'battle' system: This site is NOT a combat roleplay, therefore we will never implement a system that only benefits powergamers and those who play to win. Again, this site is for people who want to write a story. If you want a structured combat roleplay similar to this, I will gladly point you in the direction of sites with a system such as that. Don't try this again, you are attempting to create rules that only benefit yourself rather than actually communicating with the mods and players.

As a matter of fact, we do have a tier system to guage how powerful a faction is on the map. It recently became even more complicated because you exploited the rules and attempted to solo tier V in less than a week without giving any actual development to your faction. Your faction idea will only limit factions to doing quests and shit without giving people any opportunity to come up with their own storyline for their faction. I will say it again and a million times if I need to. Our site is a place for people to CREATE A STORY, not punch each other's throats out with a bunch of math, numbers, and powergaming. These factions alone are plenty to satisfy the players as everyone who wants a faction has one and everyone who wishes to be part of a faction can be in one.

tl;dr your faction idea is an awful, limiting, and structured design that grossly limits what factions will be able to focus on in the future. We are a site of writers, not number crunchers. Your idea is an insult to the modding staff as we have created a just and fair system that was actually pretty nice and relaxed until your actions forced us to restrict them more.

Edit: You 'claim' to be a moderator on another RP site before coming to this one. I think that's bullshit for one main reason: Mod work is a lot more than putting pretty images and writing posts. Sam'anar's words are very accurate for this: You GREATLY underappreciate the work we do since it is a lot more than searching for pictures on the internet and writing posts. Your comment is a great insult to the staff team. Besides, simply asking and trying to 'prove' you're worthy of staff will not earn you a staff position. Your actions have done nothing more than show us you will abuse your powers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t227-elias-bishop#1720
Lucifer
Banned
LuciferBanned

Character
Neutral
Dead

Awards

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty#7PostSubject: Re: Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas   Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 3:46 pm

"you are attempting to create rules that only benefit yourself rather than actually communicating with the mods and players."

How does creating these rules benefit myself? I clearly want to make an impact for this community, something all 
players can look foward to but apparently your too blind to see that and harshly I don't care if you think that comment is OOC because we already have an OOC discussion box. Therefore, making OOC acceptable on this site, otherwise you wouldn't have it all.

"As a matter of fact, we do have a tier system to guage how powerful a faction is on the map. It recently became even more complicated because you exploited the rules and attempted to solo tier V in less than a week without giving any actual development to your faction. Your faction idea will only limit factions to doing quests and shit without giving people any opportunity to come up with their own storyline for their faction. I will say it again and a million times if I need to. Our site is a place for people to CREATE A STORY, not punch each other's throats out with a bunch of math, numbers, and powergaming. These factions alone are plenty to satisfy the players as everyone who wants a faction has one and everyone who wishes to be part of a faction can be in one."

Also, I see you copied right off of what Sam'Anar said and your right about me not appreciating the staff, I only appreciate Sam not much appreciation for the others. They just limit me marginalizing me almost as if they're making me held prisoner. That is what this honestly feels like, I'm being overly judged by Elias to the point wheres hes being rude saying cuss words to me now that actually should be banned censored words through admin panel.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty#8PostSubject: Re: Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas   Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 4:31 pm

This entire thread is OOC. This entire section of the forum is OOC.
Please do not blend IC with OOC. Lucifer is not making these suggestions or comments, you are.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty#9PostSubject: Re: Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas   Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 4:34 pm

Also Im moving these kind of threads to the "Bugs & Suggestions" forum where they belong. Not sure why a Faction idea is in Codex Discussion.
Back to top Go down
Aaron-157
Level 13
Aaron-157

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Dead

Awards

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty#10PostSubject: Re: Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas   Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the post at all?
Or do I need a little more sugar in my system?
Back to top Go down
Defaox
Banned
DefaoxBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty#11PostSubject: Re: Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas   Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 6:10 pm

He is right. This is not a Combat rp. These rules would only benefit powerful factions. This isn't about winning and never will be. It's about making stories.
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty#12PostSubject: Re: Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas   Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 6:25 pm

@Aaron-157

If I read it correctly, the system is based solely around combat. So the strongest faction will always will be the one with the highest win/loss ratio. No lore, no interactions, and no development. Combat only. Lucifer's idea is that the system will make people "make role players/characters on here want to be more involved in factions". I have seen no evidence of roleplayers wishing to become involved in a combat-centered RP. Those members who wish to join factions can easily communicate with the faction owners or create their own. As you know, we implemented a rule that requires factions to have multiple writers to reach higher ranks, thus giving faction owners incentive to seek out members for their faction in order to rank up. In my opinion, combat should only be done for lore reasons rather than for the sake of combat.

@Lucifer

I see you dislike my arguments. Since you only copy/pasted quotes you think you can fight back, I'll have to explain my reasoning for the arguments you think you can fight back with.

"How does creating these rules benefit myself? I clearly want to make an impact for this community, something all 
players can look foward to but apparently your too blind to see that and harshly I don't care if you think that comment is OOC because we already have an OOC discussion box. Therefore, making OOC acceptable on this site, otherwise you wouldn't have it all."

These rules benefit you because they're only concerned with combat. You have said multiple times that you are concerned with being the "best" RPer. Implementing a system like this would create a "winner" in encounters and then create a "best" faction. Which also means people would join factions in order to win rather than create a story. I'll say it again since words can't get through your head: Roleplay is about creating a story with others and having fun, not about winning.

This discussion has been OOC from the beginning, I fail to understand how you think you can use that in your defense. OOC is always acceptable on this site in the appropriate sections.

"Also, I see you copied right off of what Sam'Anar said and your right about me not appreciating the staff, I only appreciate Sam not much appreciation for the others. They just limit me marginalizing me almost as if they're making me held prisoner. That is what this honestly feels like, I'm being overly judged by Elias to the point wheres hes being rude saying cuss words to me now that actually should be banned censored words through admin panel."

We staff are not limiting, marginalizing, or holding you prisoner. You are continuously pressing the boundaries of the rules and trying to implement systems that would chain down player freedom. When we staff members swoop in to explain that you can't do that and why your rules will not be implemented, you claim to be held prisoner. We're trying to help you understand the rules and systems we use here that have been designed to give everyone a good time. I'm sorry you find these rules limiting since all you want to do is win rather than write a story.

I will admit that cussing is unprofessional, but I needed the statements where I did so to stick. Somehow they didn't. I'm sorry you can't see past the use of 'shit' three times in context within a 500 word post and instantly feel attacked by their mere use. It is up to Sam whether or not these words will be censored, though I do not believe I have used these words nearly enough to justify their being censored via the admin panel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t227-elias-bishop#1720
Sponsored content

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty#13PostSubject: Re: Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas   Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Faction Arena and Faction Arena Ranking System Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1