Convergence RP Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRulesTimelineLatest imagesFactionsEventsMapSearchRegisterLog in
Click HERE to join our Discord Chat!
Remember to vote for us HERE!

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty
The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#1PostSubject: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 2:52 am

Elias was not only surprised, but disappointed when he finally stumbled upon the somewhat fabled rabbitkin. As far as Elias could tell, the village only had one large pool of magic closer to the center, sad to say the least. On the other hand, the rabbitkin and their village looked to be straight out of a children's movie. Populated with thigh-high bunnylike creatures mostly of grey or white with hands instead of fore paws and standing on their hind legs. The village itself was placed in the center of a wide open meadow surrounded​ by a picturesque forest and fields of colorful flowers, bright green grass, and what Elias assumed were farm fields of carrots. In the center of the meadow sat a cluster of pastel colored egg-shaped huts standing no higher than Elias' shoulder.

Elias strolled towards the center of the village on a light brown dirt path where he found most of the rabbitkin - roughly twenty or so - surrounding an intricate magic circle filled with wavy colorful shapes in the same pallette as the huts all loosely connected to a much smaller circle in the center, though still being large enough for a large dog to curl up and sleep in.

Most of the rabbitkin literally jumped as Elias approached, his boot crunching on a bit of dry dirt.

"Woah there," a younger grey rabbitkin cried, only to calm down as he saw Elias' light blue and gold Easter themed robes. "A-are you to help us complete the ritual?"

"I guess?" Elias replied after a moment, "what's missing from that ritual you've got there?"

"Only the rarest egg of all," the rabbitkin said dramatically, "a dragon egg"

Elias was about to respond before his thoughts were interrupted by a new person arriving.
Back to top Go down
http://www.convergencerp.net/t227-elias-bishop#1720
Lunar Cataphract
Level 11
Lunar Cataphract

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards
The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Y95L9lU Easter Bunny
The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) LiSt9Q4 Member of the Month

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#2PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 11:54 am

This was utterly ridiculous. Saryn had just been out looking for her former husband and ended up landing on this planet of over grown rabbits...not that she had a clue what rabbits are. They did look similar to creatures she was familiar with back from her race's now dead empire but that was on the other side of the galaxy. She looked around at the colourful sight before her the verdant fields of green and flowers not to mention the children's novel houses. From a distance the village did look to be rather large but as Saryn advanced closer she came to realise three things. One the houses only went up to her shoulder. Two the fluffy residents were all staring at her with a mix of caution and fear. Finally point three she was not the only non-rabbit here as that was when she noticed Elias' presence in the distance conversing with one of the strange rabbit creatures.

Saryn advanced towards Elias carelessly crushing flowers under foot not that she cared much. "You. Mortal with dark hair. What is this about a dragon?"  The grey Rabbitkin that was present spoke up again. "The dragon is a dangerous creature! He's big, mean and scary! He won't give us an egg so um we're hoping you two can steal one for us!" Saryn turned her focus to the fluffy grey creature and scowled with an expression that simply screamed refusal which of course caused the young rabbit to visibly shrink away. "I'm not here to help with your issues...I am looking for someone. A specific vessel to be precise." The grey rabbit tapped the ground with his right foot before speaking. "We-well the only one who could help is the chief! And he's busy with the ritual!" Hearing that news Saryn's expression went up a few levels of annoyance causing her to groan.  "Fine I'll get this egg for you. Then you'll help me."

She looked away from the village of rabbits her gaze resting upon a mountain that overlooked the village. She had a sneaky suspicion that mountain was going to be the lair of this dragon. "What is a dragon anyway?" The young grey haired rabbit was a little bit afraid of Saryn that much was clear from his hunched posture and general restlessness hence why it would come at no surprise he hopped behind Elias clutching his colourful robes. "Umm...the dragon's at the mountain..but I don't really know much about him! He is just big and scary and is a meanie butt who won't share an egg with us!" Saryn sighed and rolled her eyes around to look at Elias fully expecting him to provide the information this young rabbit couldn't. Despite how the grey hair had been unable to answer all of Saryn's questions he had at least told her where to find it which was better than nothing one supposed.
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#3PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptySat Apr 08, 2017 10:48 pm

Elias turned to face the new arrival. An apparently human woman wearing a normal white shirt and black trousers almost seeming to go out of her way to stomp flowers under her boots. Though that's where the 'humanity' ended. The woman's muscle tone was far beyond anything Elias thought a normal human woman would be able to attain, and the scale-like growths around her neck and unsettling glowing orange eyes threw off the entire image. She addressed Elias as soon as she got into comfortable earshot, asking about the dragon discussion they were having. Elias started to respond before being cut off by the same gray haired bunny as before, somehow reaching the conclusion that the Rabbitkin could help her if they got a dragon egg, basically the opposite of Elias' intent to see what this whole Easter ritual was about.

"you haven't heard of dragons before?" Elias questioned exasperatedly after the woman rolled her unsettling orange eyes, "They're only the most legendary creatures in the galaxy." The wizard quickly straightened up and prepared an explanation. "Well, if you really don't know about dragons, I guess I can tell you," Elias took a dramatic breath, "They're legendary creatures said to have been one of the first ever sentient beings. They're giant lizardlike creatures with wings and an immense connection to the magic which flows about our galaxy. No one knows how long they live, but it is known that they can for thousands of years and they're nigh impossible to kill. Oh, and there's tons of different types too, the difference can be told by the color of their scales and their breath weapons. The shiny ones are pretty decent to talk to, the not shiny ones like to kill you. Apparently they don't live as long though, so it's not like we have chaotic dragons threatening the galaxy all the time." Elias' train of thought crashed for a moment and he took a deep breath to put it back on. "So long story short, Dragons are really really big winged lizards with big bad dangerous breath attack and magical power and they're super smart too so you basically don't want to fuck with them." Elias straightened up again. "Is that good enough?"
Back to top Go down
Lunar Cataphract
Level 11
Lunar Cataphract

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#4PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 11:27 am

Saryn listened to the run down of what a dragon was and did find it a little hard to believe on account of the fact her own culture did not have dragons nor a beast like them. "Spare me the mythological rubbish. I am not interested in fantasy and no I have not heard of dragons before." As a scientist Saryn would have been strongly insulted by people that took myths and legends as proof in the place of cold hard fact. A story was, she supposed, a good way to document and pass information down throughout the ages but the downside was stories eventually ended up being the whisper in a big game of Chinese Whispers. "I've spent the better part of the last three thousand years travelling from the other side of the galaxy having only just completed my journey. Of course I won't know what your myths and legends are." With that said she folded her arms and sat down her butterfly wings folded up nicely on her back. 

"Wings, sentience and fire breathing I can believe but magic? Really? That I find hard to take at face value." Despite the tone of coldness and scepticism in her voice Saryn was not completely opposed to the notion of "magic" after all she had seen a lot of strange things in her lifespan but at the end of the day she was a scientist and like all scientists required proof. Now that Elias was actually going into more depths on different types of dragons was Saryn in fact interested. As a biologist, among other things, she could not deny her interest was piqued in these dragons. "For the time being yes but explain these breath attacks? Surely you don't mean they just breath over me and I die?" While it was indeed entirely possible that a creature just had to breath to kill something there had to be some methodology behind it. She was not going to believe "lol magic" as an answer.
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#5PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 1:33 am

Elias expertly contained his amazement. Even after three thousand years of adventure through a galaxy, the woman (now dubbed scale face in Elias' head) had barely encountered magic and not a single account of the legendary creatures known as dragons. That couldn't have been anything short of a miracle given how blatantly obvious the use of magic was throughout the galaxy.

"You must've been a pretty horrible traveller to never have heard of dragons before," Elias said, "Most creation stories I've seen involved dragons at some point within them, and all depictions somehow end up being the same." He shifted his staff to his right hand and leaned on it. "With that said, yes, a dragon powerful enough could just breathe on you and kill you." He flashed a grin and began walking in the direction of a mountain poking over the top of the forest to the west. "Though I guess this is the perfect time to find out, isn't it?"

Elias set a casual pace in the direction of the mountain, not bothering to make sure scale face had started following him. He fully intended to take down whatever dragon had chosen to reside in the mountain beyond, and he was fairly positive he could do it without the help of scale face. In fact, he doubted she could fight such a legendary creature even with her admittedly impressive amount of muscle. After all, scale face carried no heavy weaponry and no more magic pooled into her soul as that of a normal mortal.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Cataphract
Level 11
Lunar Cataphract

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#6PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptyTue Apr 11, 2017 6:32 pm

"Incorrect. A traveller is someone who travels from one destination to another. I had no reason to stop and sample the sites I ventured past." If anything for not letting anything distract her on the way to her destination meant Saryn was rather a good traveller. She had taken the most direct and expedient route as she pursued her target through the stars. "I did not travel all this way to explorer. Although perhaps magic is not as prevalent as you thought it was mortal." Saryn listened intently to Elias' assertion that a powerful enough dragon could just breath and you'd drop dead. Saryn was not disputing that but she still had questions especially behind how such a creature could possibly do such a thing. "Hmm..but the question is how? Is it bacterial? Or some form of microorganism in the dragon's breath? What's this creature's biological order anyway? Where does it stand in genetic relation to other members of the Animalia Kingdom?" Perhaps Saryn's strict adherence to science was a little over the top.

As Elias walked away Saryn merely shook her head and sighed. Walking was all well and good but she decided the sooner she got there the sooner she could claim this egg and get back to the only goal she had left. From Saryn's back spread a large pair of butterfly wings coloured in bright shades of gold, purple and green marked with a pattern of eyes; she had decided to follow the same design principle found in many butterfly species that of mimicry It was why the patterns of her wings looked an awful lot like the eyes of a much bigger creature. She walked after Elias rapidly catching up with him idly flapping her wings in a manner similar to stretching in the same degree professional athletes stretched their limbs before competing. "Try not to die mortal. Your lives are short enough." In order to see if her abilities were as responsive as before Saryn flexed both her arms and they changed growing into an organic gun like structure.. "good...live dissections are always so messy." She was rather glad her abilities still seemed to be as responsive as they had been before.

As Saryn walked alongside her "partner" the differences in their attitudes were as plain as night and day. While Elias' was a lot more relaxed and easy going Saryn's was significantly more controlled closer to the marching stance one would expect from trained soldiers. If that wasn't enough to hammer home the seriousness of her nature Saryn's body posture could only be described as....tight. "I do actually have other questions for you. What exactly is this "magic" you talk of?  If it exists it has to be a form of science that follows the rules of reality." It wasn't a matter of Saryn believing magic to be real or not. She had no issue in believing in magic as a form of science she just couldn't believe it existed as anything other than a type of science. The reason for that die hard refusal to accept magic as anything other  than a form of science was simply impossible. The universe had rules that you need to follow end of story. Anything and everything that existed had to follow these rules.
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#7PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 4:36 am

Elias mostly ignored what scale face had said after walking off. Based on what he had seen of the woman, she was nothing but a giant ball of monotoned negativity. Likely the kind of person he wouldn't actually want to get along with for more than thirty seconds. In fact, she had already began irritating Elias with her near immediate disbelief right after Elias' sort of description about dragonkind. He still wondered how the woman hadn't encountered magic or a single story about dragons. After all, the galaxy was filled to the brim with both.

Then a pair of butterfly wings sprouted from the woman's back. Elias let out an entertained huff and shook his head with a slight grin on his face. Scale Face only seemed to be showing off by now as she strolled to catch up with Elias. Once she did, her forearms morphed into what appeared to be biological guns. Elias whistled once he saw the process. He hadn't felt a single ounce of magical energy used for the morphing  "Yeah, I've got quite a bit of magical mojo at my fingertips," Elias said, "Though I don't have anything like your mutation thingy. Where'd you get it?" Several minutes passed as the wildly opposite pair walked along a very convenient path towards the mountain. Elias guessed they had made it halfway there before Scale Face asked another question. This time about magic.

"Magic huh..." Elias mused, "As far as we wizards can tell, magic is the force that holds the universe together. Kind of the reason everything exists as it does in something our brains can comprehend most of the time. As for rules, well, as far as I can tell, you can't do anything science can't with magic. You can manipulate magical energy to sort of circumvent a lot of the hurdles magic has to go over. Like your transformation stuff. I'm going to assume you were biologically engineered or something. With magic, a person would be able to do the same, only with different methods. Of course, I imagine that your transformation is rather reliable, whereas a wizard transforming in the same way would run the risk of permanently shapeshifting his body or losing control of the magical energies that did it and end up dying in the process." Elias paused for a second to catch his breath. "Did that make any sense?"
Back to top Go down
Lunar Cataphract
Level 11
Lunar Cataphract

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#8PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Saryn twisted her head to look at Elias and raised an eyebrow a little surprised he was displaying an interest in her unique abilities especially when she thought the answer was obvious. "Born with them is the short hand answer. I'd rather keep the details to myself...." The heavy sigh, the weighty tone of her voice and how she had just trailed off at the answer implied there was a certain amount of pain behind that answer. "It's not mutation. My genetics aren't mutating into anything. They are simply growing into a different form. The base line code stays the same." Explaining this to a non-scientist was always so bothersome couldn't they just already know this stuff?! It's not like it was hard to find out! They could just pick up a book and read but oh well not everybody cared. Saryn supposed it was merely something she would have to tolerate. 

Saryn pointed her arms at a medium sized tree in front of her and fired. Immediately two beams of green energy erupted from her organic weapons and impacted the tree blasting a hole clean through it. "Well that's a relief. I am glad they retain their functionality after so long." She was mainly talking to herself as at the end of the day it was her own business. With a brief mental command Saryn returned her arms to their "natural" shape of hands. Elias' explanation of magic was rather interesting and something she would definitely need to research further. "So if I am understanding this correctly "magic" is more of a catch all term for any type of energy that can manipulate or alter space? Right that makes sense but how do you control this energy in the first place? It simply can not be something that you "can just do."" Saryn decided she would probably have to research this "magic" in more detail once she was finished with her present business that is.

Despite her present, if rather limited understanding of magic, Saryn was a little surprised that shape changing would result in the loss of magic but factoring that new information in lead her to another conclusion: magic had to be genetic. "If changing your physical form results in the loss of magical ability am I right in assuming it is genetic? I forgot how...concrete other people's genetics could be." That was what Saryn assumed the difference between her shape shifting and the shape shifting Elias was mentioning magic could achieve: genetics. Her genetics contained the genes for all of the forms she could adopt so it was a simple matter of turning them on or off while magic would change the genetic code as a whole. "I wouldn't say biologically engineered..more grown. It's rather personal and I don't trust you." During this entire conversation Saryn had been walking for the mountain not stopping once except for when she tested her weaponry earlier.
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#9PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 4:20 pm

Scale Face's mutation (or genetics, whichever she preferred it to be called) seemed to possess incredible power and had impressive versatility. Elias considered it a wonder that she kept her body from collapsing without magic in any form. The wizard decided to chalk it up to hyper advanced genetic engineering and her specialized 'creation' and growth with these abilities for a reason that they kept stable. "I see," Elias replied after scale face gave her explanation, hoping to convey some limited form of understanding. He gathered that everything she could do had been programmed into her DNA whenever scale face had been born, and all she really did was generate and reconstruct cells at a hyper accelerated rate, and Elias' lack of expertise in biology prevented him from understanding much more.

The pair continued walking onward. The tip of the mountain had long since disappeared through the tree branches, but the ground had begun to slope upwards. Scale face seemed to test a few more of her mutations on the surrounding forest as they continued, commenting on how she was glad they hadn't lost functionality or something. Though it only added to Elias' pile of confusion rather than answering any of his questions. Though it appeared that scale face wasn't all that much clearer on magic than Elias was on her own abilities, though pretty much all of what she gathered was more or less correct. "Sorry to disappoint," Elias said, "Though as far as I can tell, magic is something you can just 'do'. It's sort of a mental thing, I pull energy from around me and kind of shape it into what I want." Elias didn't expect his continued explanation to make much sense mostly because he didn't fully understand it himself. As far as he could tell, magic just was. It existed as a single universal constant no one really understood.

The slope had started to get steeper and the density of trees thinned out. Somewhere off to Elias' left, he could hear the whistling of wind blowing over the mouth of a cave. Scale Face's words simply breezed over Elias as he began walking towards the source of the eerie whistling sounds. The time to do battle with a dragon had arrived. The wizard debated continuing the conversation the two had been engaged in on and off after the hour or so the two had spent walking up to the mountain. Elias whispered a few unintelligible words to his staff and a blue orb of light appeared over his head, spreading a soft blue glow down into the cavern below. "So," Elias said, "You ready to go in?"
Back to top Go down
Lunar Cataphract
Level 11
Lunar Cataphract

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#10PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 10:03 pm

As Saryn made her way towards the mountain its peaks began to slip out of view hiding behind the tree tops until it was eventually out of site completely. Of course that did very little to deter Saryn who simply continued to walk towards the hidden mountain. As she walked what Elias had to say only further annoyed her due to how simply unscientific it sounded. Was he really saying that some people could use magic and some couldn't? Preposterous. There HAD to be some means by which a person's aptitude at magic was determined. "Uh huh.......right...well in that case once this is over I will be taking a sample of your brain matter. Don't worry you'll survive unharmed." That was not her asking for permission or giving Elias a chance to disagree. Saryn would be taking that genetic sample end of story but still she wasn't cruel and so would ensure Elias' experience was a painless zero risk one.

"But I suppose we have bigger issues to concern ourselves with. Mainly the dragon's fire breath. Does this "magic" of yours have some way to provide protection against fire? It is rather dangerous to organic life forms after all." Saryn was doing what she could to ensure her true motives behind asking that question remained secret: she had a serious weakness to fire more than that of a normal person. Eventually as Saryn and her bearded associate advanced through the forest grew closer to their destination the trees grew thinner allowing sunlight onto the ground below through the canopy. Ultimately the trees retreated revealing the rocky ground of the mountain an imposing structure that towered over Saryn. "Are you able to fly?" The scale face, as she had been so elegantly nicknamed, stared at Elias her expression piercing right through him. It was rather disturbing really as Saryn really was looking through him; she did view him as little more than an interesting genetic sample after all. 

Saryn looked away from Elias momentarily towards the cave mouth feeling the wind blowing through it. "So light creation is one thing that can be accomplished with magic...hmp. Useful but surely wouldn't night vision work better? I feel your little orb would only give us away." Saryn looked around the area pondering something. "As this dragon can fly we should keep it in the cave. I'm assuming it is rather big." She clenched her fists and they twisted growing, changing and morphing into a different form. Her right arm split in half length ways numerous triangular growths forming along the inside of the split similar to teeth; on closer inspections these "teeth" seem to alternate however as a charge of electricity jumped between the "teeth." Saryn's left arm on the other hand also split except it broke apart into a series of five spiked tendrils moving and twisting of their own accord. A clear liquid dripped from the spikes of her tendrils. "Ready. If you have some means of protecting us against fire I would use it." There was an undertone of annoyance in Saryn's voice which was odd as it had only appeared when she was talking about fire.
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#11PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 2:33 am

Scale Face had a lot of demands Elias didn't have any real intention of going through with, certainly not the brain tissue comment. He didn't consider his brain all that spectacular or special in comparison to other human beings, and he figured a bit of kinetomancy would be plenty to keep the woman, no, thing off him before tossing a magic smoke bomb and darting off, disguising it as 'teleportation'. Not only that, but Scale Face also made a lot of assumptions, for some reason. She appeared to be particularly hung up on fire or something.

"I don't think all dragons breathe fire," Elias commented as he jumped feet first into the gaping cavern. Blue light from his orb spilled further inside, "On your other comment, if I could turn on night vision, I'm fairly positive the dragon would have already smelled us by now." The wizard stepped further into the cave, loose stones crunched beneath his boots, the dull crackling echoed into the inky black cavern below. Elias hoped his gulp remained unheard as he stared into the looming abyss beyond. The little orb posed as little more than a tiny spec of starlight against an infinite black sky. Nevertheless, the wizard marched on, and hoped his wildly mutated ally would be able to react fast enough against any potential attackers.

Elias figured it had been about a half mile of wandering down a fairly straightforward cave before a faint rumbling huff could be heard somewhere in the oppressing darkness above. "I don't know much about dragons," Elias said, "But I'm fairly positive that this isn't a fire dragon." The wizard took several more steps forward. His feet scuffled against a few unseen metal coins which clinked, echoing through the darkness as the little blue light illuminated the the lower portion of what seemed to be a large, black scaled dragon. It seemed as if wispy black mist flowed out from other the scales. "So if I'm right, we're either facing a shadow or a death dragon." Elias turned around to face Scale Face. "In other words, I think we're screwed." He slowly began to step backwards.

Then a pair of red eyes glowed in the gloom above and the dragon let out a feral roar. "Yeah we're totally screwed." Elias said as a barrier or white light flashed into existence right before the dragon could bite Elias' head off.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Cataphract
Level 11
Lunar Cataphract

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#12PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptyThu Apr 20, 2017 8:37 pm

"Not all of them do? Hm...interesting." On account of her background as a biologist and geneticist, among other things, Saryn was definitely interested by the fact not all dragons breathed fire. It implied there was at least a certain degree of variation between all of them. In her head all of this information was being catalogued and stored away for future referencing; one of her strongest advantages was how Saryn's memory retention ability was far beyond that of a normal beings which was probably one of the reasons why she was such a good scientist. The lack of night vision was indeed a real shame but Saryn could go without it if the situation demanded it. "Understood." A curt reply was all it took for the shape changer to indicate she wasn't too bothered about it. 

She boldly walked after Elias allowing him to go first as he had the light; it made a lot more sense as the sooner she saw a threat the sooner she could react to it plus if things turned south the closer she was to the cave entrance the better her chance at escaping. She followed after her bearded associated un-bothered by the darkness; only children and primitive savages held a fear of the unknown while Saryn found it incredibly alluring. There was a certain attraction to the unknown especially when it came to scientific work... "Not a fire dragon?..Hmm...." She didn't show it but Saryn was relieved by that given away by the fact her body became significantly less tense. It was a minor give away but as her shoulders lowered slightly she couldn't deny being relieved to hear it wasn't a fire dragon however that did beg the question..."If it isn't a fire dragon what breed are we facing here?...

The shape changer's ears perked up at the sound of metal clinking against metal and her gaze darted to the origin of the sound noticing Elias had stepped upon a few loose coins. One supposed those coins had been simply left behind but as Saryn's gaze wondered she noticed more and more coins strewn over the cave floor. Looking up from the floor Saryn took in the pure black scales and the gas that seeped out of them but was not bothered by it; after all she had a total immunity to any form of virus or infection. "I have no idea what that means or implies." Despite that Saryn wasn't totally stupid. She turned and legged it running at her full speed, an impressive thirty miles an hour, making progress towards the cave entrance. She didn't bother to look back at Elias and so totally missed the wall of light appearing or how the dragon attempted to bite his head off. She would keep running until she got out the cave and then run sideways finding something to hide behind. She wasn't going to risk her life fighting an unknown foe like this "death dragon."
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#13PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptyTue May 02, 2017 12:03 am

Elias barely registered scale face's flight as he desperately channeled the energies he needed to maintain the bubble under the black dragon's crushing claws. Stars spotted the wizard's eyes under the blaring bright white spots of light where the massive dragon's fangs pressed in to Elias' shield. He refocused the energies into more specific points around the Dragon's fangs. The runes spotting down the blackened ash of Elias' staff blazed a brighter blue as more magical energy flowed. Sweat began beading down the young wizard's forehead with the exertion of moving so much energy so suddenly. Elias glanced around for a way to escape and noticed the black smoke slowly drifting below the now removed barriers of the bubble and towards his feet. Miniature shadowy hands began emerging from the inky wisps.

"Shit," Elias spat as his right hand released the staff, "It's a death dragon." Fire seemed to erupt from his fist and Elias brought it upwards, launching a lance of white hot flame upwards into the Death Dragon's throat. Elias took no time to celebrate and ran as quickly as he could while beast let out an ear-piercing roar and recoiled in the pain of the sudden attack.

"It's a death dragon," Elias shouted over the dragon's cries of pain as he neared scale face, "It'll probably try to enslave our souls or summon an army of undead," He stooped over to catch his breath, "Hopefully it's the latter, I'm not great with mind magics." He swiftly pulled a revolver from his bag and fired on the ground nearby. Eight bolts of purple light erupted from the barrel with a bassy woosh. The moment they collided with the ground, eight seven foot tall metallic knights holding what appeared to be a magical version of flamethrowers. The dragon's roars suddenly switched from pain to rage and began growing louder. "I hope you have bigger arm cannons," Elias commented as he pulled more magic from the world around.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Cataphract
Level 11
Lunar Cataphract

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#14PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptyTue May 02, 2017 2:07 pm

In order to check behind her Saryn employed her powers to make an eye grow in her back. She took in the sight behind her and oh boy was it not a good one. Elias seemed to be focusing upon fighting the over grown reptile as opposed to legging it. Saryn considered going back to assist him in escaping but she decided that if he chose to try and fend off the dragon that meant he knew what he was doing. Observing the ball of fire slam into the dragon's neck and its pained reaction implied the presence of an exploitable weakness one which the scientist was all too ready to take advantage but the question she had in mind was how. Sure a weak point was still a weak point but that didn't answer the question of what weapon to use.

Saryn was soon joined in her hiding place by Elias as the bearded mage joined her spouting something about how it would trap their souls after death. Were it not for the situation Saryn would have probably debated that with Elias due to her own scientific beliefs but that would be stupid given this situation. "He may take your soul but..this isn't my real body. So killing it won't kill me." A smug grin flashed across her cheeks as she observed the summoning of the flamethrower wielding knights who would get to work unleashing their fire spouting weapons upon the dragon. "Size is relative of destructive potential." With a brief mental command both her arms twisted and changed into yet another organic weapon which dripped a foul green liquid. The liquid began to eat away at the ground it landed on hissing aggressively if it ever could. 

"I trust acid will work." It was more of a statement than a question. Saryn leaped out from behind the rock and charged towards one of the giant knights jumping atop their shoulders. From there she would jump off their shoulders to launch herself skyward extending a pair of butterfly wings to fly as the dragon attempted to crush the knights with its claws. With her vantage point flying over the dragon Saryn aimed her arm cannons at the dragon's head and fired. Vast floods of acid erupted from her limbs and soaked the dragon's head with it. The acid would get to work as the dragon violently thrash the acid eating through its scales. The dragon did attempt to keep the acid out of its eyes by shutting them but alas the acid would just begin to eat through the eyelids burning through anything it was faced with.
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#15PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptySat May 06, 2017 2:41 am

The metallic knights moved with an eerie swiftness as the Dragon tried to crush them under its massive talons. Despite their impressive size and their seemingly steel armor, the only noises they made were the sounds of gravel crunching beneath their feet and the woosh of flame erupting from the nozzles of their magical flamethrowers. Elias took control of their commands for a moment and, with a flick of his fingers, the knights organized themselves into a ring around the dragon, aiming to keep it from charging in any direction for fear of the heat and flame seeping through its scales.

In the meantime, Acid slowly ate through the Dragon's head and eyelids. It roared before releasing a burst of black mist from its head. The acid simply slid off, but not before it could burn away the Dragon's scales and eyelids. The beast let out another roar of rage and cowered away from the walls of flame and the danger of  acid raining from above.

"Thanks for the opening," Elias said while grinning. He raised his staff horizontally at shoulder height and began chanting. Magical energy coalesced and swirled around the young wizard's chest as he worked the mystic energies which bound the universe together. He imagined invisible strings tugging at patches of rock from the soaring mountain above. Chips of rock tumbled to the ground as three large boulders slowly tore free of the rock face, lazily floating above the Dragon. Elias released the spell and the three giant boulders came crashing down on the death dragon. Two on its wings, and the third on its head. "Now lets go get that egg," Elias said while catching his breath.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Cataphract
Level 11
Lunar Cataphract

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#16PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptySat May 06, 2017 1:09 pm

This whole situation was going very well. Elias' summoned knights advanced and formed a ring around the enraged dragon employing their flamethrowers to keep it trapped while Saryn's acid burned through its scales and eyelids. Sadly the Death Dragon expelled some form of black mist that somehow negated the effects of the acid but that was not really an issue. Looking up to see a series of large rocks falling free from the mountain Saryn flew back not wanting to be crushed allowing Elias to bury the dragon beneath them. Its wings were pinned down by a boulder each and one landed on its face hopefully causing it to loose consciousness which was good as most animals, when they lost consciousness, tended to stay unconscious for a good couple of hours which was plenty of time for the two of them to get the egg to the rabbits. 

"Yes lets." Saryn's arms twisted and melted turning back into normal limbs as the wings upon her back simply disintegrated making it seemed like they were never there in the first place. Despite the exertion she had gone through Saryn's rate of breathing remained the same as she walked around the dragon and ran into the cave. Her eyes would change and twist granting her much needed night vision as she advanced through the cave towards the dragon's treasure pile. Upon seeing the egg she would carefully pick it up and carry it out of the cave showing an amount of care that was almost out of character for her; of course one did have to remember she was a scientist at heart and so perhaps a delicate touch was not beyond her? "I'll see you at the village." As she walked out of the cave her eyes returned to normal.
Back to top Go down
Elias Bishop
Banned
Elias BishopBanned

Character
Neutral
Alive

Awards

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#17PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptyWed May 10, 2017 12:02 am

Elias grinned at the dragon's corpse. He had fully expected the dragon to have put up far more of a fight than that, yet somehow nothing more than a few boulders on an unshielded head were more than enough to kill the dragon. Still, he poked the corpse in what the wizard imagined would be the dragon's more sensitive parts just to ensure it was actually dead. The mountainous corpse did nothing.

A few moments later, Scale Face emerged from the the depths of the cave with a dragon egg. Her body seemed to melt back into its more or less human form.

"And now we'll give this egg back to the people it belongs to," Elias said in a singsong voice before lightly strolling back down the mountain towards the Rabbitkin's tiny village.

[End thread]
Back to top Go down
Daniel Almis
Infamy I
Daniel Almis

The Prisoner

Lead Developer
Neutral
Gunslinger
Gamma-Class Supernatural

Alive

Awards
The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) C1E9Nc0 Starforger's End
The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) DQtpig0 Archaeologist
The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) K2DLTa9 Scholar

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#18PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) EmptySat May 13, 2017 10:13 am

Thread Complete!
300XP Awarded

@Elias Bishop is now Level 18!
@Lunar Cataphract is now Level 10!
Back to top Go down
https://www.convergencerp.net/t6-dan-almis
Sponsored content

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty#19PostSubject: Re: The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)   The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest) Empty

Back to top Go down

The rarest egg of all (egg hunt quest)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1