Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

Cheers, To Life and Liberty

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
Cheers, To Life and Liberty C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End
Cheers, To Life and Liberty DQtpig0 Archaeologist

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty
Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#1PostSubject: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 11:19 pm

The bar was rather rowdy tonight, TV's blaring the latest sports game or a recap of the recent USNC award ceremony where Jaya Almis announced the introduction of an academy for supernaturals. The talk in the bar was split the same way, people expressing their worries or racist comments about the supernaturals. "Did you hear that woman?..." "They should kill the lot of them, left unchecked they'll kill us all!" Kitty drowned them out, sitting at the very edge of the bar counter with an empty shot glass in her hand. 

"Idiots." She muttered under her breath, glaring up at the recap on the screen before looking down at the glass. By now this would have to have been her fifth, but she barely felt it, she had a higher tolerance for alcohol than most humans. She waved the bartender down, the man filling up her shot again before scurrying away. He must have recognized her from the recap as well, a majority of the bar goers had and were eyeing her quite obviously. Kitty closed her eyes, blocking out all the other sounds she could hear and focusing on the faint music that was coming from one of the speakers in the bar. 

@KageAcuma
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t8-kitty-youngblood
Xaphan
Level 5
Xaphan

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#2PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 12:48 am

"Y'know, a pretty woman should never be drinking alone." Perhaps the voice would cut through the sounds of complaints all around. Whether it did or simply was ignored didn't truly matter to the man who would casually sit beside @KittyYoungblood. "Barkeep, just a simple whisky for me. One ice cube."

No, Xaphan had no idea what the news was about. More importantly, he didn't care. This world, this time, it was all new. And he had every intention of learning what it was, bit by bit. And here seemed to be a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#3PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 4:40 pm

Kitty placed her full shot glass down on the counter, her blue eyes flicking over to the stranger. Her eyebrow raised, slight confusion reflecting on her tanned face. Either he was very brave, or simply didn't know who she was. She was hoping for the second, she had grown rather annoyed with the stares and ignorant whispers of everyone else. 

Her lips twitched upward in a slight smirk, she was bored so why not talk to the stranger, "Is that a warning or a compliment?"
Back to top Go down
Xaphan
Level 5
Xaphan

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#4PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 2:15 am

"Certainly not a warning. But not so much a compliment either. Beautiful woman should always have at least one admirer trying to work up the courage to even introduce themselves." His brown gaze glanced over to the woman to offer a wink. His drink was given to him by this point, and he lifted up the amber liquor to take a sip.

Ah, the burning sensation. It had been.. Well, yeah. A long time. He'd probably use that line for a number of things in his first days above ground.

"My name is Xaphan, what is yours?"

@KittyYoungblood
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#5PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 2:45 am

The slight smirk was replaced with a small smile, chuckling at the wink. She downed her shot, placing the glass back on the bar counter and twirling it around with her finger. She turned her head to fully look at the stranger, her eyes scanning him curiously before looking up at his face again. There was an amused twinkle in her blue eyes, a red curl falling in her face. 

"Kittiana, although my friends call me Kitty."
Back to top Go down
Xaphan
Level 5
Xaphan

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#6PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:04 am

"Well, Kitty," Not to be outdone, Xaphan downed his own drink, setting the glance down with a small thud. "Let me buy you a drink." A nod of his head to the barkeep was all that was needed. He stepped right over to pour both @KittyYoungblood and himself a drink.

Once the glasses were refilled the angel pulled up his glass. "So," he took a sip. "Why is it you find yourself alone this night?"
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#7PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:19 am

Kitty raised an eyebrow pulling up her own glass and taking a short sip, tilting her head to the side slightly in thought after placing it back down on the bar. "It's a long story, but the short version is that I'm simply avoiding family." She took another sip of her drink, starting to feel just the slightest bit of a buzz. 

"Now it's your turn to answer a question, why are you alone?"
Back to top Go down
Xaphan
Level 5
Xaphan

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#8PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:27 am

"Well, I was away for too long and all the people I knew are now dead. The not so fun perk of living a long life." His own short version. Part of him felt as if he should be sad at such a blatant dark spot, but he wasn't. Time heals all wounds. His brown gaze returned to the bar wall, looking over the various drinks as he thought on his next words.

"It seems we have some good reasons to be alone. And I have time, why don't you tell me the whole story? I promise I'm a good listener." Now this was true. After so long of only hearing his own voice he loved listening to others speak. It was a constant reminder that he wasn't alone. Once more he shot a glance her way and winked. Ever flirtatious.

@KittyYoungblood
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#9PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:39 am

She chuckled, a bigger smile on her face this time. "I know the feeling, the phrase 'life is short' doesn't really apply much." She took a longer sip of her drink this time, preparing herself for the emotional baggage she was about to dump on this poor unsuspecting stranger. "Well the story is kind of complicated so i'll simplify it." She took the last sip of her drink, inhaling deeply. "Basically I've gotten on the bad side of some pretty powerful people, but i'm not the only one in trouble with them. You see they've got targets painted on the backs of my friends and family, so what does one of them decide to do? Make a big public statement and throw everything into the arena, basically pull back the curtain in Oz." She ran a hand through her red hair, sighing.

"So i try to do all I can to show them what a mistake that was, but she just...ugh she doesn't see it." She ran a hand down her face, briefly turning away from Xaphan. "It's going to get her killed, she's just as stubborn as her father."
Back to top Go down
Xaphan
Level 5
Xaphan

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#10PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:45 am

"Curtain of Oz?" Nope, he had no idea what the reference was too. But he got the general idea @KittyYoungblood was going for. Threatened, this family member of Kitty chose to scratch out, and only pissed off the more powerful person. Or something like that.

He sipped at his drink as he thought on the words, then sat down his drink with a wide smile on his face. "Well, why don't we just go deal with these powerful people? How many could there be?"
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#11PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 3:51 am

"That's sweet, but very naive." Kitty spoke softly, her smile morphing into a frown as she looked down at her empty glass. "There are thousands of them, possibly even a million. They know how to hunt us and kill us." She twirled the empty glass around with her finger, a strand of her hair turning black. 

"I just don't understand why, we've fought by their side for years. But suddenly they stab us in the back and start hunting us down. One. By. One."
Back to top Go down
Xaphan
Level 5
Xaphan

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#12PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 9:33 pm

"Well, if there's so many I guess it's pretty hard to kill em. Kinda like ants, huh?" Another sip of his whiskey. He wasn't sure what to say to @'KittyYoungblood' about this sort of problem. Xaphan never had to experience it.

"What about trying to figure out why?"
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#13PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptyThu Aug 18, 2016 9:38 pm

"I already know why. They see supernaturals as a threat. They look at us like we're a ticking time bomb, that suddenly we'll explode and turn on everyone." She sighed, running a hand through her hair again and forcing a smile when she looked up at him again. "Sorry i'm ranting. I do that a lot."
Back to top Go down
Xaphan
Level 5
Xaphan

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#14PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 2:18 am

"No no, it's perfectly fine! I enjoy listening to others speak, reminds me I'm no longer alone." Or in prison. Xaphan was sure to leave that part out in case @'KittyYoungblood' might be turned away at the notion. He doubted it by this point, but still. This was the nicest company he's had for.. Yeah, you get it.

"Why don't we change the subject, drink, have fun! If there's nothing we can do yet, might as well enjoy the night, right?"
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#15PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 2:23 am

Kitty chuckled, the smile becoming a bit less forced. "I suppose we should enjoy the night." She leaned back a bit in the bar stool, turning her body so she was fully facing him with a small smirk on her face. "So tell me more about you, Xaphan. I have a feeling there is more to you than meets the eye."
Back to top Go down
Xaphan
Level 5
Xaphan

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#16PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 3:12 am

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Tumblr_inline_obro6ve3jF1tmx1hi_500

He was caught a little off guard. It wasn't like he didn't expect to be asked about himself, he just.. Didn't expect to be asked about himself. As it goes, he wasn't use to it. So he chuckled, sipping at his own drink.

"Well, my dear, there's not much to be told. I got mixed into a war between my family, and chose not to fight. As a result, my Father had me locked away. Just recently got free, so I'm a bit lost in the current world, as you can probably tell."
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#17PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 3:36 am

Kitty cocked her head to the side, her smirk morphing into a grin that showed her teeth. "Daddy issues, eh? Can't say I know the feeling, I was Mommy's little princess." She chuckled at her own little joke, twirling around her empty glass again. "I understand the war part and not wanting to fight, Uncle was a bit of a pureblood snob." Kitty looked Xaphan over again, amusement bleeding into her blue eyes. "You're finally free and the first place you go is a bar?" She chuckled, she felt at ease now instead of angry and on edge from recent events. "I like you." Then she waved her hand to the bartender for another drink. "Maybe spice it up a bit then, drinking contest?"
Back to top Go down
Xaphan
Level 5
Xaphan

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#18PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 11:18 pm

"Drinking contest? Well, I suppose. But keep in mind I probably can't even get drunk. I mean, we'll find out, but yeah." He wasn't kidding. He liked the drink for how it tasted and it burned, but he wasn't very sure if he could get drunk.

Only one real way to tell.

With a similar wave to @'KittyYoungblood' Xaphan ordered a new drink similar to hers (to make it fair) and held the glass out, almost like a cheers. "Shall we begin?"
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#19PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 11:22 pm

"Absolutely." The bartender had brought over a tray of shots, about 10 were on the tray. Kitty had not gotten drunk in the longest time, but she hoped her healing factor would make up for that. She began downing shots easily, not even flinching when it burned down her throat.
Back to top Go down
Xaphan
Level 5
Xaphan

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#20PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 11:45 pm

Xaphan was quick to follow @'KittyYoungblood' and down his first drink. Ah, the sweet burning sensation. He actually enjoyed the simple feeling, and reached out right for another. Shot by shot he would go, offering a quick wink to his drinking partner as he downed his fifth.

"Y'know, I might actually be feeling something. Not sure if it's drunkenness or not, but I'm feeling it."
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#21PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 11:50 pm

Kitty chuckled, she was beginning to feel the buzz too. She had already signaled the bartender for another shot tray and was now on her sixth shot. "I can feel it a bit too."
Back to top Go down
Xaphan
Level 5
Xaphan

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#22PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 1:44 am

It only took two more shots until Xaphan felt it. Yeah, actual drunkenness. Not something he had expected, but it felt good none the less. Lightheaded, almost out of body. The seventh one was gargled down with a bit of laughter as he looked the glass over.

"Y'know, I'm fairly certain that I am actually drunk. Who'd of thought?"
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#23PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 4:05 am

Kitty giggled, downing her eighth shot before placing the glass down and giggling again. "So am I." Kitty looked a bit red in the face, she was also giggling for no reason. "I haven't been buzzed since... the eighties!" She giggled again.
Back to top Go down
Xaphan
Level 5
Xaphan

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#24PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 4:12 am

"Well, I at least have you beat there." Another chuckle escaped his lips as he set down the glass for his seventh. Nope, he wasn't going to win this one. But it wasn't like he wanted to. With a nod of his head he admitted defeat. "If this is your pace, I won't be able to win."
Back to top Go down
KittyYoungblood
Level 33
KittyYoungblood

Queen of Nightblood

Developer
Galactic Systems Union
Elementalist
Omega-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#25PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty EmptySun Aug 21, 2016 4:23 am

She giggled and put her arms above her head, wiggling her finger tips. "Woohoo! Victory!" She giggled once more before settling down, putting her chin in her hand and looking at him curiously. "What are you? You don't smell right." She was blunt, she tended to lose what small filter she had when drunk. But she was curious, he didn't exactly smell human.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty#26PostSubject: Re: Cheers, To Life and Liberty   Cheers, To Life and Liberty Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheers, To Life and Liberty

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next